Poll: Which QB is scarier by the statline
QB A
QB B
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
QB comparison
So one of these QBs is feared and the other is basically laughed at.

Which QB is scarier by this stat line?

QB A: 62% completion 4293 yards 33 TDs 21 INT/FUM

or

QB B: 63% completion 4283 yards 35 TDs 27 INT/FUM
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tiger

Joe Brrr .... All the way "B"
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 08:54 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Joe Brrr .... All the way "B"

B isn't joe burrow 
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 08:48 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: So one of these QBs is feared and the other is basically laughed at.

or

By that statline? A. However, it is a bit disingenuous to leave out Josh Allen's rushing. It's an additional 750 yards and seven TDs.

I have no idea who A is. The only QB to throw 33 TDs this season is Kirk Cousins, but that is not his statline. 

EDIT - Scratch that, I was looking at 2021 lol. But, in 2022, no one threw 33 TDs, so I am even more confused.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 08:59 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: By that statline? A. However, it is a bit disingenuous to leave out Josh Allen's rushing. It's an additional 750 yards and seven TDs.

I have no idea who A is. The only QB to throw 33 TDs this season is Kirk Cousins, but that is not his statline. 

EDIT - Scratch that, I was looking at 2021 lol. But, in 2022, no one threw 33 TDs, so I am even more confused.

QB A had about 200 yards rushing and 2 TDs, so not a ton. I'll give you a hint, it's from a while ago, so I didn't leave in the rushing since the game has evolved to an even more offensive focused game.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 09:01 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: QB A had about 200 yards rushing and 2 TDs, so not a ton. I'll give you a hint, it's from a while ago, so I didn't leave in the rushing since the game has evolved to an even more offensive focused game.

Ah, makes sense. It's Andy in 2013. 
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 08:48 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: So one of these QBs is feared and the other is basically laughed at.

or

Your fumble numbers are wrong for QB A. Also…183 vs 762 rush yards should be accounted for somewhere.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 09:04 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Your fumble numbers are wrong for QB A. Also…183 vs 762 rush yards should be accounted for somewhere.

That's not what NFLs page says about the fumbles, and considering how much the game has changed in 10 years I feel like giving some leeway to Dalton would be a little fair.

The point of this thread was to bring Allen a little more down to earth.
Reply/Quote
So A is Andy and B is Josh Allen.

Scarier is a weird term. Allen this season has a hugely superior supporting cast to Andy in 2013 so there are a lot of other factors.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 09:09 PM)Joelist Wrote: So A is Andy and B is Josh Allen.

Scarier is a weird term. Allen this season has a hugely superior supporting cast to Andy in 2013 so there are a lot of other factors.

I really didn't know how else to say it other than scarier. I just feel like how everyone is talking up Allen saying he's the same/better than Burrow someone needs to put some perspective on it. Dalton had damn near the same statline in 2013 as Allen did this year, which to me brings Allen a little more down to earth. It also puts perspective on how much Allen has had a turnover problem and has shades of Dalton in 2013.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 09:05 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: That's not what NFLs page says about the fumbles, and considering how much the game has changed in 10 years I feel like giving some leeway to Dalton would be a little fair.

The point of this thread was to bring Allen a little more down to earth.

I’m seeing 20 INTs and 4 fumbles for Andy in ‘13

I love me some Andy, but Josh Allen is better than him. Allen has had a down year, for sure, but you’re leaving out some important things while comparing it to one of Andy’s best statistical years.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 09:19 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I’m seeing 20 INTs and 4 fumbles for Andy in ‘13

I love me some Andy, but Josh Allen is better than him. Allen has had a down year, for sure, but you’re leaving out some important things while comparing it to one of Andy’s best statistical years.

His passer rating actually has that as one of his average years. He's had 4 years with better passer rating than in 2013 (his career average is only 1.2 rating lower than his 2013 numbers). Also this is Josh Allens SECOND best year according to his passer rating.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 09:19 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I’m seeing 20 INTs and 4 fumbles for Andy in ‘13

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14012/andy-dalton

https://www.nfl.com/players/andy-dalton/stats/career

Bothy only say 1
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 09:13 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I really didn't know how else to say it other than scarier. I just feel like how everyone is talking up Allen saying he's the same/better than Burrow someone needs to put some perspective on it. Dalton had damn near the same statline in 2013 as Allen did this year, which to me brings Allen a little more down to earth. It also puts perspective on how much Allen has had a turnover problem and has shades of Dalton in 2013.

Dalton also had an amazing Oline during those years. Ti even compare Allen to Dalton seems pointless. There's hardly any part of their game that's similar. It would be like comparing Burrow to Jackson. 
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 09:09 PM)Joelist Wrote: So A is Andy and B is Josh Allen.

Better supporting cast is arguable in my opinion. It’s actually ridiculously close. Only recency bias makes the Bills supporting cast look better.

AJ Green = Stefon Diggs
Marvin Jones = Gabe Davis
Mohammed Sanu = Isaiah McKenzie
Jermaine Gresham = Dawson Knox
BJGE < Devin Singletary
Gio Bernard > James Cook
Solid o-line for both…
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 09:25 PM)TheFan Wrote: Dalton also had an amazing Oline during those years. Ti even compare Allen to Dalton seems pointless. There's hardly any part of their game that's similar. It would be like comparing Burrow to Jackson. 

Josh Allen has only been sacked 3 more times than what Dalton did in 2013.
Reply/Quote
It's disingenuous to discuss the threat of Josh Allen without his rushing abilities. He is a very good player.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 09:24 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14012/andy-dalton

https://www.nfl.com/players/andy-dalton/stats/career

Bothy only say 1

https://www.nfl.com/players/andy-dalton/stats/

Maybe it’s a total fumbles vs fumbles lost thing…
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 09:27 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Better supporting cast is arguable in my opinion. It’s actually ridiculously close. Only recency bias makes the Bills supporting cast look better.

AJ Green = Stefon Diggs
Marvin Jones = Gabe Davis
Mohammed Sanu = Isaiah McKenzie
Jermaine Gresham = Dawson Knox
BJGE < Devin Singletary
Gio Bernard > James Cook
Solid o-line for both…

Not to mention Eifert who had over 400 yards also.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 09:34 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/players/andy-dalton/stats/

Maybe it’s a total fumbles vs fumbles lost thing…

My point still stands that Allen isn't the boogeyman everyone talks him up to be. He's not a Mahomes or a Burrow. He's VERY turnover prone and this is statistically his second best year. I'm not saying that Allen is a pushover either. For people who remember me (which I believe you would be one of the people to remember) I've always been one of the biggest Dalton supporters, so me compairing Allen to Dalton isn't as big of a diss as some people would believe.
Reply/Quote