Poll: Where's The Edge
1-5
6-10
11-17
18-24
25-32
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RANK OUR EDGE (2024)
Went 1-5. I’m having a hard time seeing a top 3 better than ours.
Reply/Quote
I feel like Trey was doing it all himself last year. This year should be better with Hubbard healthy and assuming Murphy progresses. That said, we're just one Trey Hendrickson injury away from being really, really bad.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 07:12 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: I feel like Trey was doing it all himself last year. This year should be better with Hubbard healthy and assuming Murphy progresses. That said, we're just one Trey Hendrickson injury away from being really, really bad.

Instead of one legged Hubbard and a raw rookie, we upgrade to a healthy Hubbard and the second-year leap version of Murphy.  I think we could win a game if Ossai and Sample had to start. And we have at least three more behind them with the talent to compete for a roster spot.
Reply/Quote
Not as much edge as when we had Burfict... But i think we will have a strong edge again this year.
Reply/Quote
I go middle of the pack. Both starters' strength is the other's weakness. If one was a complete player, that would change things. Hubbard is, or is close to elite at playing the run and a decent pass rusher. Hendrickson is an elite pass rusher that leaves some to be desired in the run game. The big question mark is the depth. That's what makes this unit in the 11-17 range for me.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2024, 11:14 AM)Joelist Wrote: Our EDGE is okay. Trey is the big rusher and Sam is a high level run defender and all around DE. you could see Murphy grow as the season went on and Sample and Ossai are sound reserves. What can make our EDGE look better would be actually getting pass rush from the interior, and Rankins is a boost in that.

That's a good point.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2024, 05:31 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Went 1-5. I’m having a hard time seeing a top 3 better than ours.

Then you might need to get some glasses. There are two teams just in our division that have better edges than we do. Not ranked in order, but it was pretty easy to find at least 12 teams that have pretty clearly better edges than us. 

1) Myles Garret, Ogbo Okorownkwo, ZadariusSmith
2) Micah Parsons Demarcis Williams, Sam Williams
3) Rashawn Gary, Lukas Van Ness, Preston Smith
4)Will Anderson, Danielle Hunter, Derek Barnett
5) Kwitty Pate, Laitatu Latu, Samson Ebukam, Dayo Odeyingbo
6)Josh Allen, Travon Walker
7) Joey Bosa, Khalil Mack, Tuli Tuipultu, Bud Dupree
8)Jaelen Phillips, Bradley Chub, Shaw Berrett
9) Brian Burns, Kayvon Thibodeau, Azeez Ojuiari, 
10) Jermaine Johnson, Hasson Reddick, Michael Clemons, Will Mcdonald
11) TJ Watt, Alex Highsmith, Herbig
12)Leonard Floyd, Nick Bosa, Yetur Gross-Matos