Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
QB candidates for 2020 Draft
(01-14-2020, 12:31 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Greatest scouting report ever.

I’m dying...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:31 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Greatest scouting report ever.

(01-14-2020, 03:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m dying...

Another chapter in the novel. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 06:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'd say that the reason they would come out early is more because of that's what's "expected" of a future NFL franchise QB, these days.  It's almost to the point where after Matt Leinart stayed for his Senior Season, that some talent evaluators feel like if a QB "needs" to stay for his final year, there must be something wrong with him, and thus not franchise QB material.

On another note, don't discount Joe Burrow.  He was a first year starter, with a new team last season, he did incredible given the situation.  Now, after a year to be settled, I think he lights it up this year.

My crystal ball was working just fine, back in last July.   Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 01:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My crystal ball was working just fine, back in last July.   Cool

amazing....
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 01:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My crystal ball was working just fine, back in last July.   Cool

Haha well done, Sunset!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 04:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Could you imagine the backlash from fans if the Bengals neglected defense this year in the draft given how abysmal they've been the past two seasons?
I think the only way you could sell that approach to the fans is if the Bengals were active in FA for defense.

Talking about Crystal Balls...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Change your username to NostraSunset.  ThumbsUp
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 10:30 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Change your username to NostraSunset.  ThumbsUp

I've been a Joe Burrow fan for quite some time.  Even living in NC, my friends back home all told me about this kid when he was a HS phenom. (My property in Oh is about 40 minutes from Athens)  So, I followed him at Ohio St., and was really disappointed when he didn't win the starting job.  Undeterred, I continued to follow him and his progress at LSU.

The guy is a fighter and a winner.  Not in a ****-sure kind of way, but in a technical, work-a-holic kind of way.  He's put in the work to refine his physical traits to maximize his genetic potential, as well as continue to develop his best tool, his mind.  Should he remain healthy as a pro, I have every confidence that he will lead the Bengals to true greatness.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Even a broken clock is right twice a day
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 11:19 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: Even a broken clock is right twice a day

Thanks!  A broken clock's success rate would be a serious upgrade, compared to my typical prediction success rate.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 10:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've been a Joe Burrow fan for quite some time.  Even living in NC, my friends back home all told me about this kid when he was a HS phenom. (My property in Oh is about 40 minutes from Athens)  So, I followed him at Ohio St., and was really disappointed when he didn't win the starting job.  Undeterred, I continued to follow him and his progress at LSU.

The guy is a fighter and a winner.  Not in a ****-sure kind of way, but in a technical, work-a-holic kind of way.  He's put in the work to refine his physical traits to maximize his genetic potential, as well as continue to develop his best tool, his mind.  Should he remain healthy as a pro, I have every confidence that he will lead the Bengals to true greatness.

That's pretty cool to hear. I've been watching some videos on Michael Jordan. Everyone agrees that what separated Jordan from other players, even the greats, was his competitiveness. I think Joe's confidence is similarly tied to his competitiveness. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 06:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'd say that the reason they would come out early is more because of that's what's "expected" of a future NFL franchise QB, these days.  It's almost to the point where after Matt Leinart stayed for his Senior Season, that some talent evaluators feel like if a QB "needs" to stay for his final year, there must be something wrong with him, and thus not franchise QB material.

On another note, don't discount Joe Burrow.  He was a first year starter, with a new team last season, he did incredible given the situation.  Now, after a year to be settled, I think he lights it up this year.

I think you were right about him lighting it up.
Reply/Quote
Was on the Burrow Train since September of last year. Way to go, me.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote

(04-28-2020, 08:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Haha well done, Sunset!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Nice LMAO!!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 03:45 AM)psychdoctor Wrote:

This is the type of stats that make me think Burrow can definitely lead us to the promised land. Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2020, 09:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice LMAO!!! Hilarious

I don't always nail the #1 pick, waaaay before anyone else.  But when I do, I make sure that all my friends get to remember that moment with me.  Cool

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 03:18 AM)J24 Wrote: Joe Burrow is probably the guy but I have serious doubts about the guy.
1.) Know one new who he was before the season began
2.) Arm Talent questions?
3.) Seems Athletic but not sure if it is transcendent or not.
4.) Hometown kid it will add a considerable amount of pressure on him than any other prospect.
5.) I think Jalen Hurts will be just as good or slightly worse than Burrow. Probably could get him in late first or early second in draft. Hurts + another Elite prospect or Burrow?

I wonder what this idiot was thinking when he wrote this post. Lol Dork!
1.) I still agree with this statement but in all honesty does it really matter?  Dude threw for 60 mother freaking TDs in the SEC.
2.) Again doesn't have the greatest Arm but he has a good Arm! I worry that he will try to make some Mahomes across the body throws that only Mahomes can make. Otherwise I don't think it's that big of a deal.
3.) He has Alex Smith Athleticism to go with Drew Brees accuracy + Arm. I'll take that. 
4.) I would worry about this in any prospect but less with him. His performances against Oklahoma + Clemson where unbelievable and quite frankly undeniable.
5.) I still think Jalen will be great but better than Burrow nah. He will be the 2nd best QB from this draft though. Love that kids fight and poise.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote