Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QBs During Marvin's & the Bengal Fan Base
So let us all take a step back in time and reflect on Marvin's remember how everyone hated on Palmer. Everyone said Carson was horrible, inaccurate and would never work out. But he won football games. However after a 4 & 12 season Carson Palmer left Cincinnati because his wife couldn't stand the heat.

Enter Kitna who became the starter. He wasn't as dynamic as Carson but he was serviceable just like many lower tier QBs that are in the NFL. Once again the fan base had the daggers out. I remember fans calling Kitna pixie hands. Nonetheless Kitna was soon replaced with Dalton. Dalton is now considered garbage by many Bengal fans.

For those of you who complain about Dalton where you the same ones calling for the removal of Carson Palmer and Jon Kitna?

I only have one thing to say and I will quote the great Sam Wyche, "You don't live in Cleveland you live in Cincinnati!" So quit acting like Brown fans. Remember the Browns had the greatest coach in modern NFL history and the fan base team him off as well as the franchise. Quit acting like Cleveland fans.

The problem with the offense is the offensive line. Fix this and many of thes offensive issues will go away such as a lack of a running game.

Peace out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 03:37 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: So let us all take a step back in time and reflect on Marvin's remember how everyone hated on Palmer.  Everyone said Carson was horrible, inaccurate and would never work out.  But he won football games.  However after a 4 & 12 season Carson Palmer left Cincinnati because his wife couldn't stand the heat.

Enter Kitna who became the starter.  He wasn't as dynamic as Carson but he was serviceable just like many lower tier QBs that are in the NFL.  Once again the fan base had the daggers out.  I remember fans calling Kitna pixie hands.  Nonetheless Kitna was soon replaced with Dalton.  Dalton is now considered garbage by many Bengal fans.

For those of you who complain about Dalton where you the same ones calling for the removal of Carson Palmer and Jon Kitna?

I only have one thing to say and I will quote the great Sam Wyche, "You don't live in Cleveland you live in Cincinnati!"  So quit acting like Brown fans.  Remember the Browns had the greatest coach in modern NFL history and the fan base team him off as well as the franchise.  Quit acting like Cleveland fans.  

The problem with the offense is the offensive line.  Fix this and many of thes offensive issues will go away such as a lack of a running game.

Peace out

Kitna was first, then Palmer and Dalton. 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 03:37 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: So let us all take a step back in time and reflect on Marvin's remember how everyone hated on Palmer.  Everyone said Carson was horrible, inaccurate and would never work out.  But he won football games.  However after a 4 & 12 season Carson Palmer left Cincinnati because his wife couldn't stand the heat.

Enter Kitna who became the starter.  He wasn't as dynamic as Carson but he was serviceable just like many lower tier QBs that are in the NFL.  Once again the fan base had the daggers out.  I remember fans calling Kitna pixie hands.  Nonetheless Kitna was soon replaced with Dalton.  Dalton is now considered garbage by many Bengal fans.

I only have one thing to say and I will quote the great Sam Wyche, "You don't live in Cleveland you live in Cincinnati!"  So quit acting like Brown fans.  Remember the Browns had the greatest coach in modern NFL history and the fan base team him off as well as the franchise.  Quit acting like Cleveland fans.  

The problem with the offense is the offensive line.  Fix this and many of thes offensive issues will go away such as a lack of a running game.

Peace out

Your time line is slightly off.  Kitna came before Palmer and Dalton was immediately after.

I'm not sure who this is aimed at but I don't really see many people acting like Cleveland fans.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 03:37 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: \However after a 4 & 12 season Carson Palmer left Cincinnati because his wife couldn't stand the heat.\

Meh, I think it's pretty clear that following the 2010 season Marvin and Carson both said they wanted changes made or they'd go work elsewhere.  They approached Mike Brown and he held firm to his right to not care about winning.  Marvin Lewis caved in and Carson didn't.  It wasn't about anyone not being able to stand the heat, Carson just didn't want to spend his entire career playing for Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis.

In 2011 and 2012 it looked like Carson made the wrong move, but here we are saying that the Bengals just aren't interested in winning and that we're going to quit on the Bengals and go root for other teams if Marvin Lewis isn't shown the door.  Anyways, no sense ragging on Palmer's wife over this, it was his decision and I can't imagine he really regrets it.

Anyways, it's almost a moot point because Boomer Esiason and other non-QB players were demanding trades from Mike Brown before Marvin was here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Peace out

I thought Palmer sat on the bench his first year while KITNA quarterbacked the team.
Reply/Quote

Peace out

the only one I didn't want out was Palmer for one reason he was actually really good.  Kitna-Dalton not good.  its actually very simple - good I like you - bad I don't.  lets not make this complicated.  I am a die hard fan but if I see a player that is not up to par I'm going to say it.  Palmer a great talent and the fact he asked to get out of town should make true Bengals fans irate because it makes me question how bad it must be behind the scenes for our star QB to want out.  To this day it pisses me off. Yea Carson had a contract he should honor but for him to ask out then it must be bad.
Reply/Quote
Palmer's 7th season - Season went to complete shit and Marvin was in the final year of his contract.

Dalton's 7th season - Season has gone to complete shit and Marvin is in the final year of his contract.

Nervous
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 04:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Palmer's 7th season - Season went to complete shit and Marvin was in the final year of his contract.

Dalton's 7th season - Season has gone to complete shit and Marvin is in the final year of his contract.

Nervous

Deja just keeps right on vuing.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 04:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Palmer's 7th season - Season went to complete shit and Marvin was in the final year of his contract.

Nervous

The parallels are amazing......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Nervous

Amazing coincidence.

Really sad how much time I have wasted watching this team. Nothing has changed since Paul passed away.
Reply/Quote
This is what will happen. Mike will gut the team, tear it all down, start over. As he looks around for who can bring us back from the dead, he realizes the guy is right in front of him--Marvin.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 04:09 PM)bengalsfansince93 Wrote: the only one I didn't want out was Palmer for one reason he was actually really good.  Kitna-Dalton not good.  its actually very simple - good I like you - bad I don't.  lets not make this complicated.  I am a die hard fan but if I see a player that is not up to par I'm going to say it.  Palmer a great talent and the fact he asked to get out of town should make true Bengals fans irate because it makes me question how bad it must be behind the scenes for our star QB to want out.  To this day it pisses me off. Yea Carson had a contract he should honor but for him to ask out then it must be bad.

And yet, Dalton broke Palmer's records. Not too shabby for a "bad" QB.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Nervous

Damn, that means we got cheated out of the whole experience of AJ referring to himself as "Uno Ocho."  That woulda been a hell of a ride.

As to Carson's wife, she was verbally accosted in public by idiotic fans of her husband's team who lacked both maturity and proper perspective on the world.  If I were the QB and that happened to my wife I think I'd be ready to tell all of you to go **** yourselves.  Can't blame him for looking out for his family's health and well being.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 05:02 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: As to Carson's wife, she was verbally accosted in public by idiotic fans of her husband's team who lacked both maturity and proper perspective on the world.  If I were the QB and that happened to my wife I think I'd be ready to tell all of you to go **** yourselves.  Can't blame him for looking out for his family's health and well being.  

Yep, the behavior of those fans was stupid and classless...the exact same adjectives that Kenny Anderson used to describe the Bengals fans who cheered him getting injured with his wife watching in the stands.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 05:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep, the behavior of those fans was stupid and classless...the exact same adjectives that Kenny Anderson used to describe the Bengals fans who cheered him getting injured with his wife watching in the stands.

Most fans are stupid and classless. Those typically are on both ends of the spectrum: either pretty casual or hardcore to the extreme.
While sometimes I do think differently, the fans on this board are most often intelligent, decent fans and are not the majority.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote