Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quinton Spain revisited
His tweet of the city is the talk of the preseason opener thread in light of the OL play. He must be humbled regardless of his attitude after the SB. What would it cost to hand him a new jersey....and is it the right move? I think a plug and play starter at LG or more likely 6th man is a need.

Brown and Rieff got some descent money from desperate teams. He came in off the street from Buffalo and held his own at tackle remember. I don't think you find a better value at this point unless they've totally soured on him.
Reply/Quote
I don't think he is healthy. I have not heard a single rumor about any team looking at him.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 03:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think he is healthy. I have not heard a single rumor about any team looking at him.

You say this all the time but there’s plenty of ok o-linemen still on the free agent market who aren’t hurt.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 04:46 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You say this all the time but there’s plenty of ok o-linemen still on the free agent market who aren’t hurt.

Yes, and I hear rumors about teams being interested in many of them.

But nothing on Spain.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 09:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes, and I hear rumors about teams being interested in many of them.

But nothing on Spain.

With all the IOL injuries this week, I bet there will be a run on Spain and others tomorrow.  Heck, Billy Price is still available I think.
Reply/Quote
I'm not a big fan of Spain but he is better than Carman and Volson.

Bringing back Spain would help but I would rather the Bengals sign Tretter and move Karras back to guard.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 11:57 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I'm not a big fan of Spain but he is better than Carman and Volson.

Bringing back Spain would help but I would rather the Bengals sign Tretter and move Karras back to guard.

Last night was a sign that Volson is not ready to handle starting duties at an average-or-better level.
Those stunts by Wink gave him quite a few fits.
I'm with you in the "bring back Spain" camp.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 11:57 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I'm not a big fan of Spain but he is better than Carman and Volson.

Tretter's knees and ankle must be shot.  He didnt practice the last half of last season, not sure we can take that kind of chance with him being brand new.  It would seem the only team he could play without practice is back to the clown show.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 07:52 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Tretter's knees and ankle must be shot.  He didnt practice the last half of last season, not sure we can take that kind of chance with him being brand new.  It would seem the only team he could play without practice is back to the clown show.

Tretter did not practice at all last season. His knees are completely shot. 
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 01:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Tretter did not practice at all last season. His knees are completely shot. 

I talk to his dad on twitter, he played through quite a bit of pain last season, not sure what he has left...

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 02:47 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I talk to his dad on twitter, he played through quite a bit of pain last season, not sure what he has left...

Nothing, nada..... but people seem to hold onto hope of signing him like he's what he used to be. He did not practice at all last season just to get through the games. He has nothing left in the tank. He's not getting signed here or anywhere. If he had anything left he would be on a team by now, we're getting ready to start the season.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 10:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Nothing, nada..... but people seem to hold onto hope of signing him like he's what he used to be. He did not practice at all last season just to get through the games. He has nothing left in the tank. He's not getting signed here or anywhere. If he had anything left he would be on a team by now, we're getting ready to start the season.

I don't necessarily disagree on this in terms of Spain, but the "signed by now" thing is misleading. A lot of vets with question marks won't be signed at this point until after week 1 as to not fully guarantee their contract for the year.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 10:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Nothing, nada..... but people seem to hold onto hope of signing him like he's what he used to be. He did not practice at all last season just to get through the games. He has nothing left in the tank. He's not getting signed here or anywhere. If he had anything left he would be on a team by now, we're getting ready to start the season.

Remember when the Bengals would sign a washed-up big name LB like AJ Hawk or James Harrison, and many of the fans would think that the team was going to be better because of it?  Yeah, pass on Tretter..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He retired....
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 10:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He retired....

Yep you and I were right all along. The Tretter hype was just that, his knees are shot.
Reply/Quote