2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
I wanna build a team. Then go qb 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 08:24 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I wanna build a team. Then go qb 2021

I am ok with this as long as someone with Burrow ability is there in 2021.  I think Eason may stay another year and if so, maybe he could work on his accuracy.  Eason has one of the best pure throwing motions I have observed in quite a while.  But I still think the Bengals ought to trade some vets for picks over the next two years.  If Burrow is there 2020 he would be hard to pass up.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 11:21 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am ok with this as long as someone with Burrow ability is there in 2021.  I think Eason may stay another year and if so, maybe he could work on his accuracy.  Eason has one of the best pure throwing motions I have observed in quite a while.  But I still think the Bengals ought to trade some vets for picks over the next two years.  If Burrow is there 2020 he would be hard to pass up.  

My only concern with Burrow is this is going to be his only good season, which makes me nervous with so little tape. He has played incredible this season but I always feel uneasy when a player looks like a one year wonder.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 12:01 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: My only concern with Burrow is this is going to be his only good season, which makes me nervous with so little tape. He has played incredible this season but I always feel uneasy when a player looks like a one year wonder.

Yep plus he is on a loaded team he should be putting up these numbers.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

The iron isn't always hot with QB prospects and early first round picks though.  Adding a FA QB rarely works.  Trading up to go and get a QB once you have an OK roster typically costs an arm and a leg.  As much as I'd like to agree, if there's a QB there who has the "it" factor, I think that it's a no-brainer to pick them unless you're offered the moon in a trade down.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 03:52 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: The iron isn't always hot with QB prospects and early first round picks though.  Adding a FA QB rarely works.  Trading up to go and get a QB once you have an OK roster typically costs an arm and a leg.  As much as I'd like to agree, if there's a QB there who has the "it" factor, I think that it's a no-brainer to pick them unless you're offered the moon in a trade down.

Recent history has actually been favorable to those guys who come up for their QB after building their team. Eagles/Chiefs/Texans/Bills all came up for QB's with better teams and it's worked pretty well. On the other side, teams who got the QB first before the team have not done well. One could argue that very concept derailed what should have been a Hall of Fame career for Andrew Luck.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 09:08 AM)Au165 Wrote: Recent history has actually been favorable to those guys who come up for their QB after building their team. Eagles/Chiefs/Texans/Bills all came up for QB's with better teams and it's worked pretty well. On the other side, teams who got the QB first before the team have not done well. One could argue that very concept derailed what should have been a Hall of Fame career for Andrew Luck.

Mike Brown doesn't trade up on Day 1 though. Only back.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 02:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Mike Brown doesn't trade up on Day 1 though. Only back.

Mike Brown doesn't do "X" until he does. We have seen this thrown out a ton over the years and it's always true until it's not. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 09:08 AM)Au165 Wrote: Recent history has actually been favorable to those guys who come up for their QB after building their team. Eagles/Chiefs/Texans/Bills all came up for QB's with better teams and it's worked pretty well. On the other side, teams who got the QB first before the team have not done well. One could argue that very concept derailed what should have been a Hall of Fame career for Andrew Luck.

Were the Texans really that good when they took Watson, though? Yes, they won a weak division the year before, but honestly they still have a lot of holes. Especially their OL.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 12:01 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: My only concern with Burrow is this is going to be his only good season, which makes me nervous with so little tape. He has played incredible this season but I always feel uneasy when a player looks like a one year wonder.

I wouldn't say that theres little tape on him, he's a two year starter.

He wasn't bad last year, he had decent numbers in that offense.  
Reply/Quote

The Bills are an interesting case.  They weren't really "close" aside from their defense when they drafted Allen.  They decided to sign MANY free agent vets and have bloodbath competition at many spots in order to round out their roster this year.  Beasley was a great addition.  I don't see why the Bengals couldn't pull a similar move if they found a top end QB prospect.  I don't usually get excited over QBs prospects, but the little that I've seen of Burrow and Tua have me convinced that they could both be good/great QBs someday.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 03:50 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: The Bills are an interesting case.  They weren't really "close" aside from their defense when they drafted Allen.  They decided to sign MANY free agent vets and have bloodbath competition at many spots in order to round out their roster this year.  Beasley was a great addition.  I don't see why the Bengals couldn't pull a similar move if they found a top end QB prospect.  I don't usually get excited over QBs prospects, but the little that I've seen of Burrow and Tua have me convinced that they could both be good/great QBs someday.

The Bills were 9-7 and had just lost in the playoffs with Tyrod Taylor when they traded up to get Allen. I'd say they were "close" as they had an elite defense and they were looking for a QB to hopefully jump start the offense and take them to the next level. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 09:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Were the Texans really that good when they took Watson, though? Yes, they won a weak division the year before, but honestly they still have a lot of holes. Especially their OL.

Yes, they had been 9-7 for 3 years straight when they drafted him. They had an elite defense and solid weapons and needed a QB to get to the next level. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 01:55 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I wouldn't say that theres little tape on him, he's a two year starter.

He wasn't bad last year, he had decent numbers in that offense.  

I never said he was bad but he certainly wasn’t decent. He was below average. His completion percentage 57%, good for 77th out of 107 qualified QBs. His rating was 133, good for 64th out of 107 qualified QBs. His 16 TDs were good for 63rd out of 107 qualified QBs.

Whenever you see a player have a meteoric rise like this, you have to wonder if you’re playing with fools gold. This year his completion percentage is 79%, up from 57%. His TDs are at 25, up from 16 last season. That’s pure insanity. It just makes you wonder.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 09:20 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I never said he was bad but he certainly wasn’t decent. He was below average. His completion percentage 57%, good for 77th out of 107 qualified QBs. His rating was 133, good for 64th out of 107 qualified QBs. His 16 TDs were good for 63rd out of 107 qualified QBs.

Whenever you see a player have a meteoric rise like this, you have to wonder if you’re playing with fools gold. This year his completion percentage is 79%, up from 57%. His TDs are at 25, up from 16 last season. That’s pure insanity. It just makes you wonder.

Burrow is a bit of a strange case as last year was his first extensive action and he had just transferred to LSU, so he didn't have time to develop in that system before being thrust into the starting role.  That's not to say one year wonder concerns aren't warranted, but it is something to consider.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 06:04 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't want the Bengals near Herbert, so naturally that is who they will draft if he drops in the draft...
At times I see potential but I see a better arm in Eason with higher ceiling.

Herbert and Eason go head to head today at 3:30 on ABC. Burrow plays at the same time on CBS. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

(10-16-2019, 11:21 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am ok with this as long as someone with Burrow ability is there in 2021.  I think Eason may stay another year and if so, maybe he could work on his accuracy.  Eason has one of the best pure throwing motions I have observed in quite a while.  But I still think the Bengals ought to trade some vets for picks over the next two years.  If Burrow is there 2020 he would be hard to pass up.  

If you "build a team", then the likelihood is they're competitive in 2020. If they're competitive in 2020, how do you get a top 10 QB in 2021?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 02:00 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Yep plus he is on a loaded team he should be putting up these numbers.

When you evaluate QBs, don't look at their raw stats or the talent around them. Look at how they perform under pressure, when they're on the move, the decisions they make, if they make the throws late in games to keep the chains moving or score and how they do all these things against better competition. 

It's more, how they play, than the numbers they produce. 

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2019, 12:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If you "build a team", then the likelihood is they're competitive in 2020. If they're competitive in 2020, how do you get a top 10 QB in 2021?

That is my worry.  I hope someone can watch Burrow this week.  Also Tua.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote