Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAS - Bengals 2023 starting OL least athletic in league
(03-25-2024, 10:22 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Kent Lee Platte, the creator of ras.football, posted on X/Twitter the average RAS scores for all OLs in the league for 2023.
Bengals OL came in dead last with an average RAS of 4.11 (poor).
The second-closest was Rams at 5.44.
Falcons had the most athletic bunch at 9.78.

Obviously, being the most athletic doesn't translate to "best," but it is useful if trying to understand how some teams may be able to get better.

What do you think, should the Bengals try to draft more athletic OL?

As long as they are good I don't care if they are athletic or not. Volson is our most athletic OL and he is our worst OL.

I saw the entire AFC North has poor RAS scores in the other thread.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 02:29 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: So you DO care?

No I can care less what the RAS score is.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 03:11 PM)Hello to everyone Wrote: No I can care less what the RAS score is.

They point that person is trying to make is you said you COULD care less, but you really mean you could NOT care less  Wink
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 03:11 PM)Hello to everyone Wrote: No I can care less what the RAS score is.

The joke Truck was making is if you can care less, that means you care at least a little because it could go down. If you can't care less you have nowhere less to go from where you are. Classic Mom/English Teacher joke.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 03:11 PM)Hello to everyone Wrote: No I can care less what the RAS score is.

So you DO care?

LOL Wink

(03-25-2024, 03:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They point that person is trying to make is you said you COULD care less, but you really mean you could NOT care less  Wink

(03-25-2024, 03:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The joke Truck was making is if you can care less, that means you care at least a little because it could go down. If you can't care less you have nowhere less to go from where you are. Classic Mom/English Teacher joke.

Thank you, guys :)
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't like our Oline's chances at the next relay race.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
If anyone care Merriam-Webster considers both couldn't care less and could care less to mean the same thing and both are acceptable.

But IRDC.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 04:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If anyone care Merriam-Webster considers both couldn't care less and could care less to mean the same thing and both are acceptable.

But IRDC.

The only Webster I recognize.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tvguide.com%2Fa%2Fi...ipo=images]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 04:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The only Webster I recognize.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tvguide.com%2Fa%2Fi...ipo=images]

Why is Webster throwing up a White Power hand sign? 

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 04:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If anyone care Merriam-Webster considers both couldn't care less and could care less to mean the same thing and both are acceptable.

But IRDC.

They mean the same thing, yes, but the, "incorrect," way implies that you cared in the first place.

The, "correct," way implies that you never cared at all.

Hence my question of, "so you DO care?"

Anyways, that's all, no need to keep harping on this.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
It's interesting and provides some insight.

And is yet another reason to believe we need to go RT in 1st round and an early day 3 Oline as well. Plus be watching waiver wire during camp. Our depth isn't good.
Reply/Quote

But IRDC.

But what does Oxford say?
Reply/Quote
I think this 2024 OL is going to be the best we have seen since 2015.

I believe the coordinator we brought in from Minn is going to help bring some insight. But I also think having almost the same line with an upgrade at RT is going to be huge from a consistency standpoint. I might have my blinders on, but something just feels like we are about to be a more balanced team overall and the OL is going to play like a top 10 unit.

It’s crazy to think we have 4 Super Bowl champions on our OL now. Jonah was always the weak link to me. I know volson has to develop, or get out of the way, but that’s not uncommon for an OL to have a weak link in the unit.

Idk, RAS be darned, this is going to be the best yet and long overdue.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 04:37 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I think this 2024 OL is going to be the best we have seen since 2015.

I believe the coordinator we brought in from Minn is going to help bring some insight.  But I also think having almost the same line with an upgrade at RT is going to be huge from a consistency standpoint.  I might have my blinders on, but something just feels like we are about to be a more balanced team overall and the OL is going to play like a top 10 unit.  

It’s crazy to think we have 4 Super Bowl champions on our OL now.   Jonah was always the weak link to me. I know volson has to develop, or get out of the way, but that’s not uncommon for an OL to have a weak link in the unit.  

Idk, RAS be darned, this is going to be the best yet and long overdue.

I think so as well, especially with the addition of Trent Brown who is light years better than Jonah when healthy. More under Center 
play from Burrow with a respectable run game and better pass pro from the RB position will certainly help everyone, let alone adding 
more depth and youth in the Draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 05:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think so as well, especially with the addition of Trent Brown who is light years better than Jonah when healthy. More under Center 
play from Burrow with a respectable run game and better pass pro from the RB position will certainly help everyone, let alone adding 
more depth and youth in the Draft.

The starting group looks to be about the best in the Taylor era.

The question will be what if someone goes down?

Currently, the immediate backups are:
LT - Carman/Smith
LG - Carman?
C - Hill
RG - Ford?
RT - Ford (or Carman or Smith?)

Since they lost two OL (Jonah, Scharping), they will need to add at least one in the draft.
Since this is a good OL draft class, I expect a 2nd possibly 3rd draft pick as well for depth.

If I had it my way, OT in Rd 1 who could start next year, IOL in Rd 3-4 who could start next year, and a final OL as depth in Rds 5-6.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 06:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The starting group looks to be about the best in the Taylor era.

The question will be what if someone goes down?

Currently, the immediate backups are:
LT - Carman/Smith
LG - Carman?
C - Hill
RG - Ford?
RT - Ford (or Carman or Smith?)

Since they lost two OL (Jonah, Scharping), they will need to add at least one in the draft.
Since this is a good OL draft class, I expect a 2nd possibly 3rd draft pick as well for depth.

If I had it my way, OT in Rd 1 who could start next year, IOL in Rd 3-4 who could start next year, and a final OL as depth in Rds 5-6.

Of course I agree that the depth needs improved drastically and I would be down with what you say with OT in round 1 and another OL 
later. But it doesn't HAVE to be like that like some are acting either. If a Tee trade happens I would love a Tee replacement early just the
same as OT especially if Fuaga or Mims aren't there.

I don't like what I heard about Latham skipping work outs like the rest of our 1st and 2nd round busts. This always gives me pause.

Guyton's film doesn't look nearly as good as Fuaga or Mims to me. I really like Kingsley S from BYU and Blake Fisher in the 2nd or 3rd.
Reply/Quote