Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Scout Of How Bengals Beat Rams
I looked at recent match-ups both Bengals and Rams played by Rams. I don't need to watch Bengals, Bengals I see every play of every game. Looked at Rams vs Ravens end of season, and Both Rams vs 49ers in January.

Stafford throws interceptions. This is what I see in all 3 games. The problem with the last 49ers game is a 49er player dropped a sure interception that would have helped 49ers win. KEY : When Stafford throws his interception passes, Bengals need to catch them, not flub them. Stafford will have a big day going to his receivers, but if Bengals can catch his interception passes, that is huge. However if all Bengals do is flub them and not catch them, Stafford will burn them on the very next play. When Stafford throws these picks, and he will, Bengals have to catch them for interceptions and make Rams and Stafford pay.

Mixon should have a decent game. Ravens and 49ers had some nice runs on Rams and with a lesser running back than Mixon. MIXON might get a chance to make some Big Runs in Super Bowl.

Chase should have a good game, but so will Higgins, Boyd. Sample needs to step up if Uzomah hurt. Need some Tight End catches.

I was not impressed by Rams vs Ravens and Bengals handled Ravens better than that. I still say if Bengals player doesn't drop all those punts, Bengals beat 49ers. The Rams are not better than the Bengals. THE RAMS ARE NOT BETTER THAN THE BENGALS.

Burrow will get sacked but Stafford will get sacked also. Both teams are loaded with Great Receivers. Both Quarterbacks can get the ball to these pass catchers and both Quarterbacks are Cool at bringing their teams back to win.

The Rams Defense is good and making Interceptions, and so are Bengals. Both Defenses are Super Bowl Defenses.

Both Teams have NO QUIT. Both are good 2nd Half Teams. Both fight to the very last play of the game.

The Rams are at Home, nothing Bengals can do about that. Bengals just beat Titans and Chiefs in their LOUD Stadiums, so Bengals have beat 2 great teams on the road and can do it again.

I like Bengals McPherson and Huber and Special Teams Tackling.

I really think Stafford will throw a couple Interception Balls as he seems to do every game. Bengals need to come away with those and catch those interceptions. Unlike last Bengals Super Bowl in 1988 of dropping the game winning interception.

MIXON is the best running back in this game. Ravens and 49ers showed it's possible to get some good runs on Rams. More up the gut than trying to run wide, Rams D is fast. However Mixon could break some good runs going power running. Let Mixon do some POWER RUNNING, and not all that weak delay sideways stuff.

Some nice Runs by MIXON here and there could be the difference. Mixon is one of the Best Running Backs in the NFL, and he could be the difference maker in this SUPER BOWL. In all fairness to Rams runners, MIXON is the best running back in this game. Ravens and 49ers made some nice runs on Rams with runners not as good as MIXON.

BENGALS CAN WIN THIS GAME. Rams are not better than the Bengals.

I also think The Chiefs are better than The Rams. If Bengals can beat the Chiefs twice in January, they can beat the Rams.

Tiger Tiger Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Tiger Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
At the risk of sounding slightly redundant I think I'll risk being redundant.. Cool
I'm not too wild about Mixon up the gut, but the wide zones he seems to do pretty good with. Still waiting for him to break a game open with a 90 yard run and TD.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 03:24 PM)kevin Wrote: I looked at recent match-ups both Bengals and Rams played by Rams. I don't need to watch Bengals, Bengals I see every play of every game.  Looked at Rams vs Ravens end of season, and Both Rams vs 49ers in January.

Stafford throws interceptions. This is what I see in all 3 games. The problem with the last 49ers game is a 49er player dropped a sure interception that would have helped 49ers win.  KEY :  When Stafford throws his interception passes, Bengals need to catch them, not flub them. Stafford will have a big day going to his receivers, but if Bengals can catch his interception passes, that is huge.  However if all Bengals do is flub them and not catch them, Stafford will burn them on the very next play. When Stafford throws these picks, and he will, Bengals have to catch them for interceptions and make Rams and Stafford pay.  

Mixon should have a decent game. Ravens and 49ers had some nice runs on Rams and with a lesser running back than Mixon. MIXON might get a chance to make some Big Runs in Super Bowl.

Chase should have a good game, but so will Higgins, Boyd. Sample needs to step up if Uzomah hurt. Need some Tight End catches.

I was not impressed by Rams vs Ravens and Bengals handled Ravens better than that. I still say if Bengals player doesn't drop all those punts, Bengals beat 49ers.  The Rams are not better than the Bengals.  THE RAMS ARE NOT BETTER THAN THE BENGALS.

Burrow will get sacked but Stafford will get sacked also. Both teams are loaded with Great Receivers. Both Quarterbacks can get the ball to these pass catchers and both Quarterbacks are Cool at bringing their teams back to win.  

The Rams Defense is good and making Interceptions, and so are Bengals. Both Defenses are Super Bowl Defenses.

Both Teams have NO QUIT. Both are good 2nd Half Teams. Both fight to the very last play of the game.

The Rams are at Home, nothing Bengals can do about that. Bengals just beat Titans and Chiefs in their LOUD Stadiums, so Bengals have beat 2 great teams on the road and can do it again.

I like Bengals McPherson and Huber and Special Teams Tackling.

I really think Stafford will throw a couple Interception Balls as he seems to do every game. Bengals need to come away with those and catch those interceptions. Unlike last Bengals Super Bowl in 1988 of dropping the game winning interception.

MIXON is the best running back in this game. Ravens and 49ers showed it's possible to get some good runs on Rams.  More up the gut than trying to run wide, Rams D is fast.  However Mixon could break some good runs going power running.  Let Mixon do some POWER RUNNING, and not all that weak delay sideways stuff.

Some nice Runs by MIXON here and there could be the difference. Mixon is one of the Best Running Backs in the NFL, and he could be the difference maker in this SUPER BOWL.  In all fairness to Rams runners, MIXON is the best running back in this game. Ravens and 49ers made some nice runs on Rams with runners not as good as MIXON.

BENGALS CAN WIN THIS GAME.  Rams are not better than the Bengals.

I also think The Chiefs are better than The Rams. If Bengals can beat the Chiefs twice in January, they can beat the Rams.

Tiger  Tiger  Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey  Tiger  Tiger

I agree that the Rams are not better than the Bengals.  Our OL vs. their DL  is a real problem, no doubt. However, I think it can be overcome. The Niners manhandled the Rams by 21, as did Arizona, who beat the Rams by 17 in LA. A depleted Ravens' team played them pretty even.  The Titans beat them by 12 in LA.   The Rams ARE NOT better than the Bengals!   It's anybody's game. I feel like the Bengals have the intangibles that can carry them to victory. We shall see.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 03:55 PM)grampahol Wrote: At the risk of sounding slightly redundant I think I'll risk being redundant.. Cool
I'm not too wild about Mixon up the gut, but the wide zones he seems to do pretty good with. Still waiting for him to break a game open with a 90 yard run and TD.. 

Oh, I think the Bengals and Rams will both run some sweeps, reverses, screens, wide stuff to set up going Deep.  It is what both teams do. 

However Rams are good at tackling sweeps for losses.  Mixon is NOT a pure sweep runner speedster.  Mixon is a wear you down as the game goes on.   

Ravens and 49ers cracked the Rams Defense with runs inside the Tackles and I think MIXON needs to POUND THE ROCK a little.  Many fans hate the inside run, but I tell you it is needed in football.  I'm not talking the delayed draw play garbage either. I'm talking SMASH MOUTH.  

I don't really want Mixon going 90 yards because that means Bengals are starting at the 10.  I hope we get better field positions than that.  How about Mixon getting One or Two TOUCHDOWNS in a SUPER BOWL GAME.  Or Mixon gaining 100 yards in a SUPER BOWL.  

MIXON is THE BEST running back in this Super Bowl, sorry Rams, just the Facts. I'm hoping Mixon gives us the game that Corey Dillon gave Patriots in Super Bowl.  MIXON could be difference in this game. Also McPherson. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 03:55 PM)grampahol Wrote: At the risk of sounding slightly redundant I think I'll risk being redundant.. Cool

I think you're going to have to wait until the end of time then, Gramp.

Mixon has 4 rushing TDs of 20+ yards in his career. 2 against the Jags last year (23 and 34 yards) and 1 against the Ravens and 1 against the Raiders this year (21 and 20 yards). That's it in 5 years/1,104 carries.

He doesn't really have that big home run rushing ability.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote