Josh Allen
Lamar Jackson
Patrick Mahomes
Dak Prescot
Trevor Lawrence
Justin Herbert
Kylar Murray
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QBs over Burrow
(10-18-2021, 10:51 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Would like to just stick with JB in Bengals stripes personally.

Yet would rank Mahomes, Murray, and Lamar over him presently

This was my list as well.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:54 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Want to throw this out there but not sure where to post so will just put it here.

That slide Burrow did was the ugliest slide ever by a QB, but I sure am happy to see him starting to think about sliding though.

Don't need the franchise taking all those unnecessary hits.

You mean the “slide” where he basically dropped both his knees to the turf? If there were any doubts about that knee reconstruction they were answered there. Couldn’t have gone down any worse but popped right back up thankfully.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 10:28 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: You mean the “slide” where he basically dropped both his knees to the turf? If there were any doubts about that knee reconstruction they were answered there. Couldn’t have gone down any worse but popped right back up thankfully.

There was a QB a few years back who could not slide (can't remember who it was off the top of my head) and worked with a MLB base running coach and got pretty good at it. Maybe it's time for Burrow to head over to GAB for a couple of sessions.
Reply/Quote
****'s sake.
Reply/Quote
Mahomes and Dak.

I want to say Lamar but without that OC I'm not sure he would be used right.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Havent seen burrows ceiling yet cant answer. His floor is the Bears game.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 12:13 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Havent seen burrows ceiling yet cant answer. His floor is the Bears game.

I think you can find his floor in that Baltimore game last season if you are looking for it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
It would be hard to take any QB for Joe because I think we've still only seen the tip of the iceberg to where he can go.

Like others the only one I would take over Joe right now would be Mahomes. Lets revisit this thread towards the end of the season.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:54 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Want to throw this out there but not sure where to post so will just put it here.

That slide Burrow did was the ugliest slide ever by a QB, but I sure am happy to see him starting to think about sliding though.

I think the brace is messing with his slide. Against the Packers he messed up his brace sliding. I think he needs to do slides in practice to get it figured out.

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Mahomes is the only one for me. Considered Dak as well but he (like burrow) will be great and then have head scratching turnovers from time to time too.

You could make a case for all of them but Mahomes is the only one I’d want long term over burrow with age, system, skill set, etc all considered. Doesn’t matter though, those teams aren’t giving up their QB’s and we aren’t letting Joe go.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 01:54 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I like Burrow, but if we're completely ignoring money.... Mahomes and Murray definitely, Herbert probably, and Allen maybe. It's hard to ignore elite arm strength. Burrow has been much better throwing it deep this year, but he's still underthrowing on quite a few where Chase has to slow down for them. Better mechanics can only add so much.

(Also from a pure talent standpoint, Watson wasn't a bad trade idea. Just didn't know about all the off the field troubles at the time. Bullet dodged. Lol)

Brady
Montana
Peyton

Probably the best 3 QBs of all-time, and none of them were known for their arm. Also, Burrow is hitting deep throws just as well as Herbert, and Burrow is killing Herbert on mid-range throws.

Herbert is only better on short throws this year, and he's throwing a ton of them. Yet his comp % is 5 points lower than Burrow's. That's pretty telling, IMO.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Allen Murray and Mahomes..
Reply/Quote
Mahomes, Allen and Jackson. I am a fan of Lamar and he gets little respect. He is a five tool quarterback.
Reply/Quote
I voted for only Mahomes. I also wouldn’t be upset with having Allen, Prescott, or Herbert, but I think Mahomes is clearly the best of the bunch. Dak probably being the most underrated for now. Allen and Herbert are going to be REALLY good for a long time. Other than these 4, Burrow is the best young QB in the game, and he may be better than some of them by the end of the season.

I typically don’t like the “athlete” at QB because I think they’ve proven to be much less successful in the playoffs and easier for good defenses to shut down, but Jackson is proving to be a pretty badass passer as well, so I thought about him for a bit.

Murray is solid. There’s literally nothing I dislike about him, but I didn’t even think about voting for him for whatever reason. Maybe my lack of exposure to him? He’s probably really underrated too..

Burrow is much better than Lawrence at this point. Maybe ask again with him next year.

Really, I wouldn’t be surprised to see any of these guys win the MVP this year (except for Lawrence) or in coming years, so can you really go wrong with any of them?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:54 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Want to throw this out there but not sure where to post so will just put it here.

Exactly. I can see the press conference after the game now if he continues to put himself at risk:

Press- Joe, you took a lot of tough hits out there today. What are your plans to decrease the punishment you receive on the field?

Joe - Me throw football.

I picked Murray btw.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 07:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Brady
Montana
Peyton

Probably the best 3 QBs of all-time, and none of them were known for their arm. Also, Burrow is hitting deep throws just as well as Herbert, and Burrow is killing Herbert on mid-range throws.

Herbert is only better on short throws this year, and he's throwing a ton of them. Yet his comp % is 5 points lower than Burrow's. That's pretty telling, IMO.

The Chargers have played the 6th hardest SoS so far this year.
The Bengals have played the 26th hardest SoS so far this year. 

That's even more telling. Does anyone doubt that numbers would be better than they currently are if a QB got to play the Lions and Jags instead of the Ravens and Cowboys?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 10:28 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: You mean the “slide” where he basically dropped both his knees to the turf? If there were any doubts about that knee reconstruction they were answered there. Couldn’t have gone down any worse but popped right back up thankfully.

Yep that was the one, he needs to get some coaching from the Reds on how to slide.

But at least he did not take the hit and hopefully gets better quickly. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
We could have had any of the guys on that list other than Murray and Lawrence at QB if we wanted to, and I'd wager we'd be pleased as punch with any of them.

The right answer is the guy in stripes, so in this universe that is Burrow.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't take any of them. They pretty much all play for an inventive, creative OC and then would have to run Cincinnati's limited playbook. Burrow is still adjusting to the predictability. Moving a player in the NFL to another team rarely duplicates the same numbers. Burrow is doing fine and still improving.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 08:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Chargers have played the 6th hardest SoS so far this year.
The Bengals have played the 26th hardest SoS so far this year. 

That's even more telling. Does anyone doubt that numbers would be better than they currently are if a QB got to play the Lions and Jags instead of the Ravens and Cowboys?

Chargers have played 4 of the worst 8 teams this year in passing yards allowed. Bengals played 1.
Reply/Quote