Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
QB rankings
(07-07-2022, 01:17 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I'd like to see him have at least one more really good season before crowning him a solid top 3-5 QB but he's been pretty good the past 2 years.

I hear the John Elway comparisons all the time with him. Needs to get that team to the Super Bowl, but I'm hoping that road continually stops in Cincinnati every year, though if we are out I'm probably still a Bills bro.

I see the Bills vs Bengals AFC championship as the most likely scenario this year. The AFC west is overrated...
Reply/Quote
If he can duplicate last years performance, he will solidify himself as a top 3 QB.

Then, next offseason, they are going to have to give him 300 million guaranteed for a 7 year extension - keeping him a bengal thru his age 34 season.

Paul Brown Stadium was built for 455 mill (Using 1999 dollars).
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 01:55 PM)ATOTR Wrote: If he can duplicate last years performance, he will solidify himself as a top 3 QB.

Then, next offseason, they are going to have to give him 300 million guaranteed for a 7 year extension - keeping him a bengal thru his age 34 season.

Paul Brown Stadium was built for 455 mill (Using 1999 dollars).
I say just give Burrow a 10 year contract and get it out of the way. Make him a Bengal for life. It will be better to get a long term deal, because the price will just keep going up. Kinda like what the Chiefs did with Mahomes. Just give him what he wants. It took 30+ years to find our QB...
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 01:29 PM)Tony Wrote: I see the Bills vs Bengals AFC championship as the most likely scenario this year. The AFC west is overrated...

Huh ? Wow

The Chiefs still have Mahomes. I'm not counting them out because they lost what's his name.

The Broncos finally have a QB and a damn good one - Wilson. This is a QB driven league ya know.

The Chargers have Herbert. I think they've been hyped a bit much but they're still gonna be a force to be reckoned with.

The Raiders have Carr, ok so he'd just a good QB but let's see what he can do with Adams ?

arguably the best division in the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 01:58 PM)Tony Wrote: I say just give Burrow a 10 year contract and get it out of the way. Make him a Bengal for life. It will be better to get a long term deal, because the price will just keep going up. Kinda like what the Chiefs did with Mahomes. Just give him what he wants. It took 30+ years to find our QB...

With potentially having to do this fully guaranteed. I can’t see 10 years deals.

It would be safer to do a 6-7 year deal. Then overpay if needed years down the line. Like Green Bay
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 02:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Huh ? Wow

The Chiefs still have Mahomes. I'm not counting them out because they lost what's his name.

The Broncos finally have a QB and a damn good one - Wilson. This is a QB driven league ya know.

The Chargers have Herbert. I think they've been hyped a bit much but they're still gonna be a force to be reckoned with.

The Raiders have Carr, ok so he'd just a good QB but let's see what he can do with Adams ?

Wilson is overrated AF.. He was horrible on 3rd downs last year. He might be dead last in the AFC west QB rankings... He takes a lot of sacks and throws to many back breaking ints. Seattle fans alway bitching about the 3rd downs... I see a lot of experts having all 4 AFC west teams in the playoffs. That's ridiculous. The AFC north is most likely gonna have 2 at least..
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 01:29 PM)Tony Wrote: I see the Bills vs Bengals AFC championship as the most likely scenario this year. The AFC west is overrated...

We'll have to see what happens.

I can't stand the constant sucking off of the Chargers and Herbert. When they actually make the damn playoffs then you can worship them.

Russell Wilson wasn't great the last few seasons, but those Seahawks teams were kind of bad. I expect a career resurgence from him in Denver, but it remains to be seen. Maybe he has just lost a step.

Patrick Mahomes looked bad to start the year, but looked a lot better from what I could see outside of the 2nd half of our games. But he looked god awful in those two second halfs like he suddenly didn't know how to play football. I will be interested to see how he fairs without one of the best WR's in the game. People in here mentioned Allen booming once he got Diggs could Mahomes have an opposite fall?

Carr is the worst QB in the division on the eye test, but the guy has done a phenomenal job considering all the crap that's gone on with the Raiders his whole time there. I do believe he is a franchise caliber QB, just probably not the hall of fame type which is what he's looking at across his whole division this year (if Herbert continues to improve I do somewhat understand the obsession with him) 
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 01:17 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I'd like to see him have at least one more really good season before crowning him a solid top 3-5 QB but he's been pretty good the past 2 years.

I hear the John Elway comparisons all the time with him. Needs to get that team to the Super Bowl, but I'm hoping that road continually stops in Cincinnati every year, though if we are out I'm probably still a Bills bro.

Same, we always hear the Elway comparisons with Allen but he really hasn't shown the big arm thing in the NFL like we all
thought as TLL shown. But yeah, if my Bengals are out I will root for the Bills. Their fans have had it hard like us, losing 4 
straight SuperBowls. That is rough. Plus Allen was a Wyoming Cowboy like Logan.
Reply/Quote
The afc w has 4 qbs on the Top 10 of the OPs list.

Acf N has one. Yet we have fans saying the afc west is already over rated.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 02:16 PM)Tony Wrote: Wilson is overrated AF.. He was horrible on 3rd downs last year. He might be dead last in the AFC west QB rankings... He takes a lot of sacks and throws to many back breaking ints. Seattle fans alway bitching about the 3rd downs... I see a lot of experts having all 4 AFC west teams in the playoffs. That's ridiculous. The AFC north is most likely gonna have 2 at least..

I don't see all 4 of the AFC West teams in the Playoffs, one for sure won't make it. But I don't find the AFC West overrated either.

The Broncos have one of the best Defenses in the NFL, namely their secondary and a much better OL than what Seattle had. 

I think RW will play better this year if his weapons play somewhat decent.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 02:16 PM)Tony Wrote:  I see a lot of experts having all 4 AFC west teams in the playoffs. 

No, you don't. That is impossible. Lol. In some fantasy land, if all four teams finished 16-0, one of them would miss the playoffs. The max number of teams from one division is three.

EDIT - Nvm, I completely forgot that there is a third wildcard now. Disregard.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 03:07 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: No, you don't. That is impossible. Lol. In some fantasy land, if all four teams finished 16-0, one of them would miss the playoffs. The max number of teams from one division is three.

They play each other 2x a season, or 6 total games.  How could any more than one team in a division go 17-0?
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 03:07 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: No, you don't. That is impossible. Lol. In some fantasy land, if all four teams finished 16-0, one of them would miss the playoffs. The max number of teams from one division is three.

You are right though, I still see it as almost impossible...Unless they all spilt and won every other game on their schedule. That would be about the only way..
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 03:22 PM)ATOTR Wrote: They play each other 2x a season, or 6 total games.  How could any more than one team in a division go 17-0?

They can't, but what is why I mentioned fantasy land. I was wrong, though. I had forgot that the NFL added a third wildcard.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 03:56 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: They can't, but what is why I mentioned fantasy land. I was wrong, though. I had forgot that the NFL added a third wildcard.

If they all finish 13-4 and get in the playoffs, I might start to question some things.. They are really pushing the AFC west hard on the sport channels... 
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 02:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Huh ? Wow

Top to bottom, it's pretty comfortably the best in the NFL. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Even with that, i don't think there's any way all 4 make it. I can see 3 making it though. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 05:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Even with that, i don't think there's any way all 4 make it. I can see 3 making it though. 

AFC N had a few years where Bengals, Ravens and Steelers all made it, right?

Then, just back in 2020 - Browns, Ravens and Steelers all made it, IIRC
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 06:29 PM)ATOTR Wrote: AFC N had a few years where Bengals, Ravens and Steelers all made it, right?

Then, just back in 2020 - Browns, Ravens and Steelers all made it, IIRC

Yep, it happens. Expecting it to happen this year with the AFC West but highly doubt all 4 make it even with the extra WC.

The AFC West as Rfaulk says is the best Division in the NFL without a doubt in my mind.

The Chiefs could be the doormat in that Division and miss the Playoffs and it wouldn't even surprise me. They won't be as 
good as the team we beat twice this year. All 3 of the other teams upgraded immensely this Offseason.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 06:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is JB the best QB in the NFL? No

Is there another QB in the NFL I'd take over JB? No

This ^^^^^^

Joe is the perfect fit for the Bengals

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote