Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Andy at this point in his career.
(09-08-2019, 10:32 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Stats? I never seen a stat on batted passes , and have seen Wilson have many bats through the year also
Don't think theres a batted passes stat for qbs. Just from watching the Bengals. And I see it happen to dalton more than the opposing qb being played against at the time. I know it happens to other QBs. Bortles had passes batted down fairly often.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 12:39 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Andy Dalton is not capable of carrying a team. He's proven that.

I think he proved you wrong today, he carried the offense with no running game
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, is what it is. Just seems like it’d be something easy to improve on. I saw Wilson make a great little arching lob pass over one of our defenders today. And he’s shorter than Dalton.

Guys like Wilson and Brees - who are 5'11ish - wouldn't be in the NFL if they didn't work hard to minimize the issues with their height.

Dalton's issue isn't so severe, so maybe he doesn't feel that type of pressure to work on it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:39 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Don't think theres a batted passes stat for qbs. Just from watching the Bengals. And I see it happen to dalton more than the opposing qb being played against at the time. I know it happens to other QBs. Bortles had passes batted down fairly often.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yea... I don't know the stats on other QB's, but I know it's a problem with Andy. I was down at PBS last year when Drew Brees was here. He's a short QB, yet he doesn't seem to have the same problems or not as much. Maybe it's Andy's quick release? Maybe he doesn't drop back far enough, maybe it's partially the olines fault? I don't know. Maybe he needs to roll out more often like Kenny Anderson used to do? Seems like this could be  something that could be fixed, because at times it's been a drive killer or worse.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:55 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Yea... I don't know the stats on other QB's, but I know it's a problem with Andy. I was down at PBS last year when Drew Brees was here. He's a short QB, yet he doesn't seem to have the same problems or not as much. Maybe it's Andy's quick release? Maybe he doesn't drop back far enough, maybe it's partially the olines fault? I don't know. Maybe he needs to roll out more often like Kenny Anderson used to do? Seems like this could be  something that could be fixed, because at times it's been a drive killer or worse.

Watch Breed alot through the years, I could make a highlight tape of him battling his battles passes down. Andy tossed50 passes, 4 not that crazy to be batted
Reply/Quote
Meh, a lot of the time the ball was batted down was when the defender was right in his face. I dont really see this as a problem for Dalton that he can fix. The OL needs to keep the defenders out of his face.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:59 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Watch Breed alot through the years, I could make a highlight tape of him battling his battles passes down. Andy tossed50 passes, 4 not that crazy to be batted

I disagree with that, but I’m not going to bash him when he was balling out most of the game.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 11:00 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Meh, a lot of the time the ball was batted down was when the defender was right in his face. I dont really see this as a problem for Dalton that he can fix. The OL needs to keep the defenders out of his face.

He needs to develop the old Brett Favre side arm!

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 11:00 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Meh, a lot of the time the ball was batted down was when the defender was right in his face. I dont really see this as a problem for Dalton that he can fix. The OL needs to keep the defenders out of his face.

if he just keeps drilling them defenders in the face with the football they will learn to get out the way.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 06:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if he just keeps drilling them defenders in the face with the football they will learn to get out the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWAQ8rTBLUk
Reply/Quote