Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RB backups
Mixon & Gio are the two main backs.

After them you have Hill & Carson, then rookies Mark Walton (4th round) and Quinton Flowers (UDFA), and a couple or so others.

I am a bit in the dark here on out how this will play out. Will they keep 4 or 5, bump Flowers to PS or outright cut him? Cutting Walton seems unlikely with his drafted value, even going to ps.

Anyways thoughts on who should be the backups to Gio and Mixon? Or who do you want to see more of the next 3 games? Personally I want to see a lot more of Walton and Flowers myself, but I do like Hill and Carson too for what they have shown.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2018, 08:06 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Mixon & Gio are the two main backs.

After them you have Hill & Carson, then rookies Mark Walton (4th round) and Quinton Flowers (UDFA), and a couple or so others.

I am a bit in the dark here on out how this will play out. Will they keep 4 or 5, bump Flowers to PS or outright cut him? Cutting Walton seems unlikely with his drafted value, even going to ps.

Anyways thoughts on who should be the backups to Gio and Mixon? Or who do you want to see more of the next 3 games? Personally I want to see a lot more of Walton and Flowers myself, but I do like Hill and Carson too for what they have shown.

As of right now i like Brian Hill and Tra Carson until Walton runs better. I love the story on Walton, love his mad heart
but these guys are running better. Brian Hill has done great against starters in the NFL when we played the Lions, he
does pretty much everything well. Always liked Tra Carson.

Like i said, i really like Walton and want him to be great but that first showing wasn't near good as these guys.

We have talented RB's.
Reply/Quote
I'm with Nate. So far I got Carson and Hill in the top 4.

Walton will gain steam as the preseason continues. We are deep at rb.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Walton seemed to lose all of his momentum and get ragdolled as soon as he was touched - I'm not so sure that a Christian McCaffrey-lite can make the active roster.

I liked what I saw out of Hill the most out of all of them. 
Reply/Quote
I'm with the others, right now you have to lean Hill and Carson. Gonna have to see a lot more from Walton and Flowers and I don't think it's a big stretch to say both are most likely PS material.

Could that change ? sure
Reply/Quote
How many RB's to we keep on the roster? I would go with just 3 to free up a place for another position.
I would go with Mixon, Gio & Hill just now
Reply/Quote
Don't see the Bengals cutting a 4th rounder like Walton. Also impressed by Brian Hill last year and think he makes it as well.
Reply/Quote
Walton is making it because of Special Teams. So it's between Hill and Carson for the fourth spot. I would go with Hill but Carson looked impressive as well. Doubt either play that much this season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I would go with 3 but Gio and Walton dont have great size.

Somebody really wanted Walton. I doubt we give up already.

Hill is younger than Carson and under team control for longer. I think Hill gets that 4th spot
Reply/Quote
The Bengal aren't cutting Walton. We'll probably carry 4 RBs with Hill and Carson battling for the last spot.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2018, 08:06 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Mixon & Gio are the two main backs.

Pretty much just has me second-guessing that pick again.  Not that he isn't talented, but he did have troubles with ball security in college and we had much bigger fish to fry with that pick (Shaq Griffin) after taking Orlando Brown in the third round instead of Jefferson.

I know, I know...I need to let it go. 

I am guessing now that I have crapped on his (Walton) selection he will have a huge game against Dallas and we will be discussing which is better to keep:  Carson or Hill.  
Reply/Quote
We could cut Barkley, then list Flowers as the emergency 3rd string QB, and keep 5 RB's that way.....
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 07:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Pretty much just has me second-guessing that pick again.  Not that he isn't talented, but he did have troubles with ball security in college and we had much bigger fish to fry with that pick (Shaq Griffin) after taking Orlando Brown in the third round instead of Jefferson.

I am guessing now that I have crapped on his (Walton) selection he will have a huge game against Dallas and we will be discussing which is better to keep:  Carson or Hill.  

A lot of folks second guessed that pick, probably still are because it wasn't a position of need at all. Unless he is the next Barry Sanders, I will have my doubts for sure, because we needed depth at a couple of positions. That said, hope the kid does good. 

(08-14-2018, 08:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: We could cut Barkley, then list Flowers as the emergency 3rd string QB, and keep 5 RB's that way.....

This is what I would do, but Flowers could just be listed as a rb. Ever since they abolished the 3rd qb rule, having a hybrid player that played qb in college makes sense to have ideally, just in case.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 07:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Pretty much just has me second-guessing that pick again.  Not that he isn't talented, but he did have troubles with ball security in college and we had much bigger fish to fry with that pick (Shaq Griffin) after taking Orlando Brown in the third round instead of Jefferson.

I loved the Walton selection once we let Jeremy go since we needed another RB on the 53 man roster. I learned Walton had a 1st or second round grade when healthy and is from a college with a long stable of great RB's. 

Let's hope every running back does well so our coaching staff has a tough choice, not hope a draft pick we did not agree with fails.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 12:39 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The Bengal aren't cutting Walton. We'll probably carry 4 RBs with Hill and Carson battling for the last spot.

You're probably right about this. It's a shame too, because both Carson and Hill offer alot as RBs. I think Boom Williams does, as well. I guess it's a good problem to have such tough decisions to make. Someone will go on PS for sure, but we can only hope it's a moot point because GioJoe stay healthy all year.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 12:01 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Walton is making it because of Special Teams. So it's between Hill and Carson for the fourth spot. I would go with Hill but Carson looked impressive as well. Doubt either play that much this season.

This re Walton.
Reply/Quote
Definitely have some nice depth here. Walton will make this team though. Hopefully this is all a moot point. Mixon can be a workhouse with Gio spelling him.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 11:36 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Definitely have some nice depth here.  Walton will make this team though.  Hopefully this is all a moot point.  Mixon can be a workhouse with Gio spelling him.

Yes hopefully, but they need to plan on at least one of the two getting hurt at some point this season and having a legit 3rd stringer....
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2018, 08:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: We could cut Barkley, then list Flowers as the emergency 3rd string QB, and keep 5 RB's that way.....

I like it. Cool
Reply/Quote
Have thought Carson for last two years now.

Has always looked good to me but never makes cut.

Anyway think he deserves it once again but will probably be last man out again.

This year think it comes down to the Bengals knowing he can be stashed on PS and not get claimed.

Hope I am wrong because think he would be an asset.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote