Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
R.I.P. Team Sewell
(09-12-2021, 08:11 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Rogers and his diva attitude 133 yards and 2 Ints.  I used to like the guy as a player but he has really turned into a turd.  I imagine he will bounce back but it good to see him get humbled after the off season drama he facilitated.  

The guy has been a bag o' douche his whole career.  He started the championship belt celebration before he was a champion....swagger? I think he was a real turd his whole life, but meh...it's football not a popularity contest. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:08 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: ....

How about the offensive line as a whole?

It wasn’t that good

I see you are just trying to attack the offensive line for no reason. Hopkins had the worse day on the line the Tackle and Guards had solid days other than 2 early miss communications early by the left side.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:13 PM)Synric Wrote: I see you are just trying to attack the offensive line for no reason. Hopkins had the worse day on the line the Tackle and Guards had solid days other than 2 early miss communications by the left side.

“for no reason”

Ok see ya later, pal
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:11 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I’m talking about offensive line as a whole here lol

The offensive line wasn’t very good today. They’re still an issue

Did anyone say we had a good line going into this game? How would you fix it with our first round pick? Because the tackles weren't the issue 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:14 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: “for no reason”

Ok see ya later, pal

Yes you are pushing an agenda. Early the left side gave up a sack and pressure to open rushers Vigil and Everson. Outside of that other than Hopkins 1 on 1 vs Pierce the offensive line had a solid day.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:16 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Did anyone say we had a good line going into this game?

You don’t lurk here much, do you..
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:16 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Did anyone say we had a good line going into this game? How would you fix it with our first round pick? Because the tackles weren't the issue 

In all fairness, our WR corps was hardly an area so glaring that a top 5 pick had to be used on it.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Yes you are pushing an agenda. Early the left side gave up a sack and pressure to open rushers Vigil and Everson. Outside of that other than Hopkins 1 on 1 vs Pierce the offensive line had a solid day.

We have 2 very different definitions of solid

Just like we have 2 very different definitions of good movies
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness, our WR corps was hardly an area so glaring that a top 5 pick had to be used on it.

Lmao no no no everything’s repeating itself
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:19 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: We have 2 very different definitions of solid

Unless your Dennis Hopper pic is from Rivers' Edge, I'm going to have to side with Big Ern' McCracken.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:19 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: We have 2 very different definitions of solid

Movies are subjective, but Synric has forgotten more about football than most people on this board will ever know.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Yes you are pushing an agenda. Early the left side gave up a sack and pressure to open rushers Vigil and Everson. Outside of that other than Hopkins 1 on 1 vs Pierce the offensive line had a solid day.

Maybe not O-line depending on how you see it by position but second round drafted blocking TE Sample blew a block as well in a big way.  Yeah he was out matched but he totally whiffed. 

But overall I think the line did well especially for the first game of the season.  Also at least they didn't rack up massive penalties like the Vikings.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Synric has forgotten more about football than most people on this board will ever know.

Don’t insult the guy lol jesus
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Unless your Dennis Hopper pic is from Rivers' Edge, I'm going to have to side with Big Ern' McCracken.

Underrated flick. Ione Skye was a little hottie back then.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:23 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Maybe not O-line depending on how you see it by position but second round drafted blocking TE Sample blew a block as well in a big way.  Yeah he was out matched but he totally whiffed. 

But overall I think the line did well especially for the first game of the season.  Also at least they didn't rack up massive penalties like the Vikings.  

Correct.

As rusty or lack of cohesion they might have they didn't have a bunch penalties.

That is something.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Underrated flick. Ione Skye was a little hottie back then.

Crispin Glover banging a pill bottle on the counter of a fast food place to get a dude's attention is Oscar worthy. 
Reply/Quote

No doubt. Hunter is one of the best Edge players in the NFL and the only time he sniffed Burrow was when we decided to have Sample block him. Hopkins got used by Pierce twice and the RBs missed a couple blitz pick ups. But the pocket was there for Joe and the running game was clicking
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, Jonah and Reiff both played well. That’s the only thing I find annoying about pinning for a different OT right now.

*pining, the word you are looking for is pining.  As in, longing for, yearning for, wanting..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt. Hunter is one of the best Edge players in the NFL and the only time he sniffed Burrow was when we decided to have Sample block him. Hopkins got used by Pierce twice and the RBs missed a couple blitz pick ups. But the pocket was there for Joe and the running game was clicking

Yep! Aside from Hopkins getting juked twice by Pierce the line did its job. The other sacks were on a) The silly idea of blocking an elite DE with a TE and b) We had two plays were the back missed the blocking assignment. Burrow had a clean pocket the vast majority of the time and Mixon had some room to run. And this was with Hopkins in particular being very rusty because ZT only had the first team offense play three snaps all preseason. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: *pining, the word you are looking for is pining.  As in, longing for, yearning for, wanting..

Ok grammar police.

I’ll be sure to correct you next time you mess up whether/weather. Tongue

Reply/Quote