Poll: Which QB is scarier by the statline
QB A
QB B
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
QB comparison
(01-20-2023, 09:27 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Josh Allen has only been sacked 3 more times than what Dalton did in 2013.

And how many sacks do you think Allen avoided that would have got to Dalton. 
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 10:02 PM)TheFan Wrote: And how many sacks do you think Allen avoided that would have got to Dalton. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 09:29 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: It's disingenuous to discuss the threat of Josh Allen without his rushing abilities. He is a very good player.

Same, plus I would much rather discuss the QB's playing in Sunday's game. Burrow is scarier matching up against that Defense.

Our Defense is scary matching up against Allen and him turning the ball over so much.
Reply/Quote
I think Allen-Diggs-Davis-Knox vs. Apple-CTB-Dax is one of the most problematic matchups of the game. The Bengals really need the safeties to play huge.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 08:48 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: So one of these QBs is feared and the other is basically laughed at.

Which QB is scarier by this stat line?

QB A: 62% completion 4293 yards 33 TDs 21 INT/FUM

or

QB B: 63% completion 4283 yards 35 TDs 27 INT/FUM

I think it's because Allen is much more physically gifted than Andy ever was. Andy had Burrows physical type of talent, but was was never as accurate and smart with the ball like Burrow has been.

Allen plays pretty solid, can run deceptively well and has the arm talent to take over the game sometimes. Problem is he hasn't been quite as good at it this year, but was the last few years.

Speaking to the guy above, Apple is a solid CB he just has judgement lapses that makes people hate him. He had one last week so hopefully he's good to go this week.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 11:37 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I think Allen-Diggs-Davis-Knox vs. Apple-CTB-Dax is one of the most problematic matchups of the game. The Bengals really need the safeties to play huge.

Spot on, a big concern. Besides Burrow and pass deflections on Offense, on Defense our Safeties in Bell and Bates need to play great
in this one.

Those are some great playmakers, something we haven't seen in a long time on Defense. Apple and CTB have been decent but Dax 
needs to step up especially with Flowers doubtful right now going into this game.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 11:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Spot on, a big concern. Besides Burrow and pass deflections on Offense, on Defense our Safeties in Bell and Bates need to play great
in this one.

Those are some great playmakers, something we haven't seen in a long time on Defense. Apple and CTB have been decent but Dax 
needs to step up especially with Flowers doubtful right now going into this game.

Basically Apple, CTB, and Dax allow the big chunk plays that the Safeties stop before they can score. Then the safeties are allowed less room to have to roam about in the red zone and we can defend them fully.
Reply/Quote
Dalton Gang dies hard… :lol:

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 08:48 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: So one of these QBs is feared and the other is basically laughed at.

Which QB is scarier by this stat line?

QB A: 62% completion 4293 yards 33 TDs 21 INT/FUM

or

QB B: 63% completion 4283 yards 35 TDs 27 INT/FUM

I am going to say A based on the lower INT, but you probably didn't include rushing yards, TDs for a reason. 
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 03:15 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Basically Apple, CTB, and Dax allow the big chunk plays that the Safeties stop before they can score. Then the safeties are allowed less room to have to roam about in the red zone and we can defend them fully.

That is what I am expecting, more bend but don't break Defense from our guys and when you get a shot at Allen rip at that ball, 
put your helmet on it etc.
Reply/Quote