Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick pass to Jake Fisher
I'm surprised nobody discussed the quick pass to Jake Fisher (he dropped it) earlier in the last game.

Is Fisher Hue Jacksons little stud this year? Seems weird to get this rookie tackle involved this way but it's pretty fun to watch. He would have gotten 10 yards and a first if he caught it.

Just another WEAPON Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 12:41 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm surprised nobody discussed the quick pass to Jake Fisher (he dropped it) earlier in the last game.

Is Fisher Hue Jacksons little stud this year? Seems weird to get this rookie tackle involved this way but it's pretty fun to watch. He would have gotten 10 yards and a first if he caught it.

Just another WEAPON Ninja

not talking about it because it didnt work... Its interesting seeing him get some TE work... he was a TE for a while i believe. but they are also using Hewitt in that role more as well.

Its likely designed to catch the D off gaurd you rarely send some one in coverage on an Offensive tackle lol
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty sure Dalton threw it low on purpose, as an intentional incompletion. Even though Fisher has decent hands, they probably didn't want him with the ball unless he was wide open, and he wasn't
Reply/Quote
We have Eif, AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Hill, and Gio.

I could do without the pass to an offensive lineman...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Peko at FB is your better bet.

I don't want the T handling the ball in space. Unless it's an endzone throw, scrub that one from the playbook.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 01:11 PM)tigershrimp Wrote: Peko at FB is your better bet.

I don't want the T handling the ball in space. Unless it's an endzone throw, scrub that one from the playbook.

His pass catch vs KC was very nice not sure why you scrub it

keep it in your back pocket maybe but hue showing it once every few games gives the Defense something extra to worry about when #74 reports eligible.
Reply/Quote
You want us to talk about a play that didnt work? Why?
Reply/Quote
I think it's worth talking about. I like the unpredictable play calling, and they only passed to Jake Fisher twice this year. 50% completion isn't too bad for an offensive lineman, and it's not like they are overdoing it. This could be just enough for defenses to pay attention to Jake Fisher for no reason
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 01:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: His pass catch vs KC was very nice not sure why you scrub it

keep it in your back pocket maybe but hue showing it once every few games gives the Defense something extra to worry about when #74 reports eligible.

(It was the Chargers game....)

Point taken. He rumbled/bumbled/stumbled for 31 yards. Still, it makes me uneasy in open space. Visions of Gresham, perhaps?
Reply/Quote
Using it now and again just gives the defense something else they have to worry about defending....
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 01:26 PM)tigershrimp Wrote: (It was the Chargers game....)

Point taken. He rumbled/bumbled/stumbled for 31 yards. Still, it makes me uneasy in open space. Visions of Gresham, perhaps?

sorry forgot which game...

But ive been waiting for another OT (offensive Tackle) TD since Whit caught one all them years ago. he adds another 6'6" target in the redzone and one that would probly go unnoticed..
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 01:21 PM)Element Wrote: You want us to talk about a play that didnt work? Why?

Same reason people talk about the Colt's fake punt fail.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 01:21 PM)Element Wrote: You want us to talk about a play that didnt work? Why?

Hilarious  Did I ruin your day or something? sheesh.

I brought it up because I found it interesting, and wasn't covered in any other thread.

With all of these weapons, I don't see a reason to get the Rookie OT involved... maybe that's why I started this thread.

Complete side note here:

What is with the hostile attitudes on this board lately. We are 6-0 sitting pretty, but people still seem agitated. Is it the fear of the first loss, or the fear that this team is a fickle illusion? I just don't get what got everyone so hostile. I think it is the lack of Dalton threads, and people need to outlet their anger in some other way.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 12:45 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: We have Eif, AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Hill, and Gio.

I could do without the pass to an offensive lineman...

It isn't so much that the other weapons aren't better options, but little things like this makes a defense accountable to covering more of the field.  They also have to think a bit more.  More area to cover, more to think about equals a slower defense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Keeps linebackers honest they have to wait for Fisher to be fully engaged as a blocker before seeking the ball carrier. It's been on tape at least twice now for other teams to see. Respect the OT or look silly.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 03:32 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: It isn't so much that the other weapons aren't better options, but little things like this makes a defense accountable to covering more of the field.  They also have to think a bit more.  More area to cover, more to think about equals a slower defense.

Right,

The more you make the defense think about the what if's the better off you are. This isn't a play they're going to run more than a few times a season. But now every time he comes in and reports eligible they have to consider what he's doing and who's going to cover him.

Win for us even if he never catches another pass.
Reply/Quote
Noting another uncommon play; I'm glad Sanu decided not to force his throw to A.J. and run to salvage that play.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 04:36 PM)Emphasis Wrote: Noting another uncommon play; I'm glad Sanu decided not to force his throw to A.J. and run to salvage that play.

Ya that was a good decision. It's good to know Sanu doesn't blindly throw it down the field. Probably explains his 100% accuracy lol.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 01:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: His pass catch vs KC was very nice not sure why you scrub it

This.

Its a legit concern for defenses and if it can keep one guy from blitzing I think its a great wrinkle.
Reply/Quote
I believe plays to Fisher go hand in hand with the formation(s) that send Whit and other linemen outside, being discussed in another thread.

There's a new rule regarding eligible receivers and/or (il)legal formations, or maybe they're just trying to enforce the existing rules, either way, these plays are cause for concern thanks to the Pats last season. The point is though, that it's been mentioned that many times unbeknownst to the television audience, a Bengal Olineman has declared himself eligible on several plays.

I think the idea behind these plays are so Andy can identify defensive assignments a little better than normal. That's not to say he has trouble doing it in a traditional way as all of his teammates can't say enough about his football IQ. And I don't think it's the sole reason for these plays as the encompassing reasoning would be take take the defense outta their comfort zone, to which it's worked to a tee. But I do believe these formations and eligible receiver plays have benefited Andy more than we may understand.

Maybe I shoulda put that last paragraph in the thread discussing these formations, but like I said, I think they're compliments to each other, essentially.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote