Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qb situation, sorry dalton die hards
Well.....I don't know what happened, but I'll post this anyway.  You said Goodberry talks with the team and knows all there is to know.

Well.....he said that Driskel only appeared in two games.....NO and CLE.  Guess what, that's wrong.  He's appeared in THREE.  NO, CLE, and KC.  See what I mean about infallible?  ThumbsUp

https://theathletic.com/678958/2018/11/27/bengals-film-review-what-do-they-have-in-jeff-driskel/

I like a lot of this dude's writing.....don't get me wrong, but mistakes are made by humans, and opinions are just that....opinions.

I also noticed he left Locked on Bengals and Bengals Wire this season.  Bengals Wire is where I read most of his stuff.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Let me get this off my chest because I've been holding it in since Sunday afternoon. If you don't like Andy Dalton, fine. If you think Jeff Driskel can produce wins for the Bengals, we will soon see if you are right. However, if you're happy Andy Dalton was injured, that's not good. That's not good for several reasons. First, I don't like injuries to happen to any player. Second, if Jeff Driskel turns out to be the second coming of Tom Brady, an injury to Andy Dalton lowers his trade value.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:24 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Cincinnati defense allows 31.54 points per game and people think changing quarterbacks is the answer?

So...you don't think that a QB who can complete some passes and extend drives will keep the defense off the field, resulting in them possibly scoring less? As well, a QB who can complete some passes will help the offense to score more. 

These positions and problems are not mutually exclusive. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:39 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: If you guys think goodberry is dumb and rapien then i dont value your opinions at all. Goodverry has been following sports and the bengals for years, knows formations,and watches the all 22 and they get paid to talk bengals. Why would i value your guys opinion over theirs especially when i definitely agree with them on mostly everything. And you just de valued all the qbs i mebtioned lol what a joke you are and did you know dalton was a 2nd rounder out of tcu,you act like he was a 1st rounder peyton manning. Who else have you de valued over the years? Mayfield,wentz, mahomes,and everybody else most likely. You guys are dalton lovers. You think hes the best thing since slice bread. What is it his nice guy christian image you love the most?

I don't know much of anything about Goodberry but i do know that James Rapien is an unmitigated goober of the first degree. Sounds like a nice enough guy on the radio but i value his opinion about as much as i value the brown that i flushed down last. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 09:02 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Let me get this off my chest because I've been holding it in since Sunday afternoon.  If you don't like Andy Dalton, fine.  If you think Jeff Driskel can produce wins for the Bengals, we will soon see if you are right.  However, if you're happy Andy Dalton was injured, that's not good.  That's not good for several reasons.  First, I don't like injuries to happen to any player.  Second, if Jeff Driskel turns out to be the second coming of Tom Brady, an injury to Andy Dalton lowers his trade value.

I don't think anyone wanted Dalton injured because they didn't like him or for any reason, except maybe the Squeelers.

I like Andy Dalton. I'm don't think he's going to ever be the answer for the Bengals, but that doesn't mean I hate him or wish him harm.

His trade value will decline as he nears the end of his contract.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 11:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So...you don't think that a QB who can complete some passes and extend drives will keep the defense off the field, resulting in them possibly scoring less? As well, a QB who can complete some passes will help the offense to score more. 

I believe the coaching staff doesn't know how to keep our guys consistently open beyond the initial plan after the other team makes adjustments - heard a lot of announcers state that "nobody was open" over the past few years. Couple that with bad Oline  play (which of coarse could also be a reason our guys can't get open - i mean we know they can't run the ball) - and you have a problem.

A competent coaching staff would have won at least a PO game with these guys if not a SB by now. 

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 11:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So...you don't think that a QB who can complete some passes and extend drives will keep the defense off the field, resulting in them possibly scoring less? As well, a QB who can complete some passes will help the offense to score more. 

(11-28-2018, 08:08 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I believe the coaching staff doesn't know how to keep our guys consistently open beyond the initial plan after the other team makes adjustments - heard a lot of announcers state that "nobody was open" over the past few years. Couple that with bad Oline  play (which of coarse could also be a reason our guys can't get open - i mean we know they can't run the ball) - and you have a problem.

A competent coaching staff would have won at least a PO game with these guys if not a SB by now. 

Right......and faulk.....normally you would be right.....but it doesn't matter if this defense was getting massages from the Swedish Bikini team between series, getting rest in isobaric chambers, slugging Red Bulls, rails of disco dust, and IV bags of HGH.....THEY AIN'T WORTH A HANDFUL OF SHEEP SHIT. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Absolutely no one here has claimed Dalton is this team’s only problem. The OP even mentioned ownership and coaching but is being realistic about those two things not changing for the better anytime soon.

Maybe not in this thread, but that tends to be the general theme of the OP's posts on this board. We all understand that there are many issues with this team NOT including the coaching and ownership. There's nothing wrong with wanting to move on from Dalton and see what else is out there. However, changing the QB is not the biggest need or issue at the moment. That's not saying don't do it or try it, but the defense concerns me far more than QB.

I've mentioned many times that Mike and Marvin kill this team and I'm not so sure all the talent in the world could overcome those 2 idiots. However, the OP and many others always come back to Dalton. There are so many other areas of concern that need to be addressed. Dalton is and can be a problem, but he's not THE problem. Again, I'm all for moving on but I don't just want to hand someone else the job just because they're not Dalton.

To me, it's just sad that fans are happy that Dalton got injured. I know that's a different thread, but people posting in this thread are some of the one's cheering their own starting QB being out for the rest of the season. Then they have the balls to say other people are stupid or not good fans or whatever other stupid bullshit.
Reply/Quote