Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qb situation, sorry dalton die hards
We have fans that love dalton so much,they will never say we should move on and they will point to other holes every year. Fans really need to listen to joe goodberry and james rapien on twitter. Two of the smartest football guys ive listened too. They want to see the bengals win.

Think of it this way it starts from the top down, owner ,coaching, qb, then the rest of the team. Qb is so important to a football team it has its own catagory. Pay attention to the playoffs every year and you will see most the top qbs in the playoffs. Look at the top teams and look at them from top down and you will see for yourself. Now are we ever going to get better ownership? No weve seen the best ownership will do. Next will we ever get better coaching? Well everyone knows marvin can lose the rest and given a contract extension. So no coaching most likely is not getting better anytime soon. Is dalton that talented and good of a qb? The answer to me and half the fanbase is no atleast not consistently enough and what he needs to succeed is unsustainable here. So that is why i am very happy driskal is getting a chance.

Do i think Driskel is the franchise Qb im not saying he will be , but what i want is him to win and show that Dalton is replacable. That gets Daltons lovers bent out of shape,they will go to war over Dalton. But i really hope this happens, i even think fans of Dalton would not be happy if we won playoff games with driskel or Aj mccarron if it did happen,because they Fanboy/girl that hard over Dalton. Not me im a bengals team fan first. I loved Carson but i had to suck it up when people bashed him.and he didnt want to come back.

Lets look at Driskal, he started off at Florida in the Sec, he did really good his first year,and i seen florida fans saying he was their new tebow for a short time,till he broke his leg. The guy does have potential. He provides a running threat,and can extend a play with his legs. That should be a good thing for this offense. What i did read is he used to panic when his first read wasnt open in college, i havnt seen that really but thats what they said. I would love him to be a hidden gem and payback the 49ers at the same time for the 80s because they drafted the kid,with gabbert and kaepernick on the roster.

But.. i would not bank on him winning playoff games this year, but i think he can win games. If he can show he can play, id explore Dalton for trade bait. This frees up 16 million more for free agency. Id draft a Qb also i wouldnt settle, people say the draft isnt good,they say that every year even last year they said there was no andrew lucks. I dont buy that,theres gems every year and youve got to try. There will be a few ,and one of my favorites i suggest looking up is the Stache from Washington State Gardner Minshew, he looks like a old school player, he can sling it,pretty spiral ,good pocket passer,looks like he has a fun personality i look for that too , next i suggest Dwayne Haskins , hes from ohio ,big guy hard to bring down ,beautiful spiral big arm, good mechanics,they say he is raw but i dont care get him here even if he has to sit. Theres also Herbert but wed probably have to trade up for him. Will grier looks ok to me but me personally he dont look like he has personality,or like hed be a star. There will be a couple other guys too i heard about a big qb last name jones too. Now the process starts Sunday. I need Driskal to win us some games.
Reply/Quote
Driskel has a lot of talent. Pretty sure he was the top high school prospect a ways back. The physical attributes are there. Not having experience is the big question mark.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 09:42 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Driskel has a lot of talent.  Pretty sure he was the top high school prospect a ways back.  The physical attributes are there.  Not having experience is the big question mark.

It is. On any other team, he's at least intriguing....but this team is seriously considering Hue Jackson as its next HC....and people are worried about QBs..  LMFAO.

Also, he had a lot of turnovers at Florida. In fact, he broke his leg on a pick six. I think that was the knock on him coming out....and a big reason he lost his gig at Florida. I remember him playing there.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I would very much like tosee Dalton behind a better coaching staff. By all means free him.

AJ Green as well

Edit:
FWIW Dalton was the season MVP through the Steelers game. After that it all fell apart, again. That pick changed everything.

Reply/Quote
Meh I’ve been a Dalton backer and I’m ready. But make no mistake, a single qb change will not make this team a contender. We need to move on from the coaching staff and many players. This team is a mess and it is nowhere near a single qb change away from being relevant.

Reply/Quote
Holy wall of text Batman. James Rapien is a boob. He doesn't actually know football but rather reads a lot of what other people write and then repeats it as if he came up with the thoughts. That is what he does with the draft. He doesn't actually watch the guys, simply reads the reports and spits it back out as if he is some sort of guru. Plus his player nicknames are childish, and mainly not funny. If you haven't picked up on it I don't like the guy haha.

I've said in multiple threads that we can move on from Dalton but Driskell isn't the answer. He will have a decent game this week i'd guess, most likely aided by a scheme built around bootlegs and sprint outs to change his launch point and let him use his legs. Then next week and beyond teams will adapt after a full game and people will see why he is a back up.

The myth of needing a bridge QB has been proven false time and time again. Driskell can stick around as a backup after drafting a QB if that's the route we'd like to go. Minshew is a day 2/3 prospect. The issue is the Air Raid has just not produced quality NFL QB's. That has changed a bit recently, but I'm not betting Menshew is one of those guys. Haskins may go back to school, I think he should, but if he comes out he is a late 1 maybe an early 2. He has nice placement of the ball, but he can struggle sometimes handling pressure, he just doesn't seem comfortable as the pocket collapses. I'm a hard pass on Herbert, I think he is the next great bust. Grier I haven't seen enough to make a call either way on.

Now all of this is moot because the Bengals won't move on from Dalton. Honestly, Dalton isn't even the biggest issue on the team, but fans I think are just bored and want something new. If they bring in a new head coach they will make him keep Dalton at least through this contract because the Bengals are a family organization that values relationships over winning. It's not a bad thing, just not the cut throat approach most people want.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:15 AM)Au165 Wrote: Holy wall of text Batman. James Rapien is a boob. He doesn't actually know football but rather reads a lot of what other people write and then repeats it as if he came up with the thoughts. That is what he does with the draft. He doesn't actually watch the guys, simply reads the reports and spits it back out as if he is some sort of guru. If you haven't picked up on it, I don't like the guy haha.

.....but...they're on Twitter. Rolleyes

Goodberry is a goober too. These cats look like they might have taken an online coaching course, read WalterFootball,  played some Madden, now fancies themselves experts...lol.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:11 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I would very much like tosee Dalton behind a better coaching staff. By all means free him.

AJ Green as well

Edit:
FWIW Dalton was the season MVP through the Steelers game. After that it all fell apart, again. That pick changed everything.

(11-27-2018, 10:14 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Meh I’ve been a Dalton backer and I’m ready. But make no mistake, a single qb change will not make this team a contender.  We need to move on from the coaching staff and many players. This team is a mess and it is nowhere near a single qb change away from being relevant.

Agreed gentlemen....wholeheartedly....and by all means, free AJ Green.

Reply/Quote
The Cincinnati defense allows 31.54 points per game and people think changing quarterbacks is the answer?
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:24 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Cincinnati defense allows 31.54 points per game and people think changing quarterbacks is the answer?

Yea, it is boredom. It's easier in many people's minds to replace the most recognizable position than a whole defense. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:31 AM)Au165 Wrote: Yea, it is boredom. It's easier in many people's minds to replace the most recognizable position than a whole defense. 

.....and some people don't have a very good grasp of the game. Maybe not so much here, but the team's social media pages are an absolute riot...

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:24 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Cincinnati defense allows 31.54 points per game and people think changing quarterbacks is the answer?

Didn't you know? Dalton disguises his voice as Merv and has a super secret headset that he uses to confuse and sabotage the defense. He's a super agent double naught spy....all of those 4th qtr comebacks were just to throw people off of his trail. 

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:15 AM)Au165 Wrote: Holy wall of text Batman. James Rapien is a boob. He doesn't actually know football but rather reads a lot of what other people write and then repeats it as if he came up with the thoughts. That is what he does with the draft. He doesn't actually watch the guys, simply reads the reports and spits it back out as if he is some sort of guru. Plus his player nicknames are childish, and mainly not funny. If you haven't picked up on it I don't like the guy haha.

I've said in multiple threads that we can move on from Dalton but Driskell isn't the answer. He will have a decent game this week i'd guess, most likely aided by a scheme built around bootlegs and sprint outs to change his launch point and let him use his legs. Then next week and beyond teams will adapt after a full game and people will see why he is a back up.

The myth of needing a bridge QB has been proven false time and time again. Driskell can stick around as a backup after drafting a QB if that's the route we'd like to go. Minshew is a day 2/3 prospect. The issue is the Air Raid has just not produced quality NFL QB's. That has changed a bit recently, but I'm not betting Menshew is one of those guys. Haskins may go back to school, I think he should, but if he comes out he is a late 1 maybe an early 2. He has nice placement of the ball, but he can struggle sometimes handling pressure, he just doesn't seem comfortable as the pocket collapses. I'm a hard pass on Herbert, I think he is the next great bust. Grier I haven't seen enough to make a call either way on.

Now all of this is moot because the Bengals won't move on from Dalton. Honestly, Dalton isn't even the biggest issue on the team, but fans I think are just bored and want something new. If they bring in a new head coach they will make him keep Dalton at least through this contract because the Bengals are a family organization that values relationships over winning. It's not a bad thing, just not the cut throat approach most people want.

If you guys think goodberry is dumb and rapien then i dont value your opinions at all. Goodverry has been following sports and the bengals for years, knows formations,and watches the all 22 and they get paid to talk bengals. Why would i value your guys opinion over theirs especially when i definitely agree with them on mostly everything. And you just de valued all the qbs i mebtioned lol what a joke you are and did you know dalton was a 2nd rounder out of tcu,you act like he was a 1st rounder peyton manning. Who else have you de valued over the years? Mayfield,wentz, mahomes,and everybody else most likely. You guys are dalton lovers. You think hes the best thing since slice bread. What is it his nice guy christian image you love the most?
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:36 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....and some people don't have a very good grasp of the game. Maybe not so much here, but the team's social media pages are an absolute riot...

Your brains are so narrow minded you dont grasp anything i said in my post lol blinded by the dalton love
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:39 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: If you guys think goodberry is dumb and rapien then i dont value your opinions at all. Goodverry has been following sports and the bengals for years, knows formations,and watches the all 22 and they get paid to talk bengals. Why would i value your guys opinion over theirs especially when i definitely agree with them on mostly everything. And you just de valued all the qbs i mebtioned lol what a joke you are and did you know dalton was a 2nd rounder out of tcu,you act like he was a 1st rounder peyton manning. Who else have you de valued over the years? Mayfield,wentz, mahomes,and everybody else most likely. You guys are dalton lovers. You think hes the best thing since slice bread. What is it his nice guy christian image you love the most?

Are you an atheist or something? What does his religion have to do with anything? 

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:15 AM)Au165 Wrote: He doesn't actually know football but rather reads a lot of what other people write and then repeats it as if he came up with the thoughts.

Sounds a lot like this place..... Rock On
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:39 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: If you guys think goodberry is dumb and rapien then i dont value your opinions at all. Goodverry has been following sports and the bengals for years, knows formations,and watches the all 22 and they get paid to talk bengals. Why would i value your guys opinion over theirs especially when i definitely agree with them on mostly everything. And you just de valued all the qbs i mebtioned lol what a joke you are and did you know dalton was a 2nd rounder out of tcu,you act like he was a 1st rounder peyton manning. Who else have you de valued over the years? Mayfield,wentz, mahomes,and everybody else most likely. You guys are dalton lovers. You think hes the best thing since slice bread. What is it his nice guy christian image you love the most?

I didn't mention Goodberry, honestly I don't read enough from him to know either way. James Rapein however is a nobody who thinks he knows more about the game than he does. I don't care if you value my opinion or not, but I can diagram a play and go through defensive responsibilities, route concepts, reads and such....James can't. The fact you value their opinion because you agree with it is just confirmation bias, you want to like people who agree with you over those who don't.

As for Dalton, I literally just said we can move on from him I don't care either way. He isn't the reason the team isn't winning right now, but I also don't think the window matches up with him when we do get the other things together. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:41 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Your brains are so narrow minded you dont grasp anything i said in my post lol blinded by the dalton love

LMAO. Yeah....that's it homey....it's "love". Ppppffffttttt!!!!

Nah Skippy, it's just that I've been around. Since the Paul Brown days. I've seen all of this shit before. Fans booed Kenny, they booed Boomer, they booed Palmer (and acosted his wife and trashed his lawn), they boo Dalton. I've been around organized football since I was 8....34 years.

They were ill informed then, they're ill informed now.

As for thinking any QB or any other player for that matter, is going to change Mike Brown's 30 year old circus?  Well....to be nice.....that's the NARROWEST of minds.

Personally, I don't see anyone I really like in this draft. Maybe the kid out of Duke. There are some lookers over the next couple of seasons though, that is for sure.

Reply/Quote
When a team is losing, the backup QB is always the most popular guy.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:41 AM)Wyche Wrote: Are you an atheist or something? What does his religion have to do with anything? 

No im christian,but it must be the great guy image he has, thats the only thing that explains it. Just like i said in my post,dalton fans deflect all blame from him and say hes no problem,and you just dont know football if you put any blame on him. You probably would be miserable if driskal won a superbowl this year. Lol ive heard fans say if mccaron won a superbowl the job goes back to dalton the next year,its unreal. I cant wait for the love affair to end for yall. 
Reply/Quote