Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glasgow vs. Price
(05-12-2018, 11:08 PM)John Shaft Wrote: Also keep in mind Billings only recently reached 22 years of age.

I have re-watched Billings' college tape, and I still can't figure out why we have seen so little from him.  Some of it is clearly the injury...at least that is what I am hoping.  A part of it is conditioning, and still another part of it is knowing his assignments.  It strikes me as so odd that he rarely gets opportunities in pass rushing downs.  I know he was billed (tee hee) as the space eater that can't be moved, but I saw him as a guy that could move any one person back in the QBs lap.  I figured with his strength pushing the pocket back would help the entire defensive line.  

A small part of me fears that he lacks drive.  I sure hope that isn't it, because I absolutely loved watching him play at Baylor.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 07:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have re-watched Billings' college tape, and I still can't figure out why we have seen so little from him.  Some of it is clearly the injury...at least that is what I am hoping.  A part of it is conditioning, and still another part of it is knowing his assignments.  It strikes me as so odd that he rarely gets opportunities in pass rushing downs.  I know he was billed (tee hee) as the space eater that can't be moved, but I saw him as a guy that could move any one person back in the QBs lap.  I figured with his strength pushing the pocket back would help the entire defensive line.  

A small part of me fears that he lacks drive.  I sure hope that isn't it, because I absolutely loved watching him play at Baylor.  

I've wondered this as well. I keep waiting to see him and Geno together pushing the interior pocket back into the QB....
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 07:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have re-watched Billings' college tape, and I still can't figure out why we have seen so little from him.  Some of it is clearly the injury...at least that is what I am hoping.  A part of it is conditioning, and still another part of it is knowing his assignments.  It strikes me as so odd that he rarely gets opportunities in pass rushing downs.  I know he was billed (tee hee) as the space eater that can't be moved, but I saw him as a guy that could move any one person back in the QBs lap.  I figured with his strength pushing the pocket back would help the entire defensive line.  

(05-13-2018, 08:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I've wondered this as well. I keep waiting to see him and Geno together pushing the interior pocket back into the QB....

With you guys, was a little perplexed last year, saw some flashes of that guy at Baylor but overall he was very inconsistent.

Hopefully he starts putting it together this year since he can really lift and get back that super strength.

Billings always just jumped off the screen at me. Geno/Wilfork hybrid but stronger than both.

Better run stopper than Geno, better pass rusher than Wilfork.
Reply/Quote
Billings is going to get two years to prove himself. He's very young. Heck, he's the same age as some of the people who were drafted this year.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 10:46 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Billings is going to get two years to prove himself. He's very young. Heck, he's the same age as some of the people who were drafted this year.

And it seems DT is probably one of the toughest positions to make an impact right away.  
Reply/Quote

They do like to slide MJ inside on passing downs...  which probly lowers Billings chances of getting on the field.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 07:28 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think Billings will do really well this year. Hes a big man coming off of a MCL tear. It took Adkins almost 2 years to get back to what he used to be (NOT saying Billings will be as good as Atkins), so this is my make or break year for him. I thought he was playing a lot better towards the end of last year too.

Meniscus tear I think.  Perfect recovery is not a foregone conclusion.   I think bad ones end up resulting in micro-fracture surgery.

Hopefully that is not the case.  And hopefully he lives up to all the hype and film I swallowed whole  Whatever
Reply/Quote
Billings......First seven games of the season Billings only played a TOTAL of 59 snaps on defense. Last 8 games (he did not play game #15) he played 275 snaps. Billings played at least 40% of the snaps in 6 of his last 8 games and he played over half of the defensive snaps in 4 of those games.

For the season Billings played 334 defensive snaps. Glasgow played 412 snaps on defense and another 170 on special teams. But Glasgow and Billings do not play the same tackle position.
Reply/Quote

He needs to lose 15 to 20 pounds at least. I think he is more a 3T need than a so called Nose. I say that as a good thing because it is the more important position.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2018, 01:24 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He needs to lose 15 to 20 pounds at least. I think he is more a 3T need than a so called Nose. I say that as a good thing because it is the more important position.

Who is going to play the NT? Glasgow?  The rookie, Brown?  Josh Topou would be a good choice in rushing downs, but I would like to see a rotation of Billings and Glasgow while easing in the rookie.  We need a solid run stuffer that doesn't have to be Geno, but isn't a complete dud in pass rush situations.  

I think Glasgow's lunch-pail work ethic and mentality will give him the edge coming in to this season, but as so many have said, if Billings shows what we all think he is capable of the entire defensive front four will make huge strides.  
Reply/Quote