Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarterbacks' quicker releases a product of subpar protection
(02-22-2016, 12:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: There has been a lot of debate in the past about whether Dalton's quick release and how it translates to the O-line. Does AD's quick release make the line look better than it really is? Is the quick release a necessity to cover shortcomings with the line?

Here's an article that touches on that topic on a league wide basis.

Andy had the fastest average release time in the NFL this year at 2.20.

Great article. I honestly can't speak much to it. I know that an O LINE does make a huge difference for your Quarterback as well as the entire team. 

Take a look at the Steelers O - Line... There center Pouncey missing games has a huge impact on how they play the game. I remember watching them a few years back in the playoffs... pouncey got hurt and that O LINE got demolished... the middle was so weak.. there sub center got ran over everytime. 
Reply/Quote
Well Dalton was sacked 20 times in 13 (and a drive) games. McCarron was sacked 15 times in his 4 (almost 5) games... Seems pretty obvious what's happening to me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 01:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: You could ask the question of just about every team. It's the answer that I'm interested in. Is it because (as the title of the article states) of subpar pass protection...or is it just the way offenses are now being built? Is the Bengals O-line really as good as the stats seem to indicate (as far as the pass pro) or is Andy's incredibly quick release making them appear to be better than they really are? 

Well here is the most plausible answer since this is a recurring theme throughout the NFL.. the philosophy on offense has changed around the league.. teams are wanting a uptempo quick pace and pass offense.. it has less to do with the quality of your line and way more to do with the way the game is being played today.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote