Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Question For Pro-Choice People
(06-12-2019, 08:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The unborn most likely disagree, but they have no voice. 

Why do you say "most likely"?

You yourself were "unborn" at one point.  Why not just tell us what your opinion was before you were born?
(06-17-2019, 11:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Why do you say "most likely"?

You yourself were "unborn" at one point.  Why not just tell us what your opinion was before you were born?

Two and three-year-olds can't remember anything long-term, and most likely can't tell you much about life, so does that make it ok to kill them, too?
(06-17-2019, 05:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Two and three-year-olds can't remember anything long-term, and most likely can't tell you much about life, so does that make it ok to kill them, too?

Not even close to what he said, and the fact that you constantly go to bizarre extremes that do not exist suggests your arguments are incredibly weak.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-17-2019, 07:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Not even close to what he said, and the fact that you constantly go to bizarre extremes that do not exist suggests your arguments are incredibly weak.

He's saying that because they couldn't have an opinion (and especially not one that they could remember), that they're ok to kill.  

If I was wrong, you would have explained what he meant, but, since you can't, I'm obviously not wrong.
(06-17-2019, 08:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He's saying that because they couldn't have an opinion (and especially not one that they could remember), that they're ok to kill.  

If I was wrong, you would have explained what he meant, but, since you can't, I'm obviously not wrong.

That is only one possible interpretation. Another would be that bfine asserted that the unborn would "most likely disagree." This assigns a level of cognition to a zygote/embryo/fetus that they lack. Therefore, the challenge from Fred could be rooted in the idea that the unborn simply couldn't disagree because they lack cognition and so projecting such thoughts onto them is disingenuous.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

(06-17-2019, 07:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Not even close to what he said, and the fact that you constantly go to bizarre extremes that do not exist suggests your arguments are incredibly weak.

(06-17-2019, 09:23 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That is only one possible interpretation. Another would be that bfine asserted that the unborn would "most likely disagree." This assigns a level of cognition to a zygote/embryo/fetus that they lack. Therefore, the challenge from Fred could be rooted in the idea that the unborn simply couldn't disagree because they lack cognition and so projecting such thoughts onto them is disingenuous.

You just can't let me go and I love you for it.

Let's try this: How many of you preferred your parents didn't abort you? 

OK, now that the answer is 0 then it's safe to say the unborn would have the same opinion if given the chance to form one. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-12-2019, 08:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The unborn most likely disagree, but they have no voice. 

The same can be said for all the gametes, also.
(06-17-2019, 11:21 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The same can be said for all the gametes, also.

I agree and they try their best to do so. Unfortunately nature doesn't always work in their favor. In an even worse unfortunate event they are successful and man decides to terminate them. 

(06-17-2019, 11:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree and they try their best to do so. Unfortunately nature doesn't always work in their favor. In an even worse unfortunate event they are successful and man decides to terminate them. 

They're all potentially babies so I don't see the distinction in killing a single celled gamete vs. killing a single celled zygote.

Dang Fred, you should drop the mic on that one. ThumbsUp
(06-17-2019, 10:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You just can't let me go and I love you for it.

OK, now that the answer is 0 then it's safe to say the unborn would have the same opinion if given the chance to form one. 

I responded to Brad's ridiculous post, not any you wrote. Settle down. 

(06-18-2019, 08:21 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I responded to Brad's ridiculous post, not any you wrote. Settle down. 

x2.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-17-2019, 08:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He's saying that because they couldn't have an opinion (and especially not one that they could remember), that they're ok to kill.  

He's not saying that in the slightest. He challenged the notion that a fetus could form an opinion. Much like the last time you responded to me with an absurd assertion, nothing said was being used as a justification for the legalization of abortion. 

Run along now.

(06-18-2019, 08:21 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I responded to Brad's ridiculous post, not any you wrote. Settle down. 

(06-18-2019, 08:23 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: x2.

(06-18-2019, 08:24 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He's not saying that in the slightest. He challenged the notion that a fetus could form an opinion. Much like the last time you responded to me with an absurd assertion, nothing said was being used as a justification for the legalization of abortion. 

Run along now.

Condescension and my apparent heightened state of agitation aside; it is why I said most likely would instead of do, will, ect...If they were allowed to go from unborn to the age of making a cognitive decision instead of terminated they most likely would happy that abortion was not an option to the mother.

Both of you were unborn at one time are you glad your moms didn't have an abortion.

(06-17-2019, 10:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You just can't let me go and I love you for it.

That's a deep question.

Maybe if they knew the life of pain and suffering they would have to "look forward too" they would be glad to not be born?

I just listened to a story about a female serial killer in the 19th century that had 13 children and killed eleven of them.  Plus the children that her various husbands already had.  Bet they didn't want that to happen if you asked them!

I'd bet at least a few people who were abused and had miserable lives caused by the adults in their lives wished they had never been born at all.

So not "0".

But that's more of a philosophical question/answer than a good reason to not have an abortion.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-18-2019, 11:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Condescension and my apparent heightened state of agitation aside; it is why I said most likely would instead of do, will, ect...If they were allowed to go from unborn to the age of making a cognitive decision instead of terminated they most likely would happy that abortion was not an option to the mother.

Both of you were unborn at one time are you glad your moms didn't have an abortion.

It's amusing how obsessed you are with trying to make my response to Brad be about you, but alas it was not. I made no judgement of your comments, I did not validate what Fred said to you, nor did I directly address what a fetus could or could not think.

I simply dismissed the claim that Fred's post was a justification for abortion and explained why I said that. You know this, but you're just trying to play games as usual. 

You can be better than that. If you continue to chose not to be, don't try to involve me.

(06-18-2019, 11:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Condescension and my apparent heightened state of agitation aside; it is why I said most likely would instead of do, will, ect...If they were allowed to go from unborn to the age of making a cognitive decision instead of terminated they most likely would happy that abortion was not an option to the mother.

Again if gametes "were allowed to go from unborn to the age of making a cognitive decision instead of terminated they most likely would happy that [contraceptives were] not an option to the mother" or father. Why no concern for all those unborn?
(06-18-2019, 12:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's amusing how obsessed you are with trying to make my response to Brad be about you, but alas it was not. I made no judgement of your comments, I did not validate what Fred said to you, nor did I directly address what a fetus could or could not think.

I simply dismissed the claim that Fred's post was a justification for abortion and explained why I said that. You know this, but you're just trying to play games as usual. 

You can be better than that. If you continue to chose not to be, don't try to involve me.

Now that I've "settled down" I can clearly see this.

(06-18-2019, 08:24 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He's not saying that in the slightest. He challenged the notion that a fetus could form an opinion. Much like the last time you responded to me with an absurd assertion, nothing said was being used as a justification for the legalization of abortion. 

Run along now.

And, since they can't, he's saying that they're ok to kill.

Your arguments weaken so much when you attempt lame insults.
(06-18-2019, 05:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: And, since they can't, he's saying that they're ok to kill.

Your arguments weaken so much when you attempt lame insults.

correct.  

you can form an opinion though.  you are a full blown adult human.  what would your opinion be if the government knocked on your door and said they are going to need your kidney and that they'll be taking it from you tomorrow?