Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RB backups
(08-14-2018, 08:29 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Have thought Carson for last two years now.

Has always looked good to me but never makes cut.

Anyway think he deserves it once again but will probably be last man out again.

This year think it comes down to the Bengals knowing he can be stashed on PS and not get claimed.

Hope I am wrong because think he would be an asset.

Problem for him is Walton was picked in the 4th round and Brian Hill has been very good.

Tra is going to have to play great to make the roster, like really great.

Kind of sucks but competition is always a good thing and if he doesn't make it he should get a shot somewhere.

Talented guy ole Tra Carson is, always liked him since college.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals go with 6 wideouts (Green, Boyd, Ross, Malone, Erickson, Tate) they will very likely go with 4 running backs, and Tra Carson is an experienced upback on special teams.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
i look at it this way.
Walton and Carson are essentially the same kind of back and are in the same build as Bernard.
Fast got wiggle in the hips and can accelerate
Brian Hill is built a little leaner taller. he showed me something i think vs the Lions on that 39 yd
gain in limited action.it might come down to who can pass
block better and can give you something in special teams
i think.Hill gets the final RB spot
Reply/Quote
More pressing needs to keep am extra position at say defensive back or lineman. We wont keep any more than 4. Typically your 4th RB might get 1 to 2 Carrie's a game. So Specialties might be a factor who is that 4th back, my opinion from what I have read and see at practices is they like Waltons skill set and will be patient this year and not cut the 4th round pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote