Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R-E-L-A-X
I was hesitant to come on these boards after last night. Somehow I knew people would be talking about the 8-1 Bengals like they were 3-6.

We don't need to make excuses. We lost. We didn't play well on offense. Penalties and drops were the story of the game. Dalton did what he could, and missed a few throws. The overthrow on the deep ball has been rare this year.. not sure he even saw Joseph.

If you think about it, the Texans had a pretty good deal. They got a bye week in which the team they were going against after the bye played Thursday night. That means they had an extra 3 days to dissect the most recent film on our offense. They did a good job. Their corners played a hell of a game. The Texans D was supposed to be one of the best defenses in the league this year, and they showed it last night.

While its unfortunate we lost to the Texans on, heaven forbid, a primetime stage, its not the end of the season.

When we win, they say we need to do it in the playoffs, and the wins don't matter. The same goes for when we lose... it doesn't matter until the playoffs.

Brush this loss off, move on, and lets get to the playoffs... regular season wins don't matter to Bengal detractors, and regular season losses shouldn't either.

The good news is we are still easily the 2nd seed in the AFC. Let's face it, to get to the superbowl we will need to win a game at home, and win a game in Foxboro, there just isn't any other way.
Reply/Quote
Well said. I get the frustration of losing to a poor team on a big stage, but ultimately I only care about the playoffs. If they get a BYE and win a playoff game, I won't care that they lost to the Texans in November.

We're still in great shape. The Pats nearly lost to the shitty Giants. They were outplayed. The Packers have lost 3 straight. The Broncos 2 straight and their QB situation is a mess. Even the Cards have lost 2 games.

I wonder how all these teams looked during these losses? Not good, I'm sure. Had the Bengals not won convincingly in prime time last week, I'd be bitching myself, but they're .500 in prime time this year and still in the driver's seat for a BYE. 

It's too early to *****. If they fade down the stretch and lose in the playoffs, let 'er rip. For now? R-E-L-A-X.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Last nights loss was a big deal. No way around it. It was one of the more winnable games left on our schedule and does some damage in regards to getting the overall 1 seed or 2 seed.

It sucks, but it happened. I actually called that they were going to lose this game because they were due for a let down. Oh well, move on and if we win this week then all is good.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 04:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Last nights loss was a big deal. No way around it. It was one of the more winnable games left on our schedule and does some damage in regards to getting the overall 1 seed or 2 seed.

It sucks, but it happened. I actually called that they were going to lose this game because they were due for a let down. Oh well, move on and if we win this week then all is good.

I think most of us have @Arizona as a loss, so if they win, all is good.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:52 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I was hesitant to come on these boards after last night. Somehow I knew people would be talking about the 8-1 Bengals like they were 3-6.

We don't need to make excuses. We lost. We didn't play well on offense. Penalties and drops were the story of the game. Dalton did what he could, and missed a few throws. The overthrow on the deep ball has been rare this year.. not sure he even saw Joseph.

If you think about it, the Texans had a pretty good deal. They got a bye week in which the team they were going against after the bye played Thursday night. That means they had an extra 3 days to dissect the most recent film on our offense. They did a good job. Their corners played a hell of a game. The Texans D was supposed to be one of the best defenses in the league this year, and they showed it last night.

While its unfortunate we lost to the Texans on, heaven forbid, a primetime stage, its not the end of the season.

When we win, they say we need to do it in the playoffs, and the wins don't matter. The same goes for when we lose... it doesn't matter until the playoffs.

Brush this loss off, move on, and lets get to the playoffs... regular season wins don't matter to Bengal detractors, and regular season losses shouldn't either.

The good news is we are still easily the 2nd seed in the AFC. Let's face it, to get to the superbowl we will need to win a game at home, and win a game in Foxboro, there just isn't any other way.
Exactly...  Great Post geeezz some of these people need to exit..  Honestly.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 04:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think most of us have @Arizona as a loss, so if they win, all is good.

They cannot afford a loss to Arizona.  That would be two in a row and could potentially be a big blow towards getting a bye.  They really need to rebound next week for the playoff seeding and also for their confidence.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 04:33 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: They cannot afford a loss to Arizona.  That would be two in a row and could potentially be a big blow towards getting a bye.  They really need to rebound next week for the playoff seeding and also for their confidence.

Not to mention if Pittsburgh keeps winning, and they beat us at home, then everything goes to shit. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 04:33 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: They cannot afford a loss to Arizona.  That would be two in a row and could potentially be a big blow towards getting a bye.  They really need to rebound next week for the playoff seeding and also for their confidence.

Technically, they can. At 8-2, they'd still be in the lead. Who is going to take that BYE from them? Brock Osweiler's fading Broncos?

While I'll admit that they're running out of cushion and they need to bounce back for their confidence, I don't see how the Cards game is an absolute must win in order to get a BYE. 

Now if we're talking home field throughout? Absolutely this is a must win.
Reply/Quote
14 NFL games last week....11 underdogs won..it was a weird and wacky weekend...only teams to win that were favored were the Patriots, Panthers, and Steelers. The Cards were picked to lose in Seattle.

Defense played a good game. Offense looked like they had a collective case of food poisoning. History shows us that this team usually backs up a poor performance with a good one (remember Cleveland then New Orleans last year)

We got a loss out of the way...lets start a new win streak that will takes us to end the season with 10 straight

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Wheres the Frankie Goes To Hollywood video when you need it!
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 08:42 PM)GodFather Wrote: Wheres the Frankie Goes To Hollywood video when you need it!

Reply/Quote
I was more upset at the way we played once again on the primetime stage. I wasn't happy that we lost, but I can handle that more than the sloppy play and terrible coaching. I know others have said this in other threads, but this may end up being good if it wakes them up. Maybe they'll see they need to keep busting their butts and can't coast to a win or the playoffs.

I'd like to think that we are going to come out and really put it to Arizona, but I doubt that will happen. Hopefully I'm wrong, they are fired up after Monday's performance, and they come out and get back to what they are capable of doing.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote