Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Question For People That Believe Men Can Be Women
(08-26-2023, 09:45 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: With so few, odd how they are dominating the biological females... wonder why?

And to back that up.  Here's a small list of Trans Women competing at a professional level against biological females.

https://www.outsports.com/trans/2022/3/1/22948400/transgender-trans-athlete-championship-national-world-title

If that's not a good enough start for you, then google it for College and HS levels where they are also dominating.

As if you actually give a shit about biological women.

So now the "problem" is world wide?  I thought we were just talking about American laws.

But that aside the VAST majority of us on this board have said repeatedly that it should be up to the individual governing bodies to decide how they handle it...the the US government passing laws.  That's the biggest difference.  the right wants their "small government" to enact laws to protect them from anything they don't think is fair.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-26-2023, 09:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: 1135809 would love to have won a quarter of the time but I'll let you know in two weeks.  Mellow

Well he's so good he won the debate with out even showing up!
Let me know when you pull off one like that
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-26-2023, 10:00 AM)GMDino Wrote: So now the "problem" is world wide?  I thought we were just talking about American laws.

But that aside the VAST majority of us on this board have said repeatedly that it should be up to the individual governing bodies to decide how they handle it...the the US government passing laws.  That's the biggest difference.  the right wants their "small government" to enact laws to protect them from anything they don't think is fair.

agree 100%...It is government overreach to dictate who can participate in sporting events

many of those listed competed in various cycling events.  The UCI has addressed trans athletes competing in their bylaws

Does gender make a difference in snooker or darts?  I know sobriety does

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

(08-26-2023, 10:18 AM)pally Wrote: agree 100%...It is government overreach to dictate who can participate in sporting events

many of those listed competed in various cycling events.  The UCI has addressed trans athletes competing in their bylaws

Here is where far left ideology really prevents them from thinking logically.  The differences between a biological male and woman are vast.  Anyone who has gone through male puberty has bone length and density advantages over women.  Massive differences in upper body strength.  A huge advantage in their cardiovascular capacity.  These are scientific facts (trust the science?).  If you truly believe in equal opportunity for women then letting biological males compete in women only sporting events directly flies in the face of that.  

Because someone will inevitably try and make the argument, I have zero issue with trans people living their lives and trying to be their authentic selves.  But it's a bit of a your right to throw a punch ends at my nose situation.  Arguing that it doesn't happen that often isn't an argument at all, it's a dodge.  This is an equality issue and the government has every right, I'd even say an obligation, to address it.
(08-26-2023, 10:18 AM)pally Wrote: agree 100%...It is government overreach to dictate who can participate in sporting events

In Physical sports it matters. 

So what's the point in having Men only and Women only sports? just put them all together and may the best one win right?
(08-26-2023, 10:38 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: In Physical sports it matters. 

So what's the point in having Men only and Women only sports? just put them all together and may the best one win right?

My stance is to let the sporting federations decide the participation rules for their sports, not the government.  They are best equipped to make the decisions that are best for their sports

(08-26-2023, 10:25 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Here is where far left ideology really prevents them from thinking logically.  The differences between a biological male and woman are vast.  Anyone who has gone through male puberty has bone length and density advantages over women.  Massive differences in upper body strength.  A huge advantage in their cardiovascular capacity.  These are scientific facts (trust the science?).  If you truly believe in equal opportunity for women then letting biological males compete in women only sporting events directly flies in the face of that.  

Because someone will inevitably try and make the argument, I have zero issue with trans people living their lives and trying to be their authentic selves.  But it's a bit of a your right to throw a punch ends at my nose situation.  Arguing that it doesn't happen that often isn't an argument at all, it's a dodge.  This is an equality issue and the government has every right, I'd even say an obligation, to address it.

Get outa here with that Science stuff. When science supports their stance, it's all about the science, when it doesn't, it's all about feelings. No one wants to admit it removes the integrity of women's sports.
(08-26-2023, 02:59 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Are you saying there are people out there who believe there are men who want to be athletes but are not good enough to succeed in male athletics, so they say "oh, I know. I'll claim I'm trans. That way I can compete against women!"

There's many layers to this absurd idea, but I can't get past the idea that someone would put their body through a plethora of hormonal changes (as there are rules in the NCAA about minimum time spent on HRT before you are allowed to participate in the opposite gender sports), take on huge social stigma and expose themselves to the hatred of half of the country all to win...like, best case realistic scenario a school scholarship? It's not like there's a ton of money in women's sports, and there's, what, only 1 trans woman in the WNBA? And she's not even that successful.

So if this theoretical man did exist (one pretending to be trans to compete against women), he's doing a terrible job at achieving...whatever goal he set out to achieve.

You may not be able to get past the idea but it probably happens more than you think. I can’t get past the idea that people conduct “thrill kills” but it still happens…

I can totally picture people doing this….
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
(08-26-2023, 10:51 AM)pally Wrote: My stance is to let the sporting federations decide the participation rules for their sports, not the government.  They are best equipped to make the decisions that are best for their sports

Apparently not

https://nypost.com/2023/03/30/male-powerlifter-enters-womens-event-breaks-record/
(08-26-2023, 10:51 AM)pally Wrote: My stance is to let the sporting federations decide the participation rules for their sports, not the government.  They are best equipped to make the decisions that are best for their sports

Well, many (all?) states govern their own high school sports. So I guess this means you’re fine with everything Florida has done?

So, you think it's fine for a business to discriminate against women?  Should they be able to decide that for themselves?

(08-26-2023, 11:00 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Get outa here with that Science stuff. When science supports their stance, it's all about the science, when it doesn't, it's all about feelings. No one wants to admit it removes the integrity of women's sports.

To be fair, both sides are in the hypocrisy business.  Right now the far left is by far the more hypocritical group, in a decade or so it'll probably flip.  But their stance on this issue is honestly befuddling.  Especially when you consider that in many states, CA for one, all it takes to be a woman is to decide you're one.  So an NFL linebacker can decide he's now a woman and go play in a woman's rugby match and beat the absolutely dogshit out of them.  Something similar happened of late, and it wasn't the same caliber of male athlete

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/warmington-female-rugby-players-complain-trans-opponent-hits-too-hard

Guy is "non-binary" (so he's a guy sometimes, right?) and is 5'10" 220 lbs.  You know what, pally is right, just deal with it ladies. Mellow
(08-25-2023, 07:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If a transgender female is elected, are they the first woman as President?

Probably

I thought it was cut-and-dry? Trans women are women, so what's the harm in a huge trans woman wrestling with biological women and possibly causing damage to their bodies that are possibly long-term?

Did you see the volleyball video of the high school trans girl spiking the ball and hitting the girl in the face so hard that gave her neck and brain injuries? That's ok because trans girls and trans women are real girls and are real women, right?
(08-26-2023, 11:59 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I thought it was cut-and-dry? Trans women are women, so what's the harm in a huge trans woman wrestling with biological women and possibly causing damage to their bodies that are possibly long-term?

Did you see the volleyball video of the high school trans girl spiking the ball and hitting the girl in the face so hard that gave her neck and brain injuries? That's ok because trans girls and trans women are real girls and are real women, right?

How many volleyball players get injured every year under the exact same circumstances regardless of who was hitting or trying to return the ball?

(08-26-2023, 02:17 PM)pally Wrote: How many volleyball players get injured every year under the exact same circumstances regardless of who was hitting or trying to return the ball?

I’ve never heard of one, so you tell me because you’re trying to make it sound like it’s a common occurrence, so please show me how many times a year high school girls are injured that badly on similar plays.
(08-26-2023, 02:17 PM)pally Wrote: How many volleyball players get injured every year under the exact same circumstances regardless of who was hitting or trying to return the ball?

(08-26-2023, 02:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I’ve never heard of one, so you tell me because you’re trying to make it sound like it’s a common occurrence, so please show me how many times a year high school girls are injured that badly on similar plays.

I think volleyball is both a great and terrible example for this situation.  

Here you have a sport that absolutely recognizes men are more dominant than women and literally has a lower net for womens games for this exact reason. 

Even in Coed (doubles) it's often still on a net size between the mens net height and womens net height.  Hell, there are cash tournaments that will have some subtle rules/etiquette for playing against women in these coed games (since there's still a competitive advantage for males)

But at the same time, volleyball is a sport that is more about athleticism than it is about strength and unless you're talking about people that play on the AVP, a male competing on the women's team probably wouldn't normally be a big deal....i haven't seen the video though.
Marxism and other red ideologies destroy the society from within. At first they take over the monopoly of knowledge at Universities, then they proceed by infecting the young generations with their red cancer. We've come to a point people can't no longer define a man/woman, it speaks volumes about the cultural degenaration in today's world. Homeschool your children if can, don't let this scum steal your kids' souls with their degenerate intentions.
(08-26-2023, 03:30 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Marxism and other red ideologies destroy the society from within. At first they take over the monopoly of knowledge at Universities, then they proceed by infecting the young generations with their red cancer. We've come to a point people can't no longer define a man/woman, it speaks volumes about the cultural degenaration in today's world. Homeschool your children if can, don't let this scum steal your kids' souls with their degenerate intentions.

Can you elaborate on the similarities between Marxism and "red ideologies"?  

The first half of your post makes me think you're railing on conservatives but then everything you say are talking points FOR conservatives not against.  
(08-26-2023, 03:30 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Marxism and other red ideologies destroy the society from within. At first they take over the monopoly of knowledge at Universities, then they proceed by infecting the young generations with their red cancer. We've come to a point people can't no longer define a man/woman, it speaks volumes about the cultural degenaration in today's world. Homeschool your children if can, don't let this scum steal your kids' souls with their degenerate intentions.

I think we've reached a point in society where politicians create so much noise in order to draw in attention and votes as well as people on social media doing that in order to get views. People can't tell the difference between mindless noise and actual news. I mean we could be pushing our planets climate to a point of no return and we think that's a hoax and a non story. But a man or woman wanting to be referred to as the opposite sex is a concern that any of us need to worry about at all. 

Perhaps you could share your definition of what a man and woman are.