Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Hits: Bengals Hope To Copy Rams' Super Rebound; Postseason OT Revamped
(04-02-2022, 01:20 PM)Go Cards Wrote: What about the oh so talented 4-12 Bengals 2010 team

Carson Palmer
Chad Johnson Second-to-last year in NFL
Terrell Owens - Hall of Fame and one of the greatest of all-time Last year in NFL, 37-years-old
Jerome flippin' Simpson A Bust
Ced Benson A Bust
Jermaine Gresham Rookie
Andrew Whitworth
Andre Smith A Bust, Hurt
Geno Atkins Rookie Backup
Jonathan Joseph
Leon Hall
Pacman Jones Played 5 Games as backup, was out of the league the year before
Reggie Nelson A Backup
Roy Williams Last year in league, played 7 games previous 2 years.
Carlos Dunlap Rookie Backup
Michael Johnson Marvin Still Thought He Was A LBer
Peko Just Okay
Tank Johnson Career Backup, last year in the NFL

Mike Zimmer, Paul Guenther, Piano Man, and Marvin Lewis

These are all very talented individuals yet sometimes talent does not equate to wins or greatness. It takes something else from within that only a few disciplined individuals bring to the table.

Disclaimer, I'm no fan of Piano Man yet somebody arguing talent is a fan so I included as a joke

You literally just listed a whole bunch of people because they wore Bengals uniforms regardless if they were actually "very talented". A pretty big chunk of that list were other teams castoffs and guys at the end of their careers, and backups. Literally the very opposite of what you'd want for a list of very talented players. Lol

"They had Tank Johnson, Cedric Benson, Domata Peko, and Jerome Simpson. Why couldn't they win with all that talent?" ...is nowhere near as compelling of an argument against talent being important as you apparently think it is.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 02:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You wanting to trade up for Zion? I think that is the only way we get him...

It’s such moment by moment decision. If he starts getting close to #31 I’d do it for a swap and a third. But it really depends on if Linderbaum or Elam or somebody else looks like they are going to be there at #31. If so I’d wait.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 12:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We literally added historic talent in Burrow and Chase.

ProFootballTalk LOS ANGELES — The Cincinnati Bengals have gone from doormat to budding dynasty. And with a win Sunday against the favored Los Angeles Rams in Super Bowl 56, they would not only win the first title in their 54-year history, but they would also cap the greatest turnaround in NFL history.

Fred there’s probably going to be a movie someday and Rodney Dangerfield will play you
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 04:38 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It’s such moment by moment decision. If he starts getting close to #31 I’d do it for a swap and a third. But it really depends on if Linderbaum or Elam or somebody else looks like they are going to be there at #31. If so I’d wait.

Zion looks that solid, I would be down with that.
Reply/Quote
There have been plenty of examples of loaded teams that flopped, so it can’t be simply talent.

The professionals on our team, who do this for a living, say that the culture counts, and it has changed for the better. I’m actually big on listening to the trusted professionals in my life. Whether it’s a physical therapist, attorney, mechanic whatever. Now they have to earn my trust. Well, guess what? This team has earned my trust, so I’m much less likely to question their moves and statements going forward. Believe it or not, lol.

They said the culture counts, and I’ll take them at their word.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote