Poll: Are Boomers Constantly Complaining?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question About Boomer Parents
(01-26-2022, 02:45 PM)bjf123 Wrote: The money is a huge difference. My parents bought me a new car while I was still in high school in the mid 70’s. I think sticker on the car was under $3,000, so it was less than 10% of my dad’s salary. I think he was making mid $30’s. Tuition at X was what, $2,500 for the year?  

What’s the sticker on a nice, new, small car today, at least $15K and X is what, $40K?  You need to be making a LOT more today to have the same things that we Boomers were able to enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And boomers wonder why teens would rather try to become TikTok or Youtube famous rather than working a real job.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 02:45 PM)bjf123 Wrote: The money is a huge difference. My parents bought me a new car while I was still in high school in the mid 70’s. I think sticker on the car was under $3,000, so it was less than 10% of my dad’s salary. I think he was making mid $30’s. Tuition at X was what, $2,500 for the year?  

What’s the sticker on a nice, new, small car today, at least $15K and X is what, $40K?  You need to be making a LOT more today to have the same things that we Boomers were able to enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not really sure you're making a good comparison here.  

https://www.dollartimes.com/inflation/inflation.php?amount=35000&year=1975
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote