Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarentine Mock - Different look
Traded back in round 2 and 3 for some killer extra picks.  focused on guys who bring toughness, quickness, and aggression to the defense while adding a guard and RB for some developmental talent.  I really like AJ dillion late because of his size and speed so I can see him being a nice change of pace goal line guy while also offering to special teams.  With my secondary, I wanted guys who could fit multiple looks with 3-4 and 4-3 schemes. 
[Image: ETu8s7MXkAAD-HR?format=png&name=small]
Player Spotlight

Antoine Winfield Jr.
Height 5' 9"
weight 203lbs
40 time - 4.45
Vert - 36"
Best Trait - Football Instinct
Worst Trait - Deep Speed
Player Comp - Ed Reed/Tyrann Mathieu
Interesting Fact - Was Born at OSU when his father played there.

[Image: 6796f01b-aad1-40f3-968a-daf8c70f7ef2-win...&auto=webp]

Winfield Jr. is the son of former Jim Thorpe Award winner and 14-year NFL vet Antoine Winfield Sr.  The word that comes to mind when you watch Winfield play is "playmaker." Some defensive backs just try to do their job in terms of batting away passes. Winfield is always looking for his chance to take the ball away, and after that, his immediate instinct is to bring it back for a touchdown. Not every defensive back is wired like that, but Winfield's special teams punt return background lends to that ingrained mentality. Winfield Jr. is best in half-field coverages but he brings man to man coverage skills against tight ends and is a viable fill defender in the box to step down against the run.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Damn is the D going to be good after this FA and this Draft. Holy Shiite!!!
Reply/Quote
I like it a lot. I wouldn't mind seeing an OG taken somehow but that is probably just being greedy.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
If there is one critique it is not taking a WR in the insane deep class, but the last Mock I did there was no one falling
so I understand. I had to take Lawrence Cager in the 6th for heck sake. Fanspeak BTW, still liked the Mock just not
what I expected. Thought I could get Pittman or someone like him in the 4th but they were all gone.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 10:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If there is one critique it is not taking a WR in the insane deep class, but the last Mock I did there was no one falling
so I understand. I had to take Lawrence Cager in the 6th for heck sake. Fanspeak BTW, still liked the Mock just not
what I expected. Thought I could get Pittman or someone like him in the 4th but they were all gone.

Yep it’s one area that I wish was better. Some of these guys will go udfa tho so there is always an opportunity to build.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 06:18 PM)Okeana Wrote: Traded back in round 2 and 3 for some killer extra picks.  focused on guys who bring toughness, quickness, and aggression to the defense while adding a guard and RB for some developmental talent.  I really like AJ dillion late because of his size and speed so I can see him being a nice change of pace goal line guy while also offering to special teams.  With my secondary, I wanted guys who could fit multiple looks with 3-4 and 4-3 schemes. 
[Image: ETu8s7MXkAAD-HR?format=png&name=small]
Player Spotlight

Antoine Winfield Jr.
Height 5' 9"
weight 203lbs
40 time - 4.45
Vert - 36"
Best Trait - Football Instinct
Worst Trait - Deep Speed
Player Comp - Ed Reed/Tyrann Mathieu
Interesting Fact - Was Born at OSU when his father played there.

[Image: 6796f01b-aad1-40f3-968a-daf8c70f7ef2-win...&auto=webp]

Love this draft,going D big is the way to go and I feel they will do just that,and I would Jump at the chance to get this guy,Winfield JR.He is a beast and a playmaker.Nice Job man.

Winfield Jr. is the son of former Jim Thorpe Award winner and 14-year NFL vet Antoine Winfield Sr.  The word that comes to mind when you watch Winfield play is "playmaker." Some defensive backs just try to do their job in terms of batting away passes. Winfield is always looking for his chance to take the ball away, and after that, his immediate instinct is to bring it back for a touchdown. Not every defensive back is wired like that, but Winfield's special teams punt return background lends to that ingrained mentality. Winfield Jr. is best in half-field coverages but he brings man to man coverage skills against tight ends and is a viable fill defender in the box to step down against the run.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 12:54 AM)Okeana Wrote: Yep it’s one area that I wish was better.  Some of these guys will go udfa tho so there is always an opportunity to build.

Well we sure would have one hell of a Defense. Would just have to hope our weapons stay healthy.
Reply/Quote