Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All AFCN Offense
(06-17-2015, 02:58 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Bowe also played on the same team as a guy that didn't throw passes to his WRs, especially when they were anywhere near an endzone.

Bowe gets plenty of separation and is a fine receiver, he's actually pretty damn good. Put him with a good QB and he's a legitimate #1 and amazing #2 receiver.

Sanu shouldn't be mentioned in any "All AFCN team" unless you're going up to like 8 WRs on the roster. MLJ could be in these discussions in the near future, but he needs to stay healthy and show everyone why he deserves to be considered a good WR. A lot of people outside of Cincinnati just haven't seen him play, but the kid is really good. As with Sanu though, I can't put MLJ on the "All AFCN team" when there are other options in the division that have proven their worth and put it on the field already.

Sanu had 2 more targets than Bowe did. Had more yards and more touchdowns. But I agree, Sanu shouldn't be viewed as one of the best in the AFC North. Steve Smith destroys both him and Marvin Jones.

Also, Dalton threw 17 more passes last year than Alex Smith. Completed 6 more as well. I mean, Alex Smith threw more than Cam Newton and Russell Wilson. I'm just not big on Bowe. He's not what he once was. I just can't put him in the AFC North team. Just can't.

I think the biggest issue is that there's a ton of inexperienced players and young ones. So it's hard to measure up younger success to sustained success. But Steve Smith has done both, that's why I have him up there.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 10:24 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Catches: Brown
TDs: Brown
Yards: Brown
Less fumbles: Brown (despite many more touches)
Taller: Green

Great consolation prize on Green.  Rolleyes

You forgot about talking about how defenses all scheme more against Green versus Brown.  Won't turn this into a coaching thread so if you don't understand the significance of that, it's OK.  A valid counter-smack is why can't the Bengals capitalize on that.  I concede that point and hope Hill changes that.  Regardless Green > Brown, but Green does frustrate me when he gets disinterested in contested poorly thrown balls (teed up for you there :-))
Reply/Quote