Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History Is What It Is
For those that bad mouthed franchise history, saying that it didn't matter about the past, that this was a new team, new era, yadda, yadda, yadda!

Pittsburgh did what everyone knew they would. Intimidate the Bengals and hurt them.

I will say it once again for the last time, until they can start winning big games and games on the big stage, history will remain in place and repeat itself, over and over!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 11:52 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: For those that bad mouthed franchise history, saying that it didn't matter about the past, that this was a new team, new era, yadda, yadda, yadda!

Pittsburgh did what everyone knew they would. Intimidate the Bengals and hurt them.

I will say it once again for the last time, until they can start winning big games and games on the big stage, history will remain in place and repeat itself, over and over!
I have a hard time believing it will be the last time for you. :snark:
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Our starting QB got hurt in the first series. That's why we lost.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 12:05 AM)J24 Wrote: Our starting QB got hurt in the first series. That's why we lost.

That and Jones being out.  Our secondary minus him against that offense was a disaster.
Reply/Quote
and Eifert..
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 11:52 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: For those that bad mouthed franchise history, saying that it didn't matter about the past, that this was a new team, new era, yadda, yadda, yadda!

Stop.  We lost because Dalton got hurt early in the game.  And that's the only reason.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

I didn't see a single player intimidated. I saw a defense hold the hottest QB in in the league to without a touchdown. I saw a team without it's starting quarterback and league leading touchdown receptionist fight back against the Steelers defense. I saw a team down 6 starters fight back and hold their own against a very hot Steelers offense.

No one was intimidated. Injuries is what held the game close. There's zero reason to believe that had Dalton been healthy that they couldn't win this game.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 12:05 AM)J24 Wrote: Our starting QB got hurt in the first series. That's why we lost.

Yep.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 12:33 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I didn't see a single player intimidated. I saw a defense hold the hottest QB in in the league to without a touchdown. I saw a team without it's starting quarterback and league leading touchdown receptionist fight back against the Steelers defense. I saw a team down 6 starters fight back and hold their own against a very hot Steelers offense.

No one was intimidated. Injuries is what held the game close. There's zero reason to believe that had Dalton been healthy that they couldn't win this game.

Great response.
Reply/Quote
I didn't get to watch the game, but I saw the highlight of the AJ to AJ touchdown, and that gives me hope. McCarron came off the bench for his first significant NFL playing time and showed promise.
Reply/Quote

I knew we werent superbowl bound when we were struggling against a subpar Seattle team.
I knew it was going to be downhill from there.

Then we lost to the texans. That confirmed it. 

Then we lose dalton. And lose against pitt. Nothing is worse than losing to pitt. I am not happy, not only in the sports world. This effects my overall happiness. I dont like losing to pitt. I dont like losing dalton
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 01:06 AM)Gohards Wrote: I knew we werent superbowl bound when we were struggling against a subpar Seattle team.
I knew it was going to be downhill from there.

Then we lost to the texans. That confirmed it. 

Then we lose dalton. And lose against pitt. Nothing is worse than losing to pitt. I am not happy, not only in the sports world. This effects my overall happiness. I dont like losing to pitt. I dont like losing dalton

Wow. Well we won against that Seattle team. A Super Bowl team the past 2 seasons. And are currently doing VERY well and even beat the Steelers.

Yes, we lost to the Texans. The Broncos lost to the subpar Colts. The Cardinals lost to the subpar Rams and Ben-less Steelers. The Pats lost to the subpar Eagles.
So that means no one in the AFC should go to the Super Bowl since they all lost to subpar teams, right?

Super Bowl teams have had mess ups. The Patriots lost to the subpar Dolphins last season and won the Super Bowl. They lost to 2 teams that didn't make the playoffs (and early in the season as well).
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Good Lord, seriously? The Bengals shut down Pittsburgh a few weeks ago and won IN PITTSBURGH.

Please explain how the Bengals looked intimidated. I didn't see that at all. In fact, it was quite the opposite.
Reply/Quote
Losing our quarterback after a very fine opening drive was the story of this game, not intimidation.

The interception was just a bad play, but Andy's injury is not something we can blame on the Steelers. We should have just eaten that play instead of throwing it at all. But after the pick happened, Andy just had a football player's reaction, and it cost us. I don't blame Andy for hitting the guy, I don't think he considered anything else. It was just damned unfortunate.

The play that I thought was the dirty, cheap shot was the one on Eifert. That pond scum Mitchell went way out of his way to go helmet to helmet on a guy who was virtually on the ground. It was absolutely intentional, and that prick does that kind of thing all the time. It didn't intimidate Eifert, he came right back soon on the same drive with a nice catch and determined run. But the concussion protocol caught up with him, which is just what Mitchell was shooting for, and he should have been ejected from the game on the spot.

I can accept some of the helmet to helmet hits as unintentional when everybody is up in the air with bodies flying. But Mitchell had to go way low to accomplish his mission. But I'd say going low comes naturally to Mitchell. I hope they fine the hell out of him. He is everything that's wrong with the NFL.
Reply/Quote
I hope we get another crack at Pittsburgh in about 5 weeks. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote