Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Send our defense back to high school to learn to tackle
Do our guys know how to tackle? Absolutely embarrassing. We got bossed around like kids out there. Do we need to go back to high school and learn tackling drills again or what? I'd be so fu***** mad out there if I missed a tackle, id make sure next time I got my hands on somebody I would try to kill them. If I was marvin out there seeing our guys missing tackles like that I would run them in the dirt and tell them "You gonna let these guys make you there bi*** like that, pu***" until they got pissed off and went out there to not let another MF get away again. MURDER THE GUY. We gotta get our heads out of our asses on d that's all there is to it or else we ain't going NOWHERE! TERYL AUSTIN HAS TO GET HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS ASS TOO.
Reply/Quote
I will say this, Kareem Hunt is one hell of a running back.

Our guys seem to understand how to get there, but not how to grasp or hold on to people. Complete whiff! I don't get it either.
Reply/Quote
Nothing but tackling drills all week. Jesus Christ.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I am not trying to take anything away from Kareem Hunt, but this is an issue we've had well before last night. I thought it was funny how the announcers were talking about Burfict's solid night when he was tackling like shit as well. If they make half of those missed, broken, whiffed tackles, maybe they stop a couple of drives and force punts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like how our guys wait on the wrong side of the first down marker to make a tackle, and then miss it anyway.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 07:50 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Do our guys know how to tackle? Absolutely embarrassing. We got bossed around like kids out there. Do we need to go back to high school and learn tackling drills again or what? I'd be so fu***** mad out there if I missed a tackle, id make sure next time I got my hands on somebody I would try to kill them. If I was marvin out there seeing our guys missing tackles like that I would run them in the dirt and tell them "You gonna let these guys make you there bi*** like that, pu***" until they got pissed off and went out there to not let another MF get away again. MURDER THE GUY. We gotta get our heads out of our asses on d that's all there is to it or else we ain't going NOWHERE! TERYL AUSTIN HAS TO GET HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS ASS TOO.

Not only couldn't they tackle, there were multiple times that defensive players got in each other's way!  Nothing like your own players throwing a nice block for the other team.  Too many guys out of position all night; no discipline on D...
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 10:05 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I like how our guys wait on the wrong side of the first down marker to make a tackle, and then miss it anyway.

Tony McRae...ugh.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 07:50 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Do our guys know how to tackle? Absolutely embarrassing. We got bossed around like kids out there. Do we need to go back to high school and learn tackling drills again or what? I'd be so fu***** mad out there if I missed a tackle, id make sure next time I got my hands on somebody I would try to kill them. If I was marvin out there seeing our guys missing tackles like that I would run them in the dirt and tell them "You gonna let these guys make you there bi*** like that, pu***" until they got pissed off and went out there to not let another MF get away again. MURDER THE GUY. We gotta get our heads out of our asses on d that's all there is to it or else we ain't going NOWHERE! TERYL AUSTIN HAS TO GET HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS ASS TOO.

There are HS players playing for Colerain, Elder, Moeller, etc. that can tackle better than this piss-poor group. First off, all they care about is dislodging the ball instead of wrapping up. That's fine down a few points in the last couple minutes of a game with no TO's left but, JHC, this crap starts at the 12 minute mark of the 1st quarter...
Reply/Quote
Tackling in large part is about effort and the 'want to'. Given how often this team comes out flat it seems to me ML provides zero inspiration to the players so they dont seem to play at 100%, with that needed energy to make great plays.

ML lost this locker room years ago
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Another truely disgusting performance by the Bengals on prime time tv, When is this nightmare going to end. When is the NFL and network tv going to learn, stop putting the Bengals on Tv for everyone to see, we know how bad they are. If it wasn’t for 4 miraculous finishes, we should be 0-7. Without Indy turnover late, we lose. Without Ravens turnover late, we lose. Without Td to Green with 10 seconds left at Atlanta,we lose. Without 2 defensive TD’s against Miami, after being down 17 in 2nd half, we lose. No imagination on offense, no body is ever truely open. Defense looks like they are running in slow motion compared to Kansas City. Andy Dalton looks like he is playing with concrete shoes on. He couldn’t beat a cheerleader to the concession stand. Only 3 players I would keep, Green, Mixon and Boyd. Blow the rest up and stop over. We could field a better team with players from everyone’s practice squad.
Reply/Quote
Imagine how this team would have been years ago had we hired Coughlin instead of Marvin. We wouldn't see this half ass effort week after week coming out flat, uninspired with a sense of I don't give a shit. Think he would stand for this piss poor tackling? This team is a direct reflection of Marvin Lewis period. Abolutely no reason why this team continues to flop so bad in prime time. And it's not just a prime time jinx, it's just more then not better opponents in prime time and we get out coached/played more often. All this is pointless as long as Marvin is here. Nothing will ever change and we are crazy to think it ever will. Time to start looking forward to the draft woth hopes of a new coach that's not some lazy BS promotion from within.
Reply/Quote