Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Quarterly Grades
First Ill start with the positives the defense

DLine B + Geno, Dunlap,Lawson have all been great. MJ Sims and Glasgow have been solid as well.
LB's B this grade should get higher with the return of Burfict.
DB's B+ we have remarkable depth and the defensive line makes their job easier

Now to the negative the offense
QB C Yes the line has been atrocious but before last week against browns when he has had time he was inaccurate or missing and not throwing to wide open receivers
RB's C+ Gio looks better than he did pre surgery. Mixon and Hill are hard to evaluate due to poor Oline.
OL F When you can argue Bodine has been your best lineman that mean this unit is terrible.
WR/TE C+ Besides AJ none has stepped up to compliment him

ST B - Huber kickoff and Punt coverage units decent. Bullock has only missed 1 FG Erikson hasnt looked as goood as last season
Coaching D just because going into the season with Zampeze is unacceptable which brings the grade down.;
Reply/Quote
I'd give the D-Line an A easily.
DB's a B overall. Kirkpatrick and Jones have disappointed. Jackson and Dennard have exceeded expectations.

Probably a C- for the WR's. Lafell, Boyd, Core, Ross...have all been underwhelming.

ST - The Bullock miss was huge. Overall they've been solid though.
Reply/Quote
Dalton - D+
RBs- B-
Oline - F minus
Dline - A
LB - B
DB- B+
coaching - F
fans support despite 26 years of failure - A
Reply/Quote
Quote:fans support despite 26 years of failure - A
Or D for delusional thinking we're gonna get better under the current regime. But then I'm not a real fan because I don't support them by spending money on them. Maybe if I purchased a Mike Brown Dartmouth jersey..
Yeah, that's the ticket!  
By the way, here's Mikey's stats while at Dartmouth..34 completions, 78 attempts 2 TDs , 6 INTs..
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/mike-brown-9.html  Damned, we coulda drafted him if we'd been around in 1957.
He did score 10 rushing TDs on 56 attempts for 24 yards.. That's an odd stat.. That could explain our rushing woes. He doesn't want our backs to upend his own personal stats.  He lead the Ivy League in scoring in 1956.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
D-line = A

Geno, Lawson, Dunlap have looked really good and i love Willis, Chris Smith and Billings for the future.

LB's = B

Vigil has gotten better every game and Vinny has been solid as always. Minter made some decent run stops. Burfict = Beast

DB's = B

The young guys will be good, really good. Adam should only be used as a Punt Returner and backup. Will Jax, Dennard and
Shaw should be one of the best CB tandems in the NFL and i like Russell's upside as well. Fej looks like a hitter and maybe an
upgrade over Shawn anyways cause he can cover and tackle and is fast. George of the Jungle is getting back to what he was
before Reggie left.

QB = B-

Considering the O-line being so bad and Zampese's terrible playcalling the first two games and working with a new OC over
the last two weeks he has played good. Missed a few guys that were wide open which is why his grade falls. Should get much
better as the year goes on and he works with Lazor and his young WR's and backs.

RB's = B

Gio has looked great, cannot believe he looks this great coming off of an ACL tear, no holes for these guys though. Mixon
will be awesome if we can get some run blocking going. Hopkins coming back should help at RG.

OL = F

With everyone on this one, Andre is the only guy to show something decent at OT. Bodine blowz, Og blowz, Fisher has been
very underwhelming and Boling has Og and Bodine on both sides of him so he has too much on his plate. Hopefully this
improves as the year goes on.

WR/TE's = C

Need some speed besides AJ, happy Kroft finally shown something and has gained a little confidence from Dalton.

ST's = B

Pretty solid as always under Simmons.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 06:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: D-line = A

Geno, Lawson, Dunlap have looked really good and i love Willis, Chris Smith and Billings for the future.

LB's = B

Vigil has gotten better every game and Vinny has been solid as always. Minter made some decent run stops. Burfict = Beast

DB's = B

The young guys will be good, really good. Adam should only be used as a Punt Returner and backup. Will Jax, Dennard and
Shaw should be one of the best CB tandems in the NFL and i like Russell's upside as well. Fej looks like a hitter and maybe an
upgrade over Shawn anyways cause he can cover and tackle and is fast. George of the Jungle is getting back to what he was
before Reggie left.

QB = B-

Considering the O-line being so bad and Zampese's terrible playcalling the first two games and working with a new OC over
the last two weeks he has played good. Missed a few guys that were wide open which is why his grade falls. Should get much
better as the year goes on and he works with Lazor and his young WR's and backs.

RB's = B

Gio has looked great, cannot believe he looks this great coming off of an ACL tear, no holes for these guys though. Mixon
will be awesome if we can get some run blocking going. Hopkins coming back should help at RG.

OL = F

With everyone on this one, Andre is the only guy to show something decent at OT. Bodine blowz, Og blowz, Fisher has been
very underwhelming and Boling has Og and Bodine on both sides of him so he has too much on his plate. Hopefully this

WR/TE's = C

Need some speed besides AJ, happy Kroft finally shown something and has gained a little confidence from Dalton.

ST's = B

Vigil was something else Sunday against the Browns.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 08:27 PM)jason Wrote: Vigil was something else Sunday against the Browns.

Yeah, dude looked like a Luke Kuechly type lol

Maybe Burfict wasn't as far off as we all thought when he was calling him Luke.  Smirk

Might be making a name for himself.
Reply/Quote
I think we have a few guys stepping up and moving into our expectations, and a few going beyond. Hoping Lazor is reading the strengths of our offense outside of the OL and encouraging heart and passion into what he's selling. The players seem to be reacting well and hopefully they will continue to progress each week.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 06:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: D-line = A

LB's = B

DB's = B

before Reggie left.

QB = B-

RB's = B

OL = F

WR/TE's = C

ST's = B

I wouldn't change a thing...I wanted to up Andy to a solid B or B+ because of what he has in terms of a running game, and weapons right now, but the standard has to be higher in year 7.  I think he can get his GPA up to an A by year's end if he keeps rolling and the offensive line figures a few things out (like start TJ Johnson before the season is over).  
Reply/Quote
Idk how you guys can possibly rate Dalton a B. First game was an F, 2nd a D, 3rd a C, and the 4th an A. To me that's a C average at best.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 11:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk how you guys can possibly rate Dalton a B. First game was an F, 2nd a D, 3rd a C, and the 4th an A. To me that's a C average at best.

I'd give him a b or b- in game 3, but otherwise, agree.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 11:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk how you guys can possibly rate Dalton a B. First game was an F, 2nd a D, 3rd a C, and the 4th an A. To me that's a C average at best.

3rd was a B, it was Marv making our OC let up that hurt us in that game, not Dalton.
Reply/Quote
QB - C Some good play, some bad. Last two games were definite improvements.
WR - C Outside of AJ Green has anyone done much of anything?
TE - C Eifert is an absentee as usual, Kroft is the best one this year, but we carry 5 TEs.
OL - F Brings down the entire team, just like last year.
RB - C Completely ineffective behind our miserable line. None of them are supermen who are going to block for themselves.

DL - A- Getting after the QB and doing a good job of keeping LBs free to move.
LB - B+ Better than last year's unit. Malaulga not missed at all.
CB/S - B+ Young corners playing better than vets.

ST - B Not bad overall, but can we really expect a clutch FG when a game is on the line?

HC - D Had to know the OL was in trouble way back to last year and did absolutely nothing. clap-clap baby. We did have a good defensive draft. The offensive part of the draft hasn't panned out all that well so far.
DC - A The D is playing well and schemed well.
OC - B Doing alright given the holes.

Front office - F Mike Brown F's it up for another year.

Reply/Quote
QB- D
O Line- F
WR- C-
RB- C+

Dline-A
LBs-B
DBs-B
Reply/Quote
Andy is 15th out of the top 32 QBs (pass attempts) in passer rating, 15 the in TDs, 16th in yards, 7th in INTs. I have zero idea who that rates in the "B" level. I understand we will point to 'look at what he has been saddled with"; but are we to assume every other QB in the NFL is not saddled with problems?

WTS:

QB- C+

Running- D-

Catching- C

Dline- A-

LB- B

DB- B+
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 11:41 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Andy is 15th out of the top 32 QBs (pass attempts) in passer rating, 15 the in TDs, 16th in yards, 7th in INTs. I have zero idea who that rates in the "B" level. I understand we will point to 'look at what he has been saddled with"; but are we to assume every other QB in the NFL is not saddled with problems?

WTS:

QB- C+

Running- D-

Catching- C

Dline- A-

LB- B

DB- B+

You have to take into consideration the problems around the QB and Dalton has had it tougher than about any
QB in the NFL this year with this O-line, the shitty playcalling by Zamp the first two games, his WR's besides AJ
not getting any seperation, no running game and gettin a new OC in season.

But you have always hated on Bengals QB's Bfine, no surprise.

Dalton played terrible the first game, terrible but he has gotten noticeably better each game.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 02:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You have to take into consideration the problems around the QB and Dalton has had it tougher than about any
QB in the NFL this year with this O-line, the shitty playcalling by Zamp the first two games, his WR's besides AJ

Dalton played terrible the first game, terrible but he has gotten noticeably better each game.

Dalton has had it no harder than Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers, and many others......

I guess awarding him a C+ is hating on him.

My bad allow me to adjust:

QB- A+
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 02:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You have to take into consideration the problems around the QB and Dalton has had it tougher than about any

every quarterback deals with adversity...not just Andy cant stay in the pocket n make a throw Dalton
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 02:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dalton has had it no harder than Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers, and many others......

I guess awarding him a C+ is hating on him.

My bad allow me to adjust:

QB- A+

Actually he does. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-o-line-rankings-pass-blocking-efficiency

That doesn't fit your narrative though. The only 2 QBs with worse pass blocking olines on that list that you could even point to as having good years so far are Tom Brady and Matthew Stafford.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 11:41 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Andy is 15th out of the top 32 QBs (pass attempts) in passer rating, 15 the in TDs, 16th in yards, 7th in INTs. I have zero idea who that rates in the "B" level. I understand we will point to 'look at what he has been saddled with"; but are we to assume every other QB in the NFL is not saddled with problems?

WTS:

QB- C+

Running- D-

Catching- C

Dline- A-

LB- B

DB- B+

You forgot to grade the O-line...... or did you ? 
Reply/Quote