• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAVENS are On The Clock
RD 1 PK 1 TENNESSEE TITANS- LAREMY TUNSIL/ OT
RD 1 PK 2 CLEVELAND BROWNS- CARSON WENTZ/ QB
RD 1 PK 3 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS- JALEN RAMSEY/ DB
RD 1 PK 4 DALLAS COWBOYS- JOEY BOSA/ DE
RD 1 PK 5 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS- MYLES JACK/ OLB

RD 1 PK 6 BALTIMORE RAVENS

While all teams suffer from the injury bug, few were bit harder than the Ravens last year. Because of that a playoff caliber team is picking in the Top 6. Biggest need is OT where they had a guard manning the position last year. CB is also a need, as are a potential replacement for Suggs and WR/TE

DEFOREST BUCKNER/DE http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/deforest-buckner?id=2555275
Buckner has the body type of a classic 3-¬4 defensive end who can control the point of attack with length and power, but he has above average pass rush potential for that position which figures to push him into the early stages of round one. Buckner has similar power to former teammate Arik Armstead, but is a much better pass rusher and has a chance to become a dominant force in the NFL.

RONNIE STANLEY/OT http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/ronnie-stanley?id=2555204
Three-year starter with the outstanding foot quickness and pass protection talent expected from an early round left tackle prospect. While Stanley’s core power is still a concern, he showed improved strength and run blocking prowess this year and should be ready to come in and start right away for a team looking to protect a high-­end quarterback.

VERNON HARGREAVES/CB http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/vernon-hargreaves?id=2555299
Hargreaves has a level of suddenness and explosiveness in his movements that should always have him near the ball. With top-notch ball skills and exceptional instincts that drew praise from Alabama's Nick Saban, Hargreaves possesses the football makeup to become a Pro Bowl cornerback.

LAQUON TREADWELLl/WR http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/laquon-treadwell?id=2555214
Treadwell is at his best when he has a clean, two-­way go off the line of scrimmage and he could be a challenging size matchup from the slot. While Ole Miss used him underneath quite a bit, he runs quality downfield routes and has the ball skills needed to become a more vertical receiver than underneath, possession guy.

LEONARD FLOYD/Edge http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/leonard-floyd?id=2555285
Unique combination of length and athleticism. Extremely rangy with great chase speed from sideline to sideline. Good change of direction for taller player. Long limbs and twitch to spring into a tackle from a mile away. If unblocked, will chase down line of scrimmage from backside and foil run plans.

EZEKIEL ELLIOTT/RB http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/ezekiel-elliott?id=2555224
Elite, three­-down running back who has the ability to excel in every facet of the game. Elliott has rare combination of size, athleticism, pass-catching and blocking skills and his competitive nature is always bubbling on the surface.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think they need to go OT here and grab Stanley
Reply/Quote
It's hard to choose anything but defense, harder still to not address the secondary. But Buckner is the hardest to pass up at this spot.
Reply/Quote
They currently have Eugene Monroe penciled in at LT and he has missed 17 games in the last 2 years due to injury. Even when he is healthy he is average at best. They are paying Joe Flacco $24 Mil this year, I think they will do all they can to protect him; Buckner is talented, but I don't think they can afford to neglect OT.

Reply/Quote
Never really thought about them taking Zeke. I know they would love to have another Jamal Lewis. Went with Buckner though.

Stanley is a need pick. Buckner is easily one of the best talents in this draft
Reply/Quote
THey are drooling all over themselves to take Buckner but as has already been mentioned, they gotta protect their investment at QB. Stanley is the pick with Buckner being option B.
Reply/Quote
They need offensive line help, went with Stanley. Buckner is really hard to pass up, though.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
If Tunsil were to somehow to fall to 6, (very doubtful) the Ravens should sprint up to the podium with their draft card. That being said, this is not a draft you want to give up picks to move to #1 overall. The top 15 this year is not as good as previous years, especially with Jaylon Smith getting hurt. The Ravens should sit tight or trade down. If they sit tight they should take one of Ramsey, Buckner, Jack or Stanley. Not sold on Bosa as OLB. They need corners more than dline.

My gut says they trade back.
Don't think Stanley is a top 6 pick talent.
But If not Buckner is my pick for the mock.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2016, 01:27 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: If Tunsil were to somehow to fall to 6, (very doubtful) the Ravens should sprint up to the podium with their draft card. That being said, this is not a draft you want to give up picks to move to #1 overall. The top 15 this year is not as good as previous years, especially with Jaylon Smith getting hurt. The Ravens should sit tight or trade down. If they sit tight they should take one of Ramsey, Buckner, Jack or Stanley.  Not sold on Bosa as OLB. They need corners more than dline.

Thanks to Blitz for providing us an insider view of the Raven's draft pick.

Reply/Quote
Sorry, Bfine, I've been off the computer during Spring Break. The Ravens tell the Niners that the Rams are looking to trade up for Goff, forcing the Niners to swap picks with the Ravens in order to get him. Niners take Goff and the Ravens, now with 2 more picks, are able to get Buckner who, with Jack and Bosa off the board, they would have selected anyways.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2016, 01:27 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: If Tunsil were to somehow to fall to 6, (very doubtful) the Ravens should sprint up to the podium with their draft card. That being said, this is not a draft you want to give up picks to move to #1 overall. The top 15 this year is not as good as previous years, especially with Jaylon Smith getting hurt. The Ravens should sit tight or trade down. If they sit tight they should take one of Ramsey, Buckner, Jack or Stanley.  Not sold on Bosa as OLB. They need corners more than dline.

(03-29-2016, 07:44 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Sorry, Bfine, I've been off the computer during Spring Break. The Ravens tell the Niners that the Rams are looking to trade up for Goff, forcing the Niners to swap picks with the Ravens in order to get him. Niners take Goff and the Ravens, now with 2 more picks, are able to get Buckner who, with Jack and Bosa off the board, they would have selected anyways.
Thanks for the input. As you see we went OT with your pick. Do you guys think Baltimore (if they can't trade picks) rolls with Monroe at LT, think they'i  take another one later (who/when). or do you guys have someone else to protect the $24 Mil?  

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 10:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thanks for the input. As you see we went OT with your pick. Do you guys think Baltimore (if they can't trade picks) rolls with Monroe at LT, think they'i  take another one later (who/when). or do you guys have someone else to protect the $24 Mil?  

I must have missed the fact that Tunsil was still on the board. Considering Monroe can't stay healthy and Osemele got paid way too much by the Raiders, they'd definitely go that route. 

Edit: nevermind, I read that all wrong. I stick with my pick.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote