Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarterback?
(11-22-2020, 10:50 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: So Zac will end up 4-27-1?  That’s an 0.141 win record.

Call me unreasonable, but I think that record makes a coach utterly fireable regardless of his situation.  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:50 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: So Zac will end up 4-27-1?  That’s an 0.141 win record.

Yep! And then they will use the Burrow injury as an excuse to bring ZT back for another season of futility instead of firing him, Lou and Turner like any other owner in pro sports would already have done. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Brandon Allen is on the PS.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:43 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Forget this noise.  Who is Ryan Finley’s backup?

Mikey played QB at Dartmouth back in the 50's. Maybe we should throw him behind this line?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Mikey played QB at Dartmouth back in the 50's. Maybe we should throw him behind this line?

Nah, put Taylor out there. And make sure we’re throwing 50x a game.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nah, put Taylor out there. And make sure we’re throwing 50x a game.

Mikey hired Taylor...and will likely keep Taylor, so...
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It stinks we traded up in the 4th to get a QB we are 99% sure is going to go 0-9 as a starter, but I can't say I see it NOT happening. Finley is the backup because ZT thinks he is a backup QB, thems the breaks.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Mikey hired Taylor...and will likely keep Taylor, so...

Right, but Mikey getting killed just equals pumpkin at the helm. At least with Taylor in the ICU we would get a new HC...

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Mikey played QB at Dartmouth back in the 50's. Maybe we should throw him behind this line?

(11-22-2020, 11:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nah, put Taylor out there. And make sure we’re throwing 50x a game.

They each get one half, and they must complete the half and be able to walk to keep their job/team. 

Also, no running game allowed. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:41 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Lol couldn’t agree more Finley helped us lose 3 games last year to get Burrow. Season is goin nowhere winning is losing tank for Penie Sewel. In all seriousness a guy of the street won’t help us, just sit back and enjoy the tank.

As a former tanker myself I was trying to figure out the analogy....but now I get it....and couldn’t agree more 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right, but Mikey getting killed just equals pumpkin at the helm. At least with Taylor in the ICU we would get a new HC...

Touche. Good point.
Reply/Quote

*fingers crossed

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jake Dolegala

Josh Rosen

Matt Moore

Blake Bortles

Dolegala! I thought he was better than Finley to begin with !!
Reply/Quote
Since it would take a miracle from God to save this team there is only one choice for QB. . .

Tebow
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Finley is a perfect tank commander. All that matters now is draft position.

WhoDey2 I see what you did there... Hilarious
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
I think Taylor was with the Dolphins when Matt Moore was there.

So that seems like a possibility. Moore is currently on the Chiefs practice squad. He might prefer the chance of playing in a Super Bowl over signing with the bengals.
Reply/Quote
I’d actually be fine with Bortles. Good enough to avoid being a complete humiliation yet not good enough to win games we shouldn’t and screw up operation tank.

He might be a good 2-3 year answer as a backup after Burrow returns.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:15 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This should be the conversation with Finley this week...

The guy's face when he is asked if he physically delivers it.....No, my secretary....well...sometimes?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:54 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yep! And then they will use the Burrow injury as an excuse to bring ZT back for another season of futility instead of firing him, Lou and Turner like any other owner in pro sports would already have done. 

Yep and all that will do is waste year 2 of Burrow's contract.  Then we'll get a new coach and it'll start all over again.  Best case in Burrow's 4th year we can do something.

I'm sure the Bengals organization has not even thought about this. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 09:52 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I’d actually be fine with Bortles. Good enough to avoid being a complete humiliation yet not good enough to win games we shouldn’t and screw up operation tank.

He might be a good 2-3 year answer as a backup after Burrow returns.

Trying to avoid humiliation being a Bengals fan is kinda impossible no matter who’s the QB
Reply/Quote