Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about game in London
(10-07-2016, 09:55 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: I just hate the 9am bullshit. Who. The blue hell decides that?
The sun decides that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2016, 10:06 AM)jason Wrote: The sun decides that.
Upon further thought, it us the earth's rotation that decides the game is at 9:30 am.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Would it kill London to have it 3 hours later?
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 01:28 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Would it kill London to have it 3 hours later?

That would make it 5pm in London so definitely a reasonable time slot. My guess is they want the game played during daylight.
Reply/Quote
You have to remember that the majority of the crowd will be travelling from across the country to attend rather than being native Londoners. For this reason, British sports tend to kick off in the sweet spot of 14:00-1500 so that the crowd are able to leave the ground around 17:00 before travelling for a few hours and still get home at a reasonable time.

Most of the London games this year are at 14:30 local time. However, our clocks go back one hour on the 30th so the Bengals game is actually a 13:30 kick off. I can only presume the reason they didn't put it back an hour is to suit the league and tv by ensuring the London game finishes prior to the rest of the games starting.
Reply/Quote