Poll: Where's our wideouts
1-3
4-8
9-15
16-21
I'm a Steelers Fan
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RANK OUR WRs (2024)
(Yesterday, 05:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, pretty ignorant honestly. You have to mention the players added, not just the players who left. Chase, Higgins, Burton, Iosivas, Irwin,
Charlie Jones is a damn good WR room. I could argue we are #1 in terms of talent if we stay healthy. We just got more explosive with Burton
being added and Boyd leaving.

They ranked us 9th, which is not a bad ranking at all.  If they are going to take on faith that a pair of Day 3 picks in Jones and Yoshi will take a massive leap in year two, then they have to project the same for every other Day 3 WR who showed nothing their rookie year will do the same.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10 hours ago)Whatever Wrote: They ranked us 9th, which is not a bad ranking at all.  If they are going to take on faith that a pair of Day 3 picks in Jones and Yoshi will take a massive leap in year two, then they have to project the same for every other Day 3 WR who showed nothing their rookie year will do the same.  

That is a good point, but still, Chase, Higgins and Boyd were arguably the best trio in the NFL just as of late.

I think Jermaine Burton could actually make us more explosive than that trio and Burton DOES have great hands as well.

I guess you and these guys are just not as high on Burton as I am. Talent wise he was around the 4th most talented WR in the Draft IMO.
Reply/Quote
(5 hours ago)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is a good point, but still, Chase, Higgins and Boyd were arguably the best trio in the NFL just as of late.

I think Jermaine Burton could actually make us more explosive than that trio and Burton DOES have great hands as well.

I guess you and these guys are just not as high on Burton as I am. Talent wise he was around the 4th most talented WR in the Draft IMO.

I'm pretty excited about Burton but I'm not sure he's gonna put up big numbers this year if everyone is healthy. I think he'll be a severe problem for opposing defenses by his third year though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(2 hours ago)jason Wrote: I'm pretty excited about Burton but I'm not sure he's gonna put up big numbers this year if everyone is healthy. I think he'll be a severe problem for opposing defenses by his third year though.

Same but I’m hoping he evolves faster and he becomes a problem by next year instead.
Reply/Quote
I have our group in the top 8. Chase IMHO is in the 4 to 8 range. Higgins is in the 24 to 28 range. Those 2 alone create major issues for a defense. I love Burton, I think it may get him some time to get u to speed, but he will be a top 60 WR in 2024. I like Yoshi and think he gives us great depth. I think a healthy Jones could surprise fans. Irwin is just a solid vet.

I know Gesicki is a TE, but he is more another WR in my opinion.

This Bengals receiving group (love Brown at RB also) is capable is lining up all over the field. Chase can line up in the slot as well as all positions.

Boyd was great for us, but he seemed to be slightly declining the past 2 years. But I will take us multiple guys to replace him this year. Luckily for us, we drafted the past 2 years to replace Boyd.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote