Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about NFL players union vs. MB
(03-02-2018, 01:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: IIRC the Bengals believe the way they do contracts is a positive for drawing in talent. It seems they fear changing up the approach would lead to fewer players wanting to come play in Cincinnati.

Understand that angle but winning championships will bring them in too. 

If I am a player and a team that has legit shot offers over a team that has a history of failure ?

Going to take my shot at a title. 

Do believe this works at drawing the less desirable or aging vets who have lost a step and wanting to secure bank account before retiring though. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 02:15 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Understand that angle but winning championships will bring them in too. 

If I am a player and a team that has legit shot offers over a team that has a history of failure ?

Going to take my shot at a title. 

Do believe this works at drawing the less desirable or aging vets who have lost a step and wanting to secure bank account before retiring though. 

For sure and winning titles brings in more bandwagon fans which buy more tickets and merchandise.

= MB would be making more money.

Wish he would understand this.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 04:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure and winning titles brings in more bandwagon fans which buy more tickets and merchandise.

= MB would be making more money.

Wish he would understand this.

Maybe MB is not motivated by making more money. Maybe MB is spending well and above his requirement. Maybe MB is just inept running an NFL team.

I am numb to all now as are many, but the reality is fans keep searching and hoping for a Super Bowl, I think MB, the FO and coaching staff want a Super bowl win, I just don;t think any have shown the ability to put the product on the field to include that last 2 to 3 intangible winning pieces )players) we so desperately needed.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
C'mon .. Every Bengals fan ought to be buying Bengals lottery tickets because the odds of becoming an overnight gazillionaire are so good you just can't fail. The Bengals lottery is almost as good as the St Jude of Novena classified ads..

You know those ubiquitous ads..

"May the Sacred Heart of Jesus be Adored, Glorified, Loved and Preserved through-out the world now and forever. Sacred Heart of Jesus pray for us.  Saint Jude, Worker of Miracles pray for us.  Saint Jude helper of the Hopeless pray for us."

Say the prayer eight times a day for nine days. It has never been known to fail. Publication MUST be promised."

See? Bengals fans just don't pray hard enough to the patron saint of lost causes.. On the other hand perhaps that's Mikey's super secret winning strategy and he's the one actually placing those ads in lieu of all other football strategies . It has never been known to fail.. Right? 

Maybe, just maybe Mike Brown is the real patron saint of lost causes. Mikey, helper of the hopeless hear our words.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 10:54 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Maybe MB is not motivated by making more money. Maybe MB is spending well and above his requirement. Maybe MB is just inept running an NFL team.

I am numb to all now as are many, but the reality is fans keep searching and hoping for a Super Bowl, I think MB, the FO and coaching staff want a Super bowl win, I just don;t think any have shown the ability to put the product on the field to include that last 2 to 3 intangible winning pieces )players) we so desperately needed.

Probably correct. What is really sad is they are all too stubborn to admit their ineptness and keep doing things the same way
hoping for different results. Just hoping we see one move in FA that shows a sign that we are really trying to fix the problem.

One top tier FA O-lineman and we have a shot at nailing the Draft.

You have to open up the Draft in order to really add those winning pieces/players, otherwise you are picking for need instead
of just adding gamechangers.
Reply/Quote