Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick pass to Jake Fisher
(10-22-2015, 03:22 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Hilarious  Did I ruin your day or something? sheesh.

I brought it up because I found it interesting, and wasn't covered in any other thread.

With all of these weapons, I don't see a reason to get the Rookie OT involved... maybe that's why I started this thread.

Complete side note here:

What is with the hostile attitudes on this board lately. We are 6-0 sitting pretty, but people still seem agitated. Is it the fear of the first loss, or the fear that this team is a fickle illusion? I just don't get what got everyone so hostile. I think it is the lack of Dalton threads, and people need to outlet their anger in some other way.

These hostile attitudes are a carryover from the old board. And it wouldn't surprise me if that was one of the reasons why the old board shut down - it simply was deteriorating from its peak days. And it's definitely one of the reasons why I don't participate much anymore. While there are many members here I respect and enjoy their posts, it's not that good on some days with people taking shots at each other, or throwing fits because someone doesn't completely act in accord with their opinions etc. I'm hopeful this board continues to grow, but the 'noise' needs to tone down imho.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 09:13 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: These hostile attitudes are a carryover from the old board. And it wouldn't surprise me if that was one of the reasons why the old board shut down - it simply was deteriorating from its peak days. And it's definitely one of the reasons why I don't participate much anymore. While there are many members here I respect and enjoy their posts, it's not that good on some days with people taking shots at each other, or throwing fits because someone doesn't completely act in accord with their opinions etc. I'm hopeful this board continues to grow, but the 'noise' needs to tone down imho.

WF, I respect you and have never had any issues with your opinions or anything ... Still don't. But you've gotta see the irony in this post, lol. 

I personally enjoy the different views and even the back and forth, even though I don't regularly participate in that stuff. If we were all the same it'd be a very boring existence. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 09:40 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: WF, I respect you and have never had any issues with your opinions or anything ... Still don't. But you've gotta see the irony in this post, lol. 

I personally enjoy the different views and even the back and forth, even though I don't regularly participate in that stuff. If we were all the same it'd be a very boring existence. 

Of course I see the irony, DA! Thanks for allowing me that weak moment when thoughts escape. Otherwise I'd explode  LOL
My serious criticism is against the juvenile name-calling BS. I'm with ya on the variety of views expressed. Wouldn't want any of that any other way. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 07:32 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I believe plays to Fisher go hand in hand with the formation(s) that send Whit and other linemen outside, being discussed in another thread.

There's a new rule regarding eligible receivers and/or (il)legal formations, or maybe they're just trying to enforce the existing rules, either way, these plays are cause for concern thanks to the Pats last season. The point is though, that it's been mentioned that many times unbeknownst to the television audience, a Bengal Olineman has declared himself eligible on several plays.

I think the idea behind these plays are so Andy can identify defensive assignments a little better than normal. That's not to say he has trouble doing it in a traditional way as all of his teammates can't say enough about his football IQ. And I don't think it's the sole reason for these plays as the encompassing reasoning would be take take the defense outta their comfort zone, to which it's worked to a tee. But I do believe these formations and eligible receiver plays have benefited Andy more than we may understand.

Maybe I shoulda put that last paragraph in the thread discussing these formations, but like I said, I think they're compliments to each other, essentially.

You beat me to it. On a 3rd and 2 from the 12 out of this formation, It cannot be covered. It will blow up at some point but why not use it? We love all of the other things Hugh is doing and he will add other tings that work or don't but damn it is fun to watch
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 09:13 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: These hostile attitudes are a carryover from the old board. And it wouldn't surprise me if that was one of the reasons why the old board shut down - it simply was deteriorating from its peak days. And it's definitely one of the reasons why I don't participate much anymore. While there are many members here I respect and enjoy their posts, it's not that good on some days with people taking shots at each other, or throwing fits because someone doesn't completely act in accord with their opinions etc. I'm hopeful this board continues to grow, but the 'noise' needs to tone down imho.

Yes old boards shut down because people were taking shots at each other and disagreeing with each other. Its a shame they had a smack talk board made just for this and that everyone couldnt just agree on every single thing. Sad really.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 03:22 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Hilarious  Did I ruin your day or something? sheesh.

I brought it up because I found it interesting, and wasn't covered in any other thread.

With all of these weapons, I don't see a reason to get the Rookie OT involved... maybe that's why I started this thread.

Complete side note here:

What is with the hostile attitudes on this board lately. We are 6-0 sitting pretty, but people still seem agitated. Is it the fear of the first loss, or the fear that this team is a fickle illusion? I just don't get what got everyone so hostile. I think it is the lack of Dalton threads, and people need to outlet their anger in some other way.

Dont get too emotional, I just laugh at funny threads. Next week we can talk about another play that didnt work, no issues man.
Reply/Quote
Heck, let Andre report eligible a time or two. Put a corner on that mass of humanity and let him rumble like Fat Albert ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 11:59 PM)grampahol Wrote: Heck,  let Andre report eligible a time or two. Put a corner on that mass of humanity and let him rumble like Fat Albert ..

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote