Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIO in space !!
We are the only team in the NFL that can't figure out how to use a potentially huge weapon that's right in front of us.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why on earth they don't use him for quick passes and MASSIVE CHUNKS OF YARDS.

Boggles my mind every single game even when we are winning.

Now that AD is out, we need to use this high percentage play a crap-ton.
Reply/Quote
I really do think I can feel Gio's anger (which he neve rshows outside the field) - of him being on the bench while Hill runs for 1.5 yards per carry. Not saying Gio should carry on those downs, but you have to be kidding me that dinkers in space to GIo instead of a Hill run is going to be worse off. 

Does he really feel he needs to rest half the game (and agree with Hue)?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Damn, I thought he was in the new Star Wars.

VERY misleading title...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jeremy should be in when we are in red zone.. every time.... GIO.. should be returning... returns etc.. more... just my opinion..
Reply/Quote
In the few kicks Gio has returned, he has not done well. It's probably different when everyone else is coming full speed at you, you have to be a little crazy (i.e. adam jones) to succeed.

Gio excels when there are fewer people at maximum speed and he has open space, he has big gain chances every time he touches the ball.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 08:03 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Damn, I thought he was in the new Star Wars.

VERY misleading title...

Lol  Tongue
Reply/Quote
""Gio excels when there are fewer people at maximum speed and he has open space, he has big gain chances every time he touches the ball""

This! How the coaches don't notice is beyond me. 
Reply/Quote
I think they were saving Gio for the playoffs, I hope. I can imagine they play so well and have been "winning", they wouldn't change the formula, when it's obvious 80% snaps to Gio would be better than the even split. Hit the super bowl Gio better get all quarters until you're 1st and goal on the 1.

With Dalton out, you need to go to Gio.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 08:01 PM)Whacked Wrote: We are the only team in the NFL that can't figure out how to use a potentially huge weapon that's right in front of us.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why on earth they don't use him for quick passes and MASSIVE CHUNKS OF YARDS.

With Green, Eifert, M Jones and Sanu as receivers the number of touches by Gio is going to be limited. If he wants more touches, then I suggest he start making McCarron his new best friend.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 08:49 PM)BengalChris Wrote: If he wants more touches, then I suggest he start making McCarron his new best friend.

Or Hue. Because it seems Hue has a love affair for Jeremy Hill. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 08:01 PM)Whacked Wrote: We are the only team in the NFL that can't figure out how to use a potentially huge weapon that's right in front of us.

Has nothing to do with Andy being out, but I haven't understood why there aren't more screens, reverses, and check downs to players like GIo, Hill, and even Burkhead for some time. 

They applaud fat for his check downs, just like Brady who has made a living on them for some time.  

This needs to be a staple of the offense to slow the pass rush.  
Reply/Quote
Gio in checkdown is firstdown city. I don't think the fans are going to boo if Gio marches down the field like that.
Reply/Quote
Couldn't agree more! I think you see the RBs and especially Gio playing a bigger role now that Andys out.....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote