Poll: WHERE WE RANK
1-5 (ELITE GROUP)
6-12 (TOP 1/3 OF THE NFL)
13-19 (MIDDLE OF THE PACK)
20-20-26 (A WEAKNESS OF THE TEAM)
27-32 (WE'RE GARBAGE)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RANK OUR RBs (2023)
One of the many things I do each year is a series of threads where we rank out position groups against the rest of the NFL. The time has come to kick off the 2023 series and we'll start with our RBs: So, where you got Mix, Tray, and Chase compared to the rest of the league?

As always, the competition:

ATL: BIJAN ROBINSON-TYLER ALIGEIER-CORDARRELLE PATTERSON
ARZ: JAMES CONNER-KEONTAY INGRAM-COREY CLEMENT
BAL: JK DOBBINS-GUS EDWARDS-JUSTICE HILL
BUF: JAMES COOK-DAMIEN HARRIS-LATAVIUS MURRAY
CAR: MILES SANDERS-CHUBA HUBBARD-RAHEEM BLACKSHEAR
CHI: D’ONTA FOREMAN-KHALIL HERBERT-ROSCHON JOHNSON
CLV: NICK CHUBB-JEROME FORD-DEMETRIC FELTON
DAL: TONY POLLARD-MALIK DAVIS-RONALD JONES
DEN: JAVONTE WILLIAMS-SAMAJIE PERINE-TONY JONES JR
DET: JAHMYR GIBBS-DAVID MONTGOMERY-CRAIG REYNOLDS
GBP: AARON JONES-AJ DILLON-PATRICK TURNER
HOU: DAMEON PIERCE-DEVIN SINGLETARY-MIKE BOONE
IND: JONATHAN TAYLOR-ZACK MOSS-DEON JACKSON
JAX: TRAVIS ETIENNE-TANK BIGSBY-LAMYCAL HASTY
KCC: ISIAH PACHECO-JERICK MCKINNON-CLYDE EDWARDS HELAIRE
LVR: JOSH JACOBS-ZAMIR WHITE-AMEER ABDULLAH
LAC: AUSTIN ECKLER-JOSHUA KELLEY-ISIAH SPILLER
LAR: CAM AKERS-SONY MICHEAL-KYREN WILLIAMS
MIA: RAHEEM MOSTART-JEFF WILSON-DEVON ACHANE
MIN: ALEXANDER MATTISON-TY CHANDLER-DEWAYNE MCBRIDE
NEP: RHAMONDRE STEVENSON-PIERRE STRONG-TY MONTGOMERY
NOS: ALVIN KAMARA-JAMAAL WILLIAMS-KENDRE MILLER
NYG: SAQUON BARKLEY-MATT BREDIA-ERIC GRAY
NYJ: BREECE HALL-MICHAEL CARTER-ISRAEL ABANIKANDA
PHI: D’ANDRE SWIFT-RASHAD PENNY-KENNETH GAINWELL
PIT: NAJEE HARRIS-JAYLEN WARREN-ANTHONY MCFARLAND
SFF: CHRISTIAN MCCAFFEREY-ELIJAH MITCHELL-KYLE JUSZCZYK
SEA: KENNETH WALKER-ZACH CHARBONNET-DEEJAY DALLAS
TBB: RACHAAD WHITE-CHASE EDMONDS-KESHAWN VAUGHN
TEN: DERRICK HENRY-TYJAE SPEARS-HASSAN HASKINS
WAS: BRIAN ROBINSON-ANTONIO GIBSON-CHRIS RODRIGUEZ

NOTABLE FAs: ZEKE ELLIOTT-DALVIN COOK-LEONARD FOURNETTE-KAREEM HUNT
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Something new we can try this year: After you post/vote list who you feel is top 3 in the NFL:
ATL
WAS
GBP
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2023, 11:37 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Something new we can try this year: After you post/vote list who you feel is top 3 in the NFL:
ATL
WAS
GBP

I went 13-19. 

1. ATL
  2. GBP
  3. BAL 
Reply/Quote
Closer to 19 than 13. Mixon has mileage, Trayveon is just a guy, and we don't know about Brown yet.

Atlanta
New York Jets
San Francisco
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
20-26 Mixon is steadily average and the entire RB depth is a question mark.

Atlanta
Green Bay
San Francisco
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
20-26

ATL
SF
GB

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I went 13-19 hoping Chase Brown is able to help us soon. Mixon is average at best and I doubt our running game will be featured much. We could easily be 20th or worse.
Reply/Quote
Believe the Bengals fall around 24th, but could definitely outperform this ranking and expect they will considerably.

Think they may land near 10-12th per O-line should be so good and think Brown is a baller.

Yet until Trayveon and Chase Brown prove themselves ? I can't put them higher at this time. Plus Joe's blocking is horrid.

49ers
Atlanta
Seattle

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
RB is one of our weakest position groups. Mixon is average, and useless on 3rd down. Speaking of 3rd down, who is the 3rd down back? Brown won't be ready, Williams is unproven, and Evans is in the doghouse.

It was easier for me to count the teams that are worse than us. There are only 8 -- Arizona, Carolina, Chicago, Denver, Jax, Miami, Minn, TB. That puts us at 22.

Top 3: SF, GB, Atlanta.
Reply/Quote
Mixon is far from average, aye he was ***** terrible for most of last season but I’m hoping he’s had a rocket up his arse during the summer and comes back like the 21-22 version.

Think Brown will be an upgrade on Perine as RB2

Most of us on here have more chance of seeing playing time than Evans as they just don’t trust him.

13-19 is fair.
Reply/Quote
I went middle of the pack. I think our RBs will be better this year.

Top 3:
KCC
Sea
Was
Reply/Quote
It is a weakness until I see Trayveon Williams and Chase Brown get significant snaps. I have no faith in Mixon after last season
and he is the starter, his vision and balance are extremely poor and he would rather fall on his face mask then try and get the
extra yardage that is in front of him. He would rather run into the Defender than the hole in front of him.

Chase Brown gives me hope, but we have to see it in stripes. I voted 20th.

Edit: Oh yeah, my top 3...

Cleveland for sure, don't know why no one is ranking them tops besides we hate the guys, but Nick Chubb and those backs are the best.

A healthy Jonathan Taylor of the Colts brings them up big time. #2.

The 49ers with McCaffrey and the boys rounds out my top 3 followed by the Falcons and Packers.
Reply/Quote
I put us in the basement. Mixon is solid between the T's and an ok receiver, but sucks as a blocker and has lost all of his big play ability. Behind him, we have a trio of Day 3 picks, two of which have shown nothing after years in the league.

9'ers
ATL
GB
Reply/Quote
Voted 20-26, but more 26 than 20.

Browns
Packers
Colts

49ers have a good running game, but this is a RB rankings, not a running game ranking. Their scheme let's a lot of guys be effective, but I don't think their RBs would be top-3 group on a different team, likely top-6. The 49ers haven't had a guy rush for 1k yards for them since Frank Gore in 2014, and I question McCaffrey's durability.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2023, 04:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Voted 20-26, but more 26 than 20.

Browns
Packers
Colts

49ers have a good running game, but this is a RB rankings, not a running game ranking. Their scheme let's a lot of guys be effective, but I don't think their RBs would be top-3 group on a different team, likely top-6. The 49ers haven't had a guy rush for 1k yards for them since Frank Gore in 2014, and I question McCaffrey's durability.

Good points as usual, definitely understand questioning McCaffrey's durability and Shanahan's scheme makes even okay backs 
looks better than they normally would be in another scheme.
Reply/Quote
Put them in the middle. There are 15-17 groups I'd take over our guys, a few being pretty interchangeable.

My top 3 groups are ATL, GB, NYJ
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 02:15 AM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Put them in the middle. There are 15-17 groups I'd take over our guys, a few being pretty interchangeable.

My top 3 groups are ATL, GB, NYJ

The Jets with a healthy Breece Hall are pretty good alright...
Reply/Quote
Very cool. A lot of names, can't really think about them all at once, but I'll go with...

NOS: ALVIN KAMARA - JAMAAL WILLIAMS- KENDRE MILLER (bit of everything)
SEA: KENNETH WALKER - ZACH CHARBONNET - DEEJAY DALLAS (potentially ferocious)
DEN: JAVONTE WILLIAMS - SAMAJIE PERINE - TONY JONES JR (throwing our boy Perine a bone)

Honorable mentions =

SFF: CHRISTIAN MCCAFFEREY - ELIJAH MITCHELL - KYLE JUSZCZYK
IND: JONATHAN TAYLOR - ZACK MOSS - DEON JACKSON

-

As for us, I'll put somewhere in the bottom third (~#23). At least for now. I still hold out hope we can fortify our troops with a new body like Cook (one can dream lol). Good thing is that I don't think it matters too much. More just for FF purposes. Because this team runs on high-octane Burrow fuel.
Reply/Quote
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ranking-every-team-s-starting-running-back/ar-AA1dPjPZ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2a3903de91c54dedb1372662b4e88f69&ei=37

Mixon, if he's our starter, isn't very high on this list.
Reply/Quote
Why are alot of people taking Atlanta? Bijon gonna be all that his rookie year?
Reply/Quote