Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarter Pole Prospects
1/4 through the season and here are some mid-first rounders I'll be keeping an eye on:

DARIAN KINARD/OT/UK: Huge dude that can move
[Image: wfkjrjaqyaiswjpe7odf]

AIDAN HUCHINSON/DE/MICH: Latest member of the boy band
[Image: USATSI_16876705_168392721_lowres.jpg?w=956&h=538]

NAKOBE DEAN/LB/UGA: Wilson's a keeper, Pratt can be upgraded
[Image: T4NWSIBQBPUOPDABQ4ULNV7L5E.jpg]

NICK FORD/C/UTES: Tyler Linderbaum may be a tick better, but Ford is bigger, stronger, and nastier.
[Image: nick-ford-c-utah.jpg?w=1000&h=576&crop=1]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Big fan of Hutchinson. If he slips out of the top ten, he's BPA material to me. Great height at 6'6. Year so far...6 TFL, 5 1/2 sacks, 3 QB hurries, 1 FF.
Reply/Quote
I’d like to see us keep our current defense together. I’m thinking offensive line if there’s a valid target wherever we are drafting. If not sadly corner would still be a need IMO otherwise just BPA and build our depth. Ought to bring Reiff back in. If we have a solid season I think there’s a good chance our boys will want to come back.
Reply/Quote
Sauce Gardner CB from UC- Big Long rangey; perfect fit for the Cover 3/cover 1 defense we run.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I would like to imagine us taking Ahmad Gardner late in the first and then Nick Ford late in the second. Ford wouldn't have to start right away as Trey has another year on his contract.

Reply/Quote
Dang it. The title of the thread made me think this was about up & coming midget strippers.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 02:42 PM)J24 Wrote: Sauce Gardner CB from UC- Big Long rangey; perfect fit for the Cover 3/cover 1 defense we run.

Sauce has been pretty amazing, should translate well to the pro game.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Aside from Kinard, I like Evan Neal if the Bengals have an opportunity to get him and look for a long-term RT. He'll require a Top 10 pick though.
I also like Linderbaum as a C prospect. It's pretty impressive that he can get movement at the LOS weighing just 290 lbs. He'll need to bulk up for the NFL though, but the fundamentals and technique to be effective look to be there.

I also like the following DBs aside from Stingley:
Kaiir Elam - I really like him as a boundary CB. 6'2" 196 lbs. He has some ball skills, but his biggest skill set is being sticky in coverage. If the Bengals are picking in the teens, I really like Elam there as an option.
I could also see Sauce Gardner being the selection given the Bengals have a great opportunity to see him a lot in person.
If Bates isn't re-signed and the Bengals don't pick high enough to get Kyle Hamilton, Brandon Joseph could be a good safety option.

If the Bengals decided to let both Ogunjobi and Hill leave in FA (I doubt it), DeMarvin Leal could be a great IDL to pick in the first round.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Ikem Ekwonu G NC State is a very interesting read. Many consider him the nastiest run blocker in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 02:42 PM)J24 Wrote: Sauce Gardner CB from UC- Big Long rangey; perfect fit for the Cover 3/cover 1 defense we run.

He may be the 2nd best CB on his team...

As to my prospects:

UGA and KY went face to face. DEAN is a man and although UGA killed to UK Oline; none of it came against Kinard. He stonewalled to elite UGA dlinemen. If he's available when we pick next year; it's who I want..

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2021, 10:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He may be the 2nd best CB on his team...

As to my prospects:

UGA and KY went face to face. DEAN is a man and although UGA killed to UK Oline; none of it came against Kinard. He stonewalled to elite UGA dlinemen. If he's available when we pick next year; it's who I want..

ImI'm a big Kinnard fan but I always hear the Cody Ford comparison and remember how so very wrong I was about him lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 11:54 AM)bfine32 Wrote: 1/4 through the season and here are some mid-first rounders I'll be keeping an eye on:

DARIAN KINARD/OT/UK: Huge dude that can move
Is he a guard or a tackle?
[Image: wfkjrjaqyaiswjpe7odf]

AIDAN HUCHINSON/DE/MICH: Latest member of the boy band . Will he be inside or out?
[Image: USATSI_16876705_168392721_lowres.jpg?w=956&h=538]

NAKOBE DEAN/LB/UGA: Wilson's a keeper, Pratt can be upgraded
Is he great because of the defensive tackles in front?
[Image: T4NWSIBQBPUOPDABQ4ULNV7L5E.jpg]

NICK FORD/C/UTES:  Balance & Hands Inside ( mauler)
[Image: nick-ford-c-utah.jpg?w=1000&h=576&crop=1]
Reply/Quote
Is there any more Diggs brothers we can draft?

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 08:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Is there any more Diggs brothers we can draft?

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJzj4tLP1Teoyi2zMDUwYPTiTkksSq1SSMlMTy8GAF-aB9Q&q=darez+diggs&rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA905CA905&oq=darez&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j46i67j0i512j0i20i263i512j0i512l5.2052j1j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I realize that he can't enter the 2022 draft because he's a true sophomore and I usually am against RBs in the 1st round, but how about Bijan Robinson?

Dude is mauling this season at Texas.

924 rushing yards, 207 receiving yards, 13 total TDs through just 7 games.

If the Bengals can get their OL and DBs solidified before the 2023 draft, I'd be all in favor of drafting Robinson.
Dude is a stud.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If Mixon falls off the rails at that point, sure.

I guess you can draft him and groom him too (though for RBs, that is the least-necessary for any position).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Three Small DT prospects

Demetrius Taylor from App State is an intriguing DT prospect that could end up being a stud at three Tech.

Dom Peterson from Nevada while he looks like grimace he plays like Aaron Donald. Dude is short and might not have enough length but man he is a fun watch.

Zi'yon Hill from Louisiana- another short DT but he has length and athleticism.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Update:

Hutchinson is out of the conversation. Dude may pass Tibadeaux as Edge #1 and possibly #1 OA

Dean and Kinnard are both possible, but I fear once the combine sees Kinnard; he'll go much earlier than currently predicted

Ford has been solid, but really doesn't move the needle.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 11:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Update:

Hutchinson is out of the conversation. Dude may pass Tibadeaux as Edge #1 and possibly #1 OA

Aiden Hutchinson destroyed another high profile upcoming draft pick in Nicolas Petit-Frere. He has been unstoppable this season. Game Wrecker.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 11:54 PM)Synric Wrote: Aiden Hutchinson destroyed another high profile upcoming draft pick in Nicolas Petit-Frere. He has been unstoppable this season. Game Wrecker.

Yeah, he took money out of Petit's pocket..He's got 1 more game (up to 3 more) to put himself in the #1OA conversation. 

Reply/Quote