Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(10-21-2020, 10:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: He's been injured most of the year

Is he good enough to be an improvement next year? Maybe sign him for the long term. Idk bout the guy so not sure if worth the money.
Reply/Quote
I'd definitely bring him in. Something needs to be done with the interior OL to keep Burrow from dying.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 12:02 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Is he good enough to be an improvement next year? Maybe sign him for the long term. Idk bout the guy so not sure if worth the money.

Spain would be good insurance to reduce a need. The Bengals could still draft an OL high but wouldn't have to start that draft pick immediately.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 12:45 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: First rumors I’m seeing are the Bears and the Eagles are interested.

The Bills GM explained the move with some details. Said he was cut because he wanted to be a starter and they didn’t plan on him being a starter anymore with Winters and Feliciano as the starters.

I read that too. They released him so he could try to find a team to start on. Sounds like a mutual thing.

I would love to bring him in, but I dont have any faith in Turner making a case for doing it. He seems to love his guys even though they cant block very good.
Reply/Quote
Equally as noteworthy as Spain giving up 0 sacks last year, he's averaged only about 3 penalties/season, over the duration of his career.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Feel like I've been saying this for about 5 plus years....but I'll take any warm body at this point.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 12:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Equally as noteworthy as Spain giving up 0 sacks last year, he's averaged only about 3 penalties/season, over the duration of his career.

Exact opposite of Redmond eh? I like. Bring him in already.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 02:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Exact opposite of Redmond eh? I like. Bring him in already.

I think that is the unanimous opinion around here.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Zero percent chance we give him a look, same old same old. Excited to see him in a Bears jersey though, I live in Chicago and loath the Bears.
Reply/Quote
They should consider themselves lucky that a guy who is above average even became randomly available. Seriously promise instant start, pay what he wants within reason with a "prove it" for the rest of the year for a nice extension. Saves us a draft pick if he pans out. Short of trading for a guy before the deadline, this is likely the only guy that's going to be available before offseason. If they don't make an attempt it proves they don't give a damn. This is a literal gift if they can convince him to come here. $ talks.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 02:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that is the unanimous opinion around here.

Wish the FO and coaches were of the same opinion...
Reply/Quote
If ZT wanted to win they would be making this guy an offer asap. Its blatantly obvious that OG is the weakest link on the entire team. They should be scouring the earth to find a better one.

If we had Quinton Spain, and then got Sua-Filo back from injury, we might have something that resembles an OL, even with Bobby Fart at RT. I see no way Spain could be worse than Jordan or Redmond.
Reply/Quote
Report: Quinton Spain visiting, likely to sign with Bengals

Josh Alper
12 mins ago

The Bengals may be getting some veteran offensive line help.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reported on Sunday that former Bills and Titans guard Quinton Spain would visit with the team. Tyler Dragon of the Cincinnati Enquirer reported Monday that Spain is expected to sign with the team assuming all goes well with that meeting and COVID-19 protocols.

The Bills released Spain last week after signing him to a three-year, $15 million contract during the offseason. He had been a starter with the team last year, but took on a reserve role in Buffalo this season before being let go.

Cincinnati’s line has struggled to protect quarterback Joe Burrow all year and they had three linemen go down with injuries in Sunday’s loss to the Browns. Left tackle Jonah Williams has a neck injury, center Trey Hopkins is in the concussion protocol and right tackle Bobby Hart hurt his knee. Guard Xavier Su’a-Filo was already on injured reserve, so a healthy, experienced player would be a welcome addition to the group.

Categories: Cincinnati Bengals, Home, Rumor Mill

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/27/report-quinton-spain-visiting-likely-to-sign-with-bengals/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 01:51 AM)bengaloo Wrote: If ZT wanted to win they would be making this guy an offer asap. Its blatantly obvious that OG is the weakest link on the entire team. They should be scouring the earth to find a better one.

If we had Quinton Spain, and then got Sua-Filo back from injury, we might have something that resembles an OL, even with Bobby Fart at RT. I see no way Spain could be worse than Jordan or Redmond.

Good news Bengaloo. Agree, with bringing in Spain and Finney and if XSF comes back soon we could be much better on the 
inside which is our biggest weakness. Hart actually hasn't been too bad this season and continues to improve. Not saying we 
are good at RT but Hart might be a good backup RT and Guard for us in the future.

(10-27-2020, 08:28 AM)LebanonFan Wrote: Report: Quinton Spain visiting, likely to sign with Bengals

Josh Alper
12 mins ago

The Bengals may be getting some veteran offensive line help.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reported on Sunday that former Bills and Titans guard Quinton Spain would visit with the team. Tyler Dragon of the Cincinnati Enquirer reported Monday that Spain is expected to sign with the team assuming all goes well with that meeting and COVID-19 protocols.

The Bills released Spain last week after signing him to a three-year, $15 million contract during the offseason. He had been a starter with the team last year, but took on a reserve role in Buffalo this season before being let go.

Cincinnati’s line has struggled to protect quarterback Joe Burrow all year and they had three linemen go down with injuries in Sunday’s loss to the Browns. Left tackle Jonah Williams has a neck injury, center Trey Hopkins is in the concussion protocol and right tackle Bobby Hart hurt his knee. Guard Xavier Su’a-Filo was already on injured reserve, so a healthy, experienced player would be a welcome addition to the group.

Categories: Cincinnati Bengals, Home, Rumor Mill

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/27/report-quinton-spain-visiting-likely-to-sign-with-bengals/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Happy the FO and coaches were of the same opinion...
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 04:33 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: Zero percent chance we give him a look, same old same old. Excited to see him in a Bears jersey though, I live in Chicago and loath the Bears.

Well that didn't age well.....
Reply/Quote