Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No huddle
(10-05-2017, 03:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: What might be an effective use is to go No Huddle in the middle of a drive. Start off huddling. Get a couple first downs and then just go No Huddle out of nowhere.

Guess Philhos said it first....
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 08:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Guess Philhos said it first....

Genius to be honest. Throw something at them they don't expect. Although, you know if it happens? Marvin reads the boards!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 08:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Genius to be honest. Throw something at them they don't expect. Although, you know if it happens? Marvin reads the boards!

He better damn it!
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 08:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He better damn it!

He probably only hangs out in P&R. Such a dumbass! WE HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS HERE. Seriously though, the collective soul (remove hindsight 20/20) has been pretty stellar here in many cases.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 08:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He probably only hangs out in P&R. Such a dumbass! WE HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS HERE. Seriously though, the collective soul (remove hindsight 20/20) has been pretty stellar here in many cases.

Got some really smart posters.

MB should of hired Wolf as a scout. He put in his resume and he knows his shit.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 01:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The only problem with the No Huddle is that it puts a strain on our defense both when it works and when it doesn't. When it works, we don't keep the ball on offense very long and when it doesn't work, the defense doesn't even have time to take their helmets off.

However, I do think Dalton is pretty adept at running it so I think it could be used every so often in every game. Keep the defense on their toes, etc.

Actually, they can go no huddle full time, and continue to burn clock.  A no huddle offense does not have to be a hurry up offense.  As long as they see a defensive matchup that they can exploit, all they have to do is keep coming to the line, forcing the defense to be ready.  They can sit there and run the clock down every play.

Which might be a good idea, as it takes more juice to be ready, and to then react, than it does to sit in standby to act.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2017, 10:13 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, they can go no huddle full time, and continue to burn clock.  A no huddle offense does not have to be a hurry up offense.  As long as they see a defensive matchup that they can exploit, all they have to do is keep coming to the line, forcing the defense to be ready.  They can sit there and run the clock down every play.

Which might be a good idea, as it takes more juice to be ready, and to then react, than it does to sit in standby to act.

This is true and also an effecitv euse of the No Huddle. Which means it ain't gonna happen in Cincy. Sad
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2017, 10:15 AM)PhilHos Wrote: This is true and also an effecitv euse of the No Huddle. Which means it ain't gonna happen in Cincy. Sad

Hmm, if only we had smart, aggressive coaches that were dynamic in their planning..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2017, 10:31 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, if only we had smart, aggressive coaches that were dynamic in their planning..

If only ... [cue dream sequence]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 12:17 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah... just because the line can not hold their ground doesn't really make it "finesse". I have yet to see the finesse, but maybe others see more than me.
If no huddle is an option would very much depend. If the defense is on the field for a long time already, it wouldn't help if the offense made their three and outs even more quickly.

I'd rather see them take their time on offense.

during the first 1/2 of the packers game I think it was C. Collinsworth who was in the booth saying that the Bengals O-line is more finesse than a power game....
they're good out in space, better than maybe run blocking per se....good for screens & sweeps, etc,etc
Reply/Quote
How does Buffalo do their rotations? With us, no huddling is genius with how active we are on the defensive front. Wear out the big guys, and don't let them get a break. This might be an excellent way of killing their pass rush, while not allowing substitutions.

I'm not sure if we will do it. You need rhythm, and being in the rain will make it even more difficult. I hope Mixon has the game we are all expecting from him. He always seems a carry or two away from breaking it. I also think he might be a game or two away from becoming what we all hope he becomes. That hasn't been quite harnessed yet.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2017, 11:40 PM)Steve Wrote: during the first 1/2 of the packers game I think it was C. Collinsworth who was in the booth saying that the Bengals O-line is more finesse than a power game....
they're good out in space, better than maybe run blocking per se....good for screens & sweeps, etc,etc

I think they've shown that under Lazor's offense, which uses the Chip Kelly format. I'm not too keen on it (mainly if you have a big back (Hill) and you're running out of the gun). That being said, it looked wildly successful against the Browns (and the first half of the Packers).

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2017, 11:40 PM)Steve Wrote: during the first 1/2 of the packers game I think it was C. Collinsworth who was in the booth saying that the Bengals O-line is more finesse than a power game....

I think that was just his polite way of saying that the Bengals OL aren't good at moving people.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

I heard that, I thought it was the Houston game, but you're probably right. He also said if Cincy drafts you high, you're gonna play. I attached the questionable tag to both these statements.

Are they "good" out in space (that's a sincere question, I lack the specific comparisons to other NFL lines)? That screens etc. are a decent reaction to a line not holding is someting else then the line doing good in these kind of situations.
Reply/Quote