Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quit deferring the opening KO!
(11-26-2018, 02:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think they defer it because it takes a series or two for our offense to get cranking. If they go out there and go 3 and out, then not only have they set a bad tone for the game, they don't get the ball to start the 2nd half, which in and of itself  can be a huge momentum changer.

Unfortunately, it takes the defense 5-6 quarters to get cranking too. Too bad there are only 4 quarters in a game, eh?  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 02:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I honestly don't believe this team knows how to cater/change a game plan based on the strengths of its personnel.
They really seem to try to just put whichever player(s) into the planned scheme regardless of who that player is.
Not all players are interchangeable.

Bingo. They're like their owner.....my way, or no way at all.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
They should boycott the opening kickoff entirely. Start the second half tied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 02:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: My theory: I think Eifert drew some focus from defenses early in the year, then losing him hurt. But the main thing is our offensive line is bad so Lazor called plays to hide it. Early in the year that worked, then defenses got tape on us and it was fairly easy to stop.

So he didn't adjust and we couldn't adjust because the line was so bad. We can't just get physical and run the ball. Take away the passing game and we're done.

Even when the offense was rolling in some 1st halfs...how many times did we come out and score 3 in the entire 2nd half? It's not like the opponent's personnel got better.

A bunch.

Interesting take on Eifert.....I agree, but I think it goes even further than that.  Lazor's O looked really good the first few weeks.  I remember reading an article talking about his desire to incorporate the TE a lot in his scheme.  Which, going in, was a brilliant way to look at it with Eifert, Kroft, and Uzomah out there.  I can recall formations with all of them on the field at the same time.  That kinda blew up in his face, didn't it?  I think we're really missing Kroft more than we think.  I mean, I know we miss Eifert, but we're used to that.....but now, it's CJ and two practice squad guys.  Having said that, it's up to the OC to think of ways to overcome that.  He hasn't done that so far.

Think of it like this.....he could easily mask the line shortcomings by having CJ in as the HB, and the two Tylers out in the passing game.  Uzo could lead block, protect, allowing Mixon to run a route, or run a route himself, while having the other two to block, chip, and run routes too.  I hate excuses, but injuries really have derailed this season.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 01:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: This is what I was driving at.  We just don't scheme well enough it seems.  Is it a byproduct of a bad coordinator, a bad line dictating what you can and can't do, or both?

Its embarrassing the level of professional sports in Cincinnati. The Reds have been a non-factor since Cueto and they try to pass it off as some kind of process as the Cards, Brewers , Cubs and even the Pirates make trades and go for it. We have the worst management/owner combo in pro sports.

Then you have the Bengals who keep doing the same, stale bull shit over and over. It reminds you of the woman everyone knows that stays with her abusive, alcoholic husband and is just waiting for him to change when everyone around her knows that it is hopeless. 

I remember in 1990-1991 that I thought that Cincy sports were the center of the Universe. The Reds coming off a World Series. The Bengals just 2 years removed from the SuperBowl and kicking the crap out of the Oilers before finally losing to the Raiders. Who knew that would be the last time a playoff win of any kind would be won. 
Reply/Quote