Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the defense
How can this unit be this bad? We have what 6 pro bowl caliber players on it Dunlap, Atkins, Lawson, Vontaz, William Jackson, and Dennard. They Give up 87% completion and 10 yards per attempt against Chase Keenum today and half of those throws there was  know one near the WR or RB or TE. Honestly people talk about how bad of a coach Alexander is but what about Guenther? Alexander has nothing to work with what's Guenther excuse?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Umm, Burfict, THE QB OF THE DEFENSE, was OUT today.
Combined with the obvious "quit" of this team... it showed.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 07:23 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: How can this unit be this bad? We have what 6 pro bowl caliber players on it Dunlap, Atkins, Lawson, Vontaz, William Jackson, and Dennard. They Give up 87% completion and 10 yards per attempt against Chase Keenum today and half of those throws there was  know one near the WR or RB or TE. Honestly people talk about how bad of a coach Alexander is but what about Guenther? Alexander has nothing to work with what's Guenther excuse?

Yes, they've been awful the last two weeks.  They did have five starters out, also since when are Lawson, Jackson and Dennard pro bowl caliber?  They could be in the near future but not yet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 07:44 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Umm, Burfict, THE QB OF THE DEFENSE, was OUT today.
Combined with the obvious "quit" of this team... it showed.

The defense has pretty much stunk for the last 9 weeks.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 08:02 PM)Ctfan73 Wrote: Yes, they've been awful the last two weeks.  They did have five starters out, also since when are Lawson, Jackson and Dennard pro bowl caliber?  They could be in the near future but not yet.

Lawson leads the rookies in sacks, Jackson has been outstanding, and Dennard is questionable but he looks like a pro bowler based of my opinion on the eye test.
J24

Reply/Quote
Our quality LB’s are Burfict and Burfict.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
This team has checked out. Both sides of the ball.. Once this happens there's no hope for any coach no matter what.. 

In other news both Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis have divorced their wives and will remarry each others ex wives..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 07:23 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: How can this unit be this bad? We have what 6 pro bowl caliber players on it Dunlap, Atkins, Lawson, Vontaz, William Jackson, and Dennard. They Give up 87% completion and 10 yards per attempt against Chase Keenum today and half of those throws there was  know one near the WR or RB or TE. Honestly people talk about how bad of a coach Alexander is but what about Guenther? Alexander has nothing to work with what's Guenther excuse?

If you're looking for an excuse; there are many.

In the first Quarter, their QB throws a pick 6, then the O turns it over on downs. Minny gains 3 yards and scores.

They are depleted in the back 7 and Geno is recovering from injury. They called me at halftime to see if I could play LB.

Your offense has about 250 total yards in the game and gives the opponents 10 points in the 1st quarter.

Surprised they did as well as they did; all things considered. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 08:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you're looking for an excuse; there are many.

In the first Quarter, their QB throws a pick 6, then the O turns it over on downs. Minny gains 3 yards and scores.

They are depleted in the back 7 and Geno is recovering from injury. They called me at halftime to see if I could play LB.

Your offense has about 250 total yards in the game and gives the opponents 10 points in the 1st quarter.

Yessir. The offense was so bad I almost felt like I was being pranked. Or maybe the third part of that “can you see me” movie set... because it was just awful.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 08:39 PM)Utts Wrote: Our quality LB’s are Burfict and Burfict.

Once you take into account games missed, our quality LBs are Burf.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 08:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you're looking for an excuse; there are many.

The offense sucks point taken but it still doesn't excuse the defenses performance. By the way Geno had two sacks today and multiple stops, Lbers ok but they've missed Vontaz before and were not this bad, the defense gave up 10 yards per pass attempt and 87% to chase Keenum. No matter how you slice it that's inexcusable.
J24

Reply/Quote
The Defense kept seeing the Offense getting 3 and outs and got fed up.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 01:07 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: The Defense kept seeing the Offense getting 3 and outs and got fed up.

Finally! It only took them 4 years. 
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
There are multiple culprits. Safety play has been horrendous all year long. DreK has been a joke almost on the level of Rod Jones. Plus all of our secondary are better suited to press man coverage but Guenther plays them in a soft zone instead. Add in Billings not developing as hoped and their insistence on playing a well past his prime MJ and you see the results.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 01:07 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: The Defense kept seeing the Offense getting 3 and outs and got fed up.

What's the excuse for the first drive? They gave up a first down on what a 2nd and 20? Also your playing the Vikings you know there defense is going to bring it as a defense isn't it your job to match the play of them?
J24

Reply/Quote