Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
QB candidates for 2020 Draft
(10-08-2019, 12:47 PM)Goalpost Wrote: From what I saw of Eason Saturday night, he needs to work on his touch.  He throws rockets.  Sometimes hard to catch balls on short passes.

Yes, he does not have touch.  But his arm is probably the best of the bunch if he decides to come out this year.  I think he should stay another year because of right now he is rated like 40th on some big boards.  

I am impressed by his arm however, it is something.  Burrow has the best of all things.  I am sold on Burrow and if the Bengals pass on him, they will regret it for years.  If the Patriots get Burrow toward the end of round 1 I will be sick.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Let's see how Burrow handles pressure this week against one of the best defenses in the country. He has yet to play a good defense this year, so should know how far he has truly come from last year after this weekend.
Reply/Quote
hey instead of drafting a QB maybe we can sign this guy... And draft an OL

CFL quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/04/cfl-quarterback-claims-he-rejected-vikings-offer-because-they-dont-want-a-controversy/
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 04:10 PM)Au165 Wrote: Let's see how Burrow handles pressure this week against one of the best defenses in the country. He has yet to play a good defense this year, so should know how far he has truly come from last year after this weekend.

If Burrow can make it through Florida, Auburn, and Alabama and continue to play like he has I'd take him number one overall.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 09:05 PM)Synric Wrote: If Burrow can make it through Florida, Auburn, and Alabama and continue to play like he has I'd take him number one overall.

Hell ya.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 09:05 PM)Synric Wrote: If Burrow can make it through Florida, Auburn, and Alabama and continue to play like he has I'd take him number one overall.

Alabama's defense has been woefully underwhelming this year. Not sure what happened there but giving up 31 to Ole Miss is not a typical Saban defense. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 08:09 AM)Au165 Wrote: Alabama's defense has been woefully underwhelming this year. Not sure what happened there but giving up 31 to Ole Miss is not a typical Saban defense. 

Yea Alabama isnt lighting it up on defense as usual but I think the talent is still there...If Burrow can look good in those 3 games (maybe a SEC Championship vs Georgia?!?!) he will make a strong case for #1 Overall.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 04:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Yea Alabama isnt lighting it up on defense as usual but I think the talent is still there...If Burrow can look good in those 3 games (maybe a SEC Championship vs Georgia?!?!) he will make a strong case for #1 Overall.

PFF currently has him rated #1. They have Hurts #2, Tua #3, Fromm #6, Eason #11 and Herbert #19

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
From Bengal to Bengal.

#Burrow2020
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
This will be a big week for a lot of the QB's, should be a fun weekend for college football. Feel like people are forgetting how good Tua is in this thread though. Everything Burrow is doing Tua did last year and is continuing to do this year. The biggest difference is what Tua can give you with his feet that Burrow isn't going to give you at the next level. I got Tua still ahead in terms of NFL potential but as we have discussed here, a big game for Burrow could launch him to 1.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals win 2-3 games, say goodbye to Burrow. He is a difference maker and they will probably stick with Dalton for another 5 years. At least they ought to start Finley to see what they have.

Burrow will be an All-Pro, I think Tua will be very good as well as Hurts. But I will be glued to the seat watching OU vs TX this weekend.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 09:00 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: If the Bengals win 2-3 games, say goodbye to Burrow.  He is a difference maker and they will probably stick with Dalton for another 5 years.  At least they ought to start Finley to see what they have.  

Burrow will be an All-Pro, I think Tua will be very good as well as Hurts.  But I will be glued to the seat watching OU vs TX this weekend.

Burrow went from a 57% passer to 78% this year. Somewhere in between is probably what he is but people need to relax on the hype. He hasn't played an average defense yet let alone a good one. Tua is still the hands down best prospect but the rest of the season can always change that. I need to see Burrow against something close to a good defense before I can really put stock in it though. We have seen Tua beat good defenses many times, that isn't a question.

With that said we sent Tobin to scout him, versus one of our normal scouts, so that bodes well to us being in the QB market. 
Reply/Quote
Don't you have to make certain changes to your offense in terms of blocking in order to accommodate a left-handed QB? Do we trust this coaching staff to pull that off? Especially with this dumpster fire o-line?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 12:54 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Don't you have to make certain changes to your offense in terms of blocking in order to accommodate a left-handed QB?  Do we trust this coaching staff to pull that off?  Especially with this dumpster fire o-line?

Back in the day you did but less so nowadays. It was more so because your left tackle was your blindside so he was supposed to be your best tackle but anymore people argue both tackles are pretty equal. The amount of "flipped" formations you see today are pretty prevalent so it really wouldn't be an issue.
Reply/Quote
I do not have ESPN so if some people want to report on that LSU Florida game, that would be great. I will watch the bama game and OU with regard to their respective QB.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Hurts just made an ill adviced throw leading to an interception.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I put Fromm in with Herbert, every time I watch him i’m just not impressed.

If we’re going QB it has to be Burrow or Tua IMO.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 04:46 PM)tBengal Wrote: I put Fromm in with Herbert, every time I watch him i’m just not impressed.

If we’re going QB it has to be Burrow or Tua IMO.

Fromm is described as a game manager but cannot rely on him to win, this is what the Bengals have now.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 09:41 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Fromm is described as a game manager but cannot rely on him to win, this is what the Bengals have now.  

Yep, I’d like to go away from that.

Burrow has been impressive tonight.
Reply/Quote
Burrow almost 90 % completion he is a franchise QB and the Bengals should pick him round 1 high
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote