Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about game in London
Why does there have to be a Home and an Away team since one of the teams fans are screwed out of a Home game?

Couldn't both of those teams sacrifice an away game so that the fans still get their 8 home games?

I know the owners still gets their money as does the league but the fans get screwed.

Just wondering.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 12:16 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Why does there have to be a Home and an Away team since one of the teams fans are screwed out of a Home game?

Couldn't both of those teams sacrifice an away game so that the fans still get their 8 home games?

I know the owners still gets their money as does the league but the fans get screwed.

Just wondering.

Because then someone else would have to lose a home game. Have to be the same number of home and away games for the league 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 12:33 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Because then someone else would have to lose a home game. Have to be the same number of home and away games for the league 

How does someone else lose a home game? There would be more away games played in a season, and that's it.
Reply/Quote
Is the London game included in season tickets for home game?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Now I gotta start drinking at 8 am? Killing me lol.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 12:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you take away one London game from the 256 NFL games play that leaves 255.  There is no way to divide 255 so that there is an equal number of home and away games.

and you can have a even number of London games so you can divide that number to have an equal number of home and away games
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 01:00 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: and you can have a even number of London games so you can divide that number to have an equal number of home and away games

I think I did not state it very clearly before.

It takes 256 games for all 32 teams to have 8 home games each (8 X 32 = 256).  If you take away any games (1 or 2) there is no way all 32 teams can still have 8 home games. 

So for every game played in a neutral site some team has to lose a home game. 
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 12:58 PM)740Bengal Wrote: Now I gotta start drinking at 8 am? Killing me lol.
Me too...

The game's on my birthday to boot.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 01:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think I did not state it very clearly before.

It takes 256 games for all 32 teams to have 8 home games each (8 X 32 = 256).  If you take away any games (1 or 2) there is no way all 32 teams can still have 8 home games. 

So for every game played in a neutral site some team has to lose a home game. 

7 home games 7 away games 1 London game (or maybe Canada or Mexico too if they want to try to expand there). That way it's at least fair across the board.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 01:45 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: 7 home games 7 away games 1 London game (or maybe Canada or Mexico too if they want to try to expand there). That way it's at least fair across the board.

What?  Go to a 15 game season with one neutral game for every team?

They are much more likely to go to 17 games with one neutral game per team.  Play in Mexico City, Montreal, Toronto, Quebec, Bejing, Las Vegas, London, and any other European city that follows American football.
Reply/Quote
Really doesn't explain the nuances in scheduling as it pertains to the London games but I stumbled upon this article some time ago. A quick, interesting read imo

http://operations.nfl.com/the-game/creating-the-nfl-schedule/
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 12:35 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: How does someone else lose a home game? There would be more away games played in a season, and that's it.

because in this case the bengals would be counting the London game as an away game. Thus giving us 9 away and 7 home games (basically what we have). We would then have to take one our regular away games like Dallas and play it in cincy stealing a home game from Dallas 
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't be as bad if the good people down in Hamilton county didn't pay for the stadium.

But hey, the 17 NFL fans in the UK get a chance to see our boys in person.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 01:20 PM)jason Wrote: Me too...

The game's on my birthday to boot.

my birthday also but I will be drinking in London  WHO DEY
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 06:07 PM)jason Wrote: Wouldn't be as bad if the good people down in Hamilton county didn't pay for the stadium.

But hey, the 17 NFL fans in the UK get a chance to see our boys in person.

They just put 80,000 in Wembley Stadium for the Jags so I think we'll do better than 17.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 07:50 PM)Joelist Wrote: They just put 80,000 in Wembley Stadium for the Jags so I think we'll do better than 17.
79,893 Americans and the 17 Brit NFL fans in Wembley Stadium.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 07:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: my birthday also but I will be drinking in London  WHO DEY
Happy birthday in advance.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 12:16 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Why does there have to be a Home and an Away team since one of the teams fans are screwed out of a Home game?

Just wondering.

(10-07-2016, 12:35 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: How does someone else lose a home game? There would be more away games played in a season, and that's it.

Every week you have one home team and one away team. If both teams were considered away, then both would have eight home games still, which would take a home game away from a different team on the London team's schedule.

The only way it could work is if the same two teams played twice (as in division games). That way, one time both "could" be home and the other time both "could" be away. Of course, that way it wouldn't matter but it would never be done that way.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
With all the problems in the world, this ranks very low. Who really cares if the Bengals lose a home game?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I just hate the 9am bullshit. Who. The blue hell decides that?
Reply/Quote