Poll: Where's our wideouts
1-3
4-8
9-15
16-21
I'm a Steelers Fan
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RANK OUR WRs (2024)
For our next group, we move back to the offensive side of the ball and focus on our WRs. For the first time in his career, JB won't have Boyd to throw to. We do have some new blood to try and fill his shoes, so where we got CHASE_HIGGGINS_BURTON_JONES? As always, the competition:

ARZ: MARVIN HARRISON JR/ MICHAEL WILSON/ ZAY JONES/ GREG DORSCH
ATL: DRAKE LONDON/ DARNELL MOONEY/ RONDALE MOORE/ KHADAREL HODGE
BAL: ZAY FLOWERS/ RASHOD BATEMAN/ NELSON AHGELOR/ DEVONTEZ WALKER
BUF: KHALIL SHUKIR/ KEON COLEMAN/ CURTIS SAMUEL/ MARQUES V-S
CAR: DEONTAE JOHNSON/ ADAM THELIN/ XAVIER LEGETTE/ JOHNATHAN MINGO
CHI: KENANN ALLEN/ DJ MOORE/ ROME ODUNZE/ VELUS JONES
CLV: AMARI COOPER/ JERRY JUDEY/ ELIJAH MOORE/ CEDRIC TILLMAN
DAL: BRANDON COOKS/ CEEDEE LAMB/ JALEN TOLBERT/ JALEN BROOKS
DEN: CORTLAND SUTTON/ JOSH REYNOLDS/ MARVIN MIMS JR/ TROY FRANKLIN
DET: AMONRA ST.BROWN/ JAMESON WILLIAMSON/ KALIF RAYMOND. DONOVAN P-J
GBP: CHRISTIAN WATSON/ ROMEO DOBBS/ JAYLEN REED/ BO MELTON
HOU: STEPHON DIGGS/ NICO COLLONS/ TANK DELL/ NOAH BROWN
IND: MICHAEL PITTMAN/ ADONAI MITCHELL/ JOSH DOWNS/ ALEC PIERCE
JAX: CHRISTIAN KIRK/ GABE DAVIS/ BRIAN THOMAS/ PARKER WASHINGTON
KCC: MARQUIS BROWN/ XAVIER WORTHY/ KADARIUS TONEY/ SKYY MOORE
LAC: JOSH PALMER/ QUINTON JOHNSON/ LADD MCCONKY/ DJ CHARK
LAR: COOPER KUPP/ PUKA NACUA/ DEMARCUS ROBINSON/ TUTU ATWELL
LVR: DAVONTAE JONES/ JAKOBI MYERS/ TRE TUCKER/ MICHAEL GALLUP
MIA: TYREEK HILL/ JALEN WADDLE/ ODELL B-J/ BRAXTON BERRIOS
MIN: JUSTIN JEFFERSON/ JORDAN ADDISON/ BRANDON POWELL/ JALEN NAILOR
NEP: KENDRICK BOURNE/ DEMARIO DOUGLAS/ JALYNN POLK/ KJ OSBORNE
NOS: CHRIS OLAVE/ RAHEED SHAHID/ CEDRIC WILSON/ BUB MEANS
NYG: MALEK NIBORS/ DARIUS SLAYTON WANDALE ROBINSON/ ALLEN ROBINSON
NYJ: GARRETT WILSON/ MIKE WILLIAMS/ MALACHAI CORLEY/ ALLEN LAZARD
PHI: AJ BROWN/ DEVONTAE SMITH/ PARIS CAMPBELL/ JOHHNY WILSON
PIT: GEORGE PICKENS/ VAN JOHNSON/ ROMAN WILSON/ QUEZ WATKINS
SEA: DK METCALF/ TYLER LOCKETT/ JAXON S-N/ LAVISKA SHEANAULT
SFF: BRANDON AIYUK/ DEEBO SANDERS/ RICKY PEARSALL/ JUAN JENNINGS
TBB: MIKE EVANS/ CHRIS GODWIN/ JALEN MCMILLAN/ TREY PALMER
TEN: CALVIN RIDLEY/ DEANDRE HOPKINS/ TYLER BOYD/ TREYLON BURKS
WAS: TERRY MCLARIN/ JAHAN DOTSON/ LUKE MCCAFFERTY/ DYAMI BROWN

TOP FA’s: MICHAEL THOMAS/ HUNTER RENFROW/ MECOLE HARDMAN/ RUSSEL GAGE
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2024, 12:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For our next group, we move back to the offensive side of the ball and focus on our WRs. For the first time in his career, JB won't have Boyd to throw to. We do have some new blood to try and fill his shoes, so where we got CHASE_HIGGGINS_BURTON_JONES? As always, the competition:

ARZ: MARVIN HARRISON JR/ MICHAEL WILSON/ ZAY JONES/ GREG DORSCH
ATL: DRAKE LONDON/ DARNELL MOONEY/ RONDALE MOORE/ KHADAREL HODGE
BAL: ZAY FLOWERS/ RASHOD BATEMAN/ NELSON AHGELOR/ DEVONTEZ WALKER
BUF: KHALIL SHUKIR/ KEON COLEMAN/ CURTIS SAMUEL/ MARQUES V-S
CAR: DEONTAE JOHNSON/ ADAM THELIN/ XAVIER LEGETTE/ JOHNATHAN MINGO
CHI: KENANN ALLEN/ DJ MOORE/ ROME ODUNZE/ VELUS JONES
CLV: AMARI COOPER/ JERRY JUDEY/ ELIJAH MOORE/ CEDRIC TILLMAN
DAL: BRANDON COOKS/ CEEDEE LAMB/ JALEN TOLBERT/ JALEN BROOKS
DEN: CORTLAND SUTTON/ JOSH REYNOLDS/ MARVIN MIMS JR/ TROY FRANKLIN
DET: AMONRA ST.BROWN/ JAMESON WILLIAMSON/ KALIF RAYMOND. DONOVAN P-J
GBP: CHRISTIAN WATSON/ ROMEO DOBBS/ JAYLEN REED/ BO MELTON
HOU: STEPHON DIGGS/ NICO COLLONS/ TANK DELL/ NOAH BROWN
IND: MICHAEL PITTMAN/ ADONAI MITCHELL/ JOSH DOWNS/ ALEC PIERCE
JAX: CHRISTIAN KIRK/ GABE DAVIS/ BRIAN THOMAS/ PARKER WASHINGTON
KCC: MARQUIS BROWN/ XAVIER WORTHY/ KADARIUS TONEY/ SKYY MOORE
LAC: JOSH PALMER/ QUINTON JOHNSON/ LADD MCCONKY/ DJ CHARK
LAR: COOPER KUPP/ PUKA NACUA/ DEMARCUS ROBINSON/ TUTU ATWELL
LVR: DAVONTAE JONES/ JAKOBI MYERS/ TRE TUCKER/ MICHAEL GALLUP
MIA: TYREEK HILL/ JALEN WADDLE/ ODELL B-J/ BRAXTON BERRIOS
MIN: JUSTIN JEFFERSON/ JORDAN ADDISON/ BRANDON POWELL/ JALEN NAILOR
NEP: KENDRICK BOURNE/ DEMARIO DOUGLAS/ JALYNN POLK/ KJ OSBORNE
NOS: CHRIS OLAVE/ RAHEED SHAHID/ CEDRIC WILSON/ BUB MEANS
NYG: MALEK NIBORS/ DARIUS SLAYTON WANDALE ROBINSON/ ALLEN ROBINSON
NYJ: GARRETT WILSON/ MIKE WILLIAMS/ MALACHAI CORLEY/ ALLEN LAZARD
PHI: AJ BROWN/ DEVONTAE SMITH/ PARIS CAMPBELL/ JOHHNY WILSON
PIT: GEORGE PICKENS/ VAN JOHNSON/ ROMAN WILSON/ QUEZ WATKINS
SEA: DK METCALF/ TYLER LOCKETT/ JAXON S-N/ LAVISKA SHEANAULT
SFF: BRANDON AIYUK/ DEEBO SANDERS/ RICKY PEARSALL/ JUAN JENNINGS
TBB: MIKE EVANS/ CHRIS GODWIN/ JALEN MCMILLAN/ TREY PALMER
TEN: CALVIN RIDLEY/ DEANDRE HOPKINS/ TYLER BOYD/ TREYLON BURKS
WAS: TERRY MCLARIN/ JAHAN DOTSON/ LUKE MCCAFFERTY/ DYAMI BROWN

TOP FA’s: MICHAEL THOMAS/ HUNTER RENFROW/ MECOLE HARDMAN/ RUSSEL GAGE

Teams that are definitely better...

Bears
Texans 
Rams
Dolphins
Eagles 
Seahawks 
9'ers
Bucs

Arguably better...

Jets

So, yeah, sadly, 9-16.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2024, 12:47 PM)Whatever Wrote: Teams that are definitely better...

Bears
Texans 
Rams
Dolphins
Eagles 
Seahawks
9'ers
Bucs

Arguably better...

Jets

So, yeah, sadly, 9-16.

I disagree with who i crossed out.

I still have them in the top 3. 

I'd put the Jets, Phi and 9'ers as arguable. I'd put LAR, Chi, Sea and SF as on par and i'd put TBB below. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
well if they all play here this year top 5 at least
Reply/Quote
Yeah they're still top 3 since Tee is still obligated to play. Too many of the teams competing for that spot have new WRs as opposed to Cincy's chemistry with their top 2. Burton gives a much needed big play threat to make the defense pay.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2024, 12:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I disagree with who i crossed out.

I still have them in the top 3. 

I'd put the Jets, Phi and 9'ers as arguable. I'd put LAR, Chi, Sea and SF as on par and i'd put TBB below. 

For the Bears, Allen made the Pro Bowl last year, Moore had over 1300 yards and 8 TD's, and they just spent a Top 10 pick on Rome Odunze.

For the Rams, Nacua went off for over 1400 as a rookie and Kupp has 1900 the last year he was healthy.

Seahawks, maybe arguably better, but those guys are all handcuffed by Geno Smith's sad ass.  

Bucs, again, you can say arguably, but both those guys have been to the Pro Bowl and Godwin's been a more productive #2 than Tee.

SF, really?  An All Pro like Deebo is now the WR2 and they just added Pearsall on top of it?
Reply/Quote
If we stay healthy this is arguably better than the trio with Boyd on it honestly and that was considered tops or close to it.

We are more explosive with Burton added, Iosivas and Chuck Sizzle flashed at times as rookies and should be much better in their
sophomore year especially with all the snaps they are getting with the Tee situation. Ja'Marr could be the best Slot WR ever with his
skillset. Tee should be trying to play his best this year to get that big contract he wants. Irwin is a solid #4.

Top 3 for sure IMO.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2024, 02:20 PM)Whatever Wrote: For the Bears, Allen made the Pro Bowl last year, Moore had over 1300 yards and 8 TD's, and they just spent a Top 10 pick on Rome Odunze.
Chase, Higgins and Burton are def on par with this, at worst. Other than '17 and '23, Allen has put up WR2 numbers. Moore never broke 1.2k before last year. 

For the Rams, Nacua went off for over 1400 as a rookie and Kupp has 1900 the last year he was healthy.
Nacua was great. Kupp's best days are behind him. The Bengals are better.

Seahawks, maybe arguably better, but those guys are all handcuffed by Geno Smith's sad ass. 
mmmm. I don't know that i want to get in the QB argument. DK has put up WR2 numbers 2 out of 3 years with DangeRuss and Lockett is getting long in the tooth.  

Bucs, again, you can say arguably, but both those guys have been to the Pro Bowl and Godwin's been a more productive #2 than Tee.
My argument against the Bucs is their #3 and #4.

SF, really?  An All Pro like Deebo is now the WR2 and they just added Pearsall on top of it?
I SAID WHAT I SAID AND I'M STICKIN TO IT!!!   Big Grin

Bolded.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2024, 02:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If we stay healthy this is arguably better than the trio with Boyd on it honestly and that was considered tops or close to it.

We are more explosive with Burton added, Iosivas and Chuck Sizzle flashed at times as rookies and should be much better in their
sophomore year especially with all the snaps they are getting with the Tee situation. Ja'Marr could be the best Slot WR ever with his
skillset. Tee should be trying to play his best this year to get that big contract he wants. Irwin is a solid #4.

Top 3 for sure IMO.

Yup. Burton potentially brings more diversity and explosivness.

Reply/Quote
All this talk about the league's elite; I think some our sleeping on our boy Callahan's squad.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2024, 03:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: All this talk about the league's elite; I think some our sleeping on our boy Callahan's squad.

When i saw that group, i thought the same thing.

Reply/Quote
Definitely seems like way more good WR groups around the league than there has been in recent years.

I think going from Boyd to Burton is a slight improvement. At least from the Boyd we have seen since that playoff drop.

Iosivas and Charlie have a year of experience under their belt.

I think this is the strongest WR group Burrow has had since he has been here. Went top 3.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2024, 03:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yup. Burton potentially brings more diversity and explosivness.

Jermaine Burton is way more explosive than Boyd no doubt about it and can play on the outside unlike Boyd.

We needed to get Chase more snaps in the Slot IMO. Burton allows us to do just that.

(05-29-2024, 03:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: All this talk about the league's elite; I think some our sleeping on our boy Callahan's squad.

Yeah, Ridley, D-Hop, Boyd and Burks is pretty damn good. Not as good as ours though.
Reply/Quote
A lot will hinge on Burton, but 4-8 feels about right as of now.

Reply/Quote
Good then we can stop hearing about Joe being good only because of his receivers
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
We have the best duo in Football  with Chase and Higgins. The #3 spot is in question but I like the prospects  at that position. 1-3!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2024, 09:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Good then we can stop hearing about Joe being good only because of his receivers

Funny I never remember hearing that about Peyton Manning all those years when he had Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne.

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2024, 09:55 PM)J24 Wrote: We have the best duo in Football  with Chase and Higgins. The #3 spot is in question but I like the prospects  at that position. 1-3!

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952uezjlg8e45lb8ldx4pj...w.gif&ct=g]

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2024, 10:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952uezjlg8e45lb8ldx4pj...w.gif&ct=g]

Yes 100% sure about! 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2024, 10:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Funny I never remember hearing that about Peyton Manning all those years when he had Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne.

Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison were only both good simultaneously for about 3 years (2004-2006) as Wayne took 4 years to become real good, which is probably what will keep him out of the HoF and then Harrison was in his mid 30s.

But probably more importantly... Peyton was 2nd in MVP voting and 2nd Team All-Pro in his 2nd year with Terrence Wilkins as his #2 WR and 5th in MVP voting and 2nd Team All-Pro in his 3rd year with Jerome Pathon as his #2 before Wayne was ever drafted. So he was an MVP candidate in his 2nd and 3rd seasons with top-5 scoring offenses prior to having both of them. Makes it harder for doubters and haters to say he was only good because of having both when he had already proved otherwise.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote