No
37.93%
11 37.93%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quinton Spain
Spain has been by far the best interior lineman on the team since he came here. And he actually did play LG - he came in to replace Shaq Calhoun when Calhoun whiffed on his first snap on offense and once he did the whole left side got better because Jonah could concentrate on Tackle for once.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Spain showed just enough athleticism to be serviceable at RT, and typically you want your more athletic Guard at LG. I don't know why the coaching staff has been so afraid to play him where he has served most of his NFL career. So yes, I think that he should be given the opportunity to be that "bridge to the next" player at LG.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 10:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Spain showed just enough athleticism to be serviceable at RT, and typically you want your more athletic Guard at LG.  I don't know why the coaching staff has been so afraid to play him where he has served most of his NFL career.  So yes, I think that he should be given the opportunity to be that "bridge to the next" player at LG.

Because he has been needed elsewhere....
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 09:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Because he has been needed elsewhere....

Aside from being the only option at RT for a game, there has been no reason not to have him at LG.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yes keep him , put him at LG for the rest of the way although its annoying that even then we don't get to see the left side with him and Jonah now.
Reply/Quote
As an FYI, the play against Miami where the dude ran right through the line and sacked the QB people were blaming on Hart was on Spain. He has actually been pretty awful, and if we have no other options I guess would be the call but I'd rather put a 5th round rookie in over him.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 10:15 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Aside from being the only option at RT for a game, there has been no reason not to have him at LG.

He had to play RG when Redmond couldn't with his bicep injury. XFS wasn't back yet. Which is why Jordan was at LG
Reply/Quote
Spain is fine for now, but if we can find an upgrade I'd be happy with it. Williams, Hopkins, Sewell, Spain, and a Free Agent on the line would make me feel a lot better.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 04:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He had to play RG when Redmond couldn't with his bicep injury. XFS wasn't back yet. Which is why Jordan was at LG

I get that part, but why not activate and use BJ Finney?  I just can't understand why the coaching staff was/is so in love with Mike Jordan playing LG.  He's not developing, not improving.  If anything, he's regressing.

If you had a truck with a flat tire, would you continue to drive around on the flat, or would you put the perfectly fine spare on?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yes, just quit moving the guy around and he will start to play well.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 10:45 AM)Au165 Wrote: As an FYI, the play against Miami where the dude ran right through the line and sacked the QB people were blaming on Hart was on Spain. He has actually been pretty awful, and if we have no other options I guess would be the call but I'd rather put a 5th round rookie in over him.

It must be bad if you're wanting to play a DE at G instead of him....
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 10:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Spain should be the starting RG or LG next year depending on if we sign Thuney (doubtful) and where he would play.

hard to say and also to add I think its a long shot we get Thuney and BTW, I havent heard anything from Bengals that they are even interested in this guy?  Sounds like a wishlist item that went viral.
Lets just draft France to go next to Spain and go after Italy and  Greece in FA

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 06:04 PM)TJHoushmandzadehs Shiny Shoes Wrote: It must be bad if you're wanting to play a DE at G instead of him....

You asked if he is the answer next year...to which I’m saying I’d play a random day 3 rookie we take over him (5th was just hyperbole).
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 05:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I get that part, but why not activate and use BJ Finney?  I just can't understand why the coaching staff was/is so in love with Mike Jordan playing LG.  He's not developing, not improving.  If anything, he's regressing.

If you had a truck with a flat tire, would you continue to drive around on the flat, or would you put the perfectly fine spare on?

I have been waiting to see what Finney brings to the table, but hasn't he been on the covid list pretty much since he got here?
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 09:08 PM)Au165 Wrote: You asked if he is the answer next year...to which I’m saying I’d play a random day 3 rookie we take over him (5th was just hyperbole).

Ah, I got you.

(12-11-2020, 10:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I have been waiting to see what Finney brings to the table, but hasn't he been on the covid list pretty much since he got here?

I think he was mainly chucked in to balance out the financial equation.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 10:45 AM)Au165 Wrote: As an FYI, the play against Miami where the dude ran right through the line and sacked the QB people were blaming on Hart was on Spain. He has actually been pretty awful, and if we have no other options I guess would be the call but I'd rather put a 5th round rookie in over him.

Yeah, I don't know what people see in the guy. A team in the middle of a playoff push didn't even want him as a depth piece.  We're going to then sign him and pencil him in as a starter next year?  Interest in him was so low that he literally took a PS squad deal to come here.  With the lack of quality OL in the league, 6 year vets that are even average starters are not getting cut mid season and signing PS deals.  

This would be a classic "typical Bengals" bargain bin FA if it happened in the off-season.   
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 11:32 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: I think he was mainly chucked in to balance out the financial equation.

Still would like to see the guy play some...
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 12:25 PM)Whatever Wrote: Yeah, I don't know what people see in the guy. A team in the middle of a playoff push didn't even want him as a depth piece.  We're going to then sign him and pencil him in as a starter next year?  Interest in him was so low that he literally took a PS squad deal to come here.  With the lack of quality OL in the league, 6 year vets that are even average starters are not getting cut mid season and signing PS deals.  

This would be a classic "typical Bengals" bargain bin FA if it happened in the off-season.   

Spain didn't give up a sack last season and has seasons without giving up a sack. He came in here off the street and played well.

He is a proven O-lineman in the NFL unlike MJ or the penalty machine.

Spain was bound to have some trouble coming here with Turner coaching him and moving him all around the place.

Spain is a hell of a lot better than MJ and Redmond. Get rid of those guys and replace them. Keep Spain is my vote.

Give him another coach. Add to the OL with proven and talented players.
Reply/Quote