Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KKK Leader Disputes Hate Group Label: 'We're A Christian Organization'
When I was at E.O. school each advisor was assigned a topic. I was the only WASP Male in a class of approximatly 35 (another discussion). My subject was to write what is good about the KKK or The Christian Knights of the Klu Klux Klan. The best i could do was that they help rid the South of Carpet-Baggers after the Civil War.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-10-2016, 02:13 PM)Vlad Wrote: [Image: 3c0bU4r.gif]

The Crusades. Its gotta be embarrassing even for liberals when one of their own still goes there.

No Vas, no one has ever denied the Crusades happened. Listen closely..the argument has been that its pathetic how you terrorist sympathizers use an event that occurred hundreds of years ago to give Islamic extremism a pass. 

No, they just insist on saying it was as bad as it was.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-10-2016, 02:47 PM)michaelsean Wrote: But none of that is the purpose for religion.  Religion is an attempt to explain God.  

So.  God creates religion to explain himself?  What a PR move!  Or, Religion indoctrinates the idea of and explains why one is beholden to God?  Because it sounds like without one there wasn't the other in the minds of humans. 

I don't know man.  There may very well be a god.  Doesn't take away from the fact that it's 'religion' is being utilized more for evil than good at this point.
(03-10-2016, 02:38 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I'm sure there are people here and around the world who make a 'positive impact' through their participation within a given religion.  Too often it has just been abused and used as justification subjugate and molest those without.  To that end, the benefits don't outweigh the cost.  The same 'positive impact' could be accomplished through other means.

Organized religion doesn't work so well with humans because human nature always infiltrates and turns what was theoretically a good idea into a tool for individuals or groups (more often the latter) to obtain power, money, status, etc. Organized religion just provides a ready-made assembly for that purpose. Human nature does the same with nationalism, extreme ethnic pride, etc. This happens with any large group that can be assembled and can point the "us" and "them" fingers at people. Someone is sitting back and watching, figuring out the question, "How can I profit from this?"
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(03-10-2016, 03:52 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: So.  God creates religion to explain himself?  What a PR move!  Or, Religion indoctrinates the idea of and explains why one is beholden to God?  Because it sounds like without one there wasn't the other in the minds of humans. 

I don't know man.  There may very well be a god.  Doesn't take away from the fact that it's 'religion' is being utilized more for evil than good at this point.

No man created religion. Which is why we have fights over religion.  Religion is nothing more than a group of people trying to explain the nature of God.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-10-2016, 03:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: No, they just insist on saying it was as bad as it was.

You have to use context.  Two groups of people fighting for an area in the way people fought for an area in those days.  There were two sides in those fights.  I'm not sure why one side is always seen as the evil side.  Islam traveled parts of 3 continents using the sword, yet somehow the Crusaders are the only bad guys.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-09-2016, 05:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/21/virginia-kkk-fliers_n_5008647.html

Actually an older story I came across while looking for something else.

Even if this was somehow true, good luck shaking that image.  In other news, the Nazis are actually a peace loving bastion of tolerance.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

I think everyone here is really missing the biggest point of this story.

Even if the "new" KKK does not resort to violence it is still just as wrong to treat people differently based on nothing but their race. The establishment of a superior master race is wrong even if it can be achieved through non-violent means. Social and economic discrimination is just as wrong as violent discrimination.

It is like some guy who kept a woman locked up as prisoner in his home for years bragging that he never hit her.

And I never attack Christians by pointing out that the KKK claim to be Christians. I only attack people who want to judge an entire race or religion based on the actions of their extremist by pointing out that the KKK claim to be Christians. And I usually throw in the Westboro gang.
(03-10-2016, 04:49 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You have to use context.  Two groups of people fighting for an area in the way people fought for an area in those days.  There were two sides in those fights.  I'm not sure why one side is always seen as the evil side.  Islam traveled parts of 3 continents using the sword, yet somehow the Crusaders are the only bad guys.

And I think that is the exact point for many people.

They are not blaming just one side or the other.  They are often blaming religion in general.  The crusades are just a great example of how the Christians can be just as aggressive and bloodthirsty as Islam. 

Christianity is less violent now, but there are many complex geographical and cultural reasons for that.  Both religions praise their backgrounds involving bloody conquests for land and power.  And both religions have been used to drive the masses to war.
So, if the KKK is not a Christian organization, then we can finally say that terrorists are not Muslim. Got it. Ninja
(03-11-2016, 12:34 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: So, if the KKK is not a Christian organization, then we can finally say that terrorists are not Muslim. Got it.  Ninja

/Forum.
Lol Huffington post
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(03-10-2016, 06:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And I never attack Christians by pointing out that the KKK claim to be Christians.  I only attack people who want to judge an entire race or religion based on the actions of their extremist by pointing out that the KKK claim to be Christians.  And I usually throw in the Westboro gang.

By doing the exact same thing? Side rant: generalizations really are the problem. We group people basted on race, religion, and sex way too often.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(03-11-2016, 01:53 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: By doing the exact same thing? Side rant: generalizations really are the problem. We group people basted on race, religion, and sex way too often.

I do the exact same thing to show how wrong is.  That is the opposite of what people are doing when they judge an entire group by the actions of the extremist.  I use it to expose the absurdity of their logic.

In can't believe the stuff that goes over some peoples heads around here.