Josh Allen
Lamar Jackson
Patrick Mahomes
Dak Prescot
Trevor Lawrence
Justin Herbert
Kylar Murray
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QBs over Burrow
(10-19-2021, 10:22 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I'd take Mahomes and no one else over Burrow. Lamar Jackson aces the eye test more than Burrow, but as far as efficiency and stats go, Burrow slays him. 

Just hope we start winning as many games as Lamar has with Burrow. Seems like it is starting this year, hopefully it continues with a
win for Burrow and a loss for Lamar come Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 10:49 AM)Crow-Magnon Wrote: Baltimore Ravens fan here (first post).

I can understand Bengals fans love for Burrow. I think he has the tools and skills to become one of the best QB’s in the NFL. Top Ten at least.

But I have to say that while I may be a bit biased towards Lamar Jackson, I really can’t get what he has to do to quell the constant criticism of his play. 35-8 as a starter really tells you all you need to know. A 5-1 start in 2021 with 16 (now 17) on IR does as well. The man’s a winner.

But this Sunday will be a good, early test for both quarterbacks who will likely compete against each other for years to come. Roethlisberger’s time has come and gone. Mayfield is going to be an average to below-average quarterback who sometimes shines, but Burrow and Jackson are going to be the face of the AFCN for (barring injury), a long time. It’s going to be interesting.

Nice post. Yes, Lamar has a great winning record in the regular season and I agree we should be seeing quite the duels between
him and Burrow for the next decade or so. Should be fun. The Ravens are the one team in the Division I respect and don't dislike 
with a passion. Nice to have the best QB's and being the face of the AFCN and not having Pig Face in the picture.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 09:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice post. Yes, Lamar has a great winning record in the regular season and I agree we should be seeing quite the duels between
him and Burrow for the next decade or so. Should be fun. The Ravens are the one team in the Division I respect and don't dislike 
with a passion. Nice to have the best QB's and being the face of the AFCN and not having Pig Face in the picture.

Mellow

**** the Ravens...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 09:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sos doesn't matter as much as what defenses each of them faced.

Average rank of pass defenses Burrow has faced: 14.8
Average rank of pass defenses Herbert has faced: 22.0

Yet Burrow has posted better numbers.

To be fair, I personally think the better stat to judge a pass defense is passer rating allowed, and by that metric, Herbert has faced tougher defenses, but only by a very slight margin (20.7 avg rank for Burrow, 17.7 avg rank for Herbert).

I was specifically avoiding pass defense rankings because this early in the season one or two big games can skew the rankings greatly.

It's too early to tell if it is bad defenses or good passing offenses that cause the rankings. Meanwhile the Bengals and the Chargers are both 4-2, so it wouldn't skew the SoS comparisons since they both account for the same number of wins and losses to their opponents.

Theoretically... 5 games at 200 yards allowed (would be 3rd best) and then 1 game at 400 yards allowed (obviously 32nd) would average out to be 233 (13th). I would say that is a great passing defense that just had one terrible week, but the 13th rank would make it look like barely above average. I'm not saying that's what happened with the Bengals and Chargers so far, but just why I don't like looking at the ranks right now to compare two teams. 

Chargers are the 7th ranked passing offense. Last year they were 6th. They're 12.2 yards per game better in 2021 than they were in 2020.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 09:59 PM)jason Wrote: **** the Ravens...

Well yeah, just saying I don't hate them as much as the Stool and the Stains. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 10:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well yeah, just saying I don't hate them as much as the Stool and the Stains. Mellow

I might not either. If only because I don't personally know any of their fans. Their fans on this board are cool (excluding the guy who's name rhymes with B.A. Hoe), but the Ravens are up next... And **** em.

Full disclosure I rooted for them the last time they were in the Super Bowl.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 10:11 PM)jason Wrote: I might not either. If only because I don't personally know any of their fans. Their fans on this board are cool (excluding the guy who's name rhymes with B.A. Hoe), but the Ravens are up next... And **** em.

Full disclosure I rooted for them the last time they were in the Super Bowl.

Completely agree, at least Ravens fans are respectful to a point, same with the players for the most part.

But yeah, lets beat them down Sunday so we can get a look at a sweep.

Doubt it happens but our team is different from the last few times we played especially our Defense.
Reply/Quote
Only one of the poll options is currently graded higher than Burrow (through 6 weeks).

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 10:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I was specifically avoiding pass defense rankings because this early in the season one or two big games can skew the rankings greatly.

It's too early to tell if it is bad defenses or good passing offenses that cause the rankings. Meanwhile the Bengals and the Chargers are both 4-2, so it wouldn't skew the SoS comparisons since they both account for the same number of wins and losses to their opponents.

Theoretically... 5 games at 200 yards allowed (would be 3rd best) and then 1 game at 400 yards allowed (obviously 32nd) would average out to be 233 (13th). I would say that is a great passing defense that just had one terrible week, but the 13th rank would make it look like barely above average. I'm not saying that's what happened with the Bengals and Chargers so far, but just why I don't like looking at the ranks right now to compare two teams. 

Chargers are the 7th ranked passing offense. Last year they were 6th. They're 12.2 yards per game better in 2021 than they were in 2020.

I feel ya, but I think 6 games is a decent sample size, and most of these defenses can't really blame one monster game for their pass ranking. Plus it evens out. Some teams could also give up 300 yards for 4 straight weeks, then have 2 "fluky" games where they only allow 150, and that bumps them up the ranking.

But yeah...this is another reason why I prefer "passer rating allowed" to judge pass defenses. It's going to factor everything, including INTs, comp %, etc. Plus it's a little less likely that an elite pass defense is going to have a terrible rank just because they allowed one big game.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 10:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Only one of the poll options is currently graded higher than Burrow (through 6 weeks).

Primarily because of PFF, yeah. Looks like Burrow is 11th according to EPA, which is fair IMO.
Reply/Quote