Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Quarterly Grades
(10-06-2017, 02:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dalton has had it no harder than Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers, and many others......

I guess awarding him a C+ is hating on him.

My bad allow me to adjust:

QB- A+

No, stay honest Bfine, we like you better that way.

Don't make me dissuade you brother. Wink

BTW, Aaron Rodgers is on another level than those guys you mention, he is just that great.

(10-06-2017, 03:04 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: every quarterback deals with adversity...not just Andy cant stay in the pocket n make a throw Dalton

Definately his biggest weakness is when he panics, looked much better last game though in this department.

Plus when you have Bodine as your Center there is not much of a pocket to step into.

(10-06-2017, 03:05 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Actually he does. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-o-line-rankings-pass-blocking-efficiency

That doesn't fit your narrative though. The only 2 QBs with worse pass blocking olines on that list that you could even point to as having good years so far are Tom Brady and Matthew Stafford.

Nice Aquapod. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 03:05 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Actually he does. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-o-line-rankings-pass-blocking-efficiency

That doesn't fit your narrative though. The only 2 QBs with worse pass blocking olines on that list that you could even point to as having good years so far are Tom Brady and Matthew Stafford.

I as talking about everything Nate mentioned: Rushing attack, receivers, coordinators, ect....

You don't think Deshan Watson and Russell Wilson are having good years; yet you have Andy in the B zone? 

I get that folks think you're a hater if you have Andy Mid-Pack. But with a 1-3 record and his current stats that's the best I can give him. Feel free to score him as you see fit.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 03:06 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You forgot to grade the O-line...... or did you ? 

I did:

O-line- D-

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 03:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I did:

O-line- D-

Oh ok, missed it. 

That's being very generous in my opinion ! To me they're so bad it makes it tough to really grade the rest of the team including the defense. 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 05:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh ok, missed it. 

That's being very generous in my opinion ! To me they're so bad it makes it tough to really grade the rest of the team including the defense. 

IMO, the coaches could move a couple of their Defensive line players to the Offensive line
and they wouldn't do any worse than Ogeebogee, Fissure, and Bovine. Might be worth a try.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 07:07 PM)Derrick Wrote: IMO, the coaches could move a couple of their Defensive line players to the Offensive line
and they wouldn't do any worse than Ogeebogee, Fissure, and Bovine. Might be worth a try.

Glasgow i heard actually can play on the O-line...
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 07:07 PM)Derrick Wrote: IMO, the coaches could move a couple of their Defensive line players to the Offensive line

Didn't we try that with Shirley? 

Reply/Quote
Some of these bad scores for Dalton...as if the guy isn't behind a horrible offensive line and a non existent run game. Psh.

I'd say the offensive line, might be a D for me. Receiving core C-. I haven't really been impressed with anyone outside of AJ Green. LaFell can't get open to save his life. None of the younger players have done anything. John Ross is completely absent.

Defense? I think everyone at least gets a B. I haven't been impressed with Dre or Jones. I think for all the dancing, talking and hand drama they do, they don't really bring enough to the field.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 11:41 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Andy is 15th out of the top 32 QBs (pass attempts) in passer rating, 15 the in TDs, 16th in yards, 7th in INTs. I have zero idea who that rates in the "B" level. I understand we will point to 'look at what he has been saddled with"; but are we to assume every other QB in the NFL is not saddled with problems?

WTS:

QB- C+

Running- D-

Catching- C

Dline- A-

LB- B

DB- B+

I completely understand what you are saying and the rationale behind it, but look at your own defensive ratings...could the DBs rated that well without the front seven they play with?  That logic works for them but not the QB?  Sure, every team has issues, but I think Dalton with the worst oline in the league, the worst rushing attack in the league, some of the most average receiving options, injuries to his key red zone target, and being saddled with a turd of an OC put him in a much tougher situation than most. 

But, in typical Dalton style, he rebounded with Lazor and is making due with what he has, and not complaining at all. 

The fact is that if Dalton was playing QB for a number of teams out there, he would be ranked much higher than average. 
Reply/Quote